Tasted blood

With a grin Ilus glared at the knife in his hand. Daily he heard Whitefu'rs screams. He knew that with those methods he didn't have long anymore. By now he was sending Fishhead down regularly to keep under control when he was finally able to kill him. So it also was on this day. Henry entered the bedroom and shook blood off his hand, huffing: "Fishhead is giving him this day. If you really want to get him through your hand, then you should do it tomorrow night". "After god damn ten long years... At last...", his smile grew bigger. "You won't be using your beloved revolver?", he asked and went into their bathroom. He shook his head: "I'm going to stab his back like he did with me". Between the plashing of the running faucet Henry sounded: "I was wondering anyway... it sounded like you once used to like each other".

It got quiet. Henry came out of the bathroom and dug deeper: "Ilus?" "We were very close friends, you could say. Back then I didn't have friends, I told myself. What is all that supposed to be? Trust? Friendship? Love? Still, I always felt comfortable when I was around him. I can't recall it clearly anymore, but Iceman and Boss had to choose from us. Which lost child they would help. I was only chosen, because... Mitya was already known to Iceman in Russia...", he got goose bumps, "I still hate that thought... Maybe he also chose me because I have white skin and am younger... I wish not to have been chosen. I didn't want the support of this filthy man. But Whitefur wanted it. He accused and insulted me that I should consider myself lucky. I was furious".

Caring Henry put his hand on his shoulder. Still, he was bitter: "He said that he wanted to prove me that he then can very well survive on the streets and open a business on his own. He meant to be much stronger than me. I know, I could've managed it without help just as well. After all, I didn't want any help. I can't prove him that he's wrong. For that I would need to turn back time. But I can show him that in the end I'll be the one that survives longer. I'm sure I'll turn 22 too. From the two of us I'm the one who kills the other". Henry thought about it and concluded: "Did Whitefur call himself like that because you have white hair and he wanted to defeat you - in a sense of wearing your tiger fur?". "What do I know? He never told me. I never cared, really. Definitively I wanted to have his head as soon as he became so arrogant and soulless. Treated his gang like livestock. And forgot, what humanity meant", he clenched his fists.

He took a deep breath and lowered his shoulders: "After his defeat, he moved to Seattle since he was able to build up his drug business here. I forgot about him and pushed him to my dark memories that I didn't want to recall. It was almost a surprise to meet him again. A nasty surprise...". "But you've won", Henry reminded, "You don't need to be so spiteful anymore. Your archenemies are done for. Now you're standing on top. Instead of growling and insulting as you give him the coup de grace, you should laugh". "Wouldn't that seem a bit sick?", he doubted. Henry grinned and bent down to him: "I've never laughed as much as I did the past days". Lastly, Ilus smiled: "You once were innocent". "It's all your fault", he shrugged and kissed him.

~~~

It was five in the morning, the shift ended soon. Ilus came out of the kitchen stretching: "Wasn't tonight a beautiful shift?". "Chef?", came from Koi. "Yes?", he turned around smiling. He asked joking: "Would you recommend the drug you've taken?". "You know the bittersweet taste of revenge yourself. Do not try to provoke me now, I know you. Especially now I could become very bipolar", he warned grinning. Henry jumped out of his armchair and approached Koi: "I also ask of you not to put him in a bad mood". "I get it, you could miss out on a wicked date", Koi nodded, "I've worked too much tonight anyway. After everything I'll go to sleep. Don't worry, I won't be a danger... for today". "That's fine by me", light-hearted Henry went back.

Ilus walked up to his desk. Not far from that were multiple chairs, on one sat Zigz. Very concentrated he stared at a pack of cigarettes and his lighter. "Do you need to pull yourself together?", Ilus playfully tilted his head. "I've been doing this for an hour", he mumbled against his hands. Laughing Ilus took his lighter away: "Let's do it like this. We're going to need this later on, after all". As he pranced to his desk, Zigz sighed into his hands. Shark came by and looked at his stressed friend. Thereupon he took a swing with his leg and kicked the pack with full power out of a window. To keep his good mood, Ilus pretend not to have seen how the glass shattered. Zigz jumped up startled and wanted to run after his cigarettes, but Shark picked him up and put him on a treadmill in the work-out area. Confused he jogged, Shark observed him strictly.