Living with flaws

Lucky asked laughing: "And it's really that easy?". Koi crossed his arms and puffed: "Sure, call it easy. I only fell flat five times". Like that Lucky kicked for the first time and drove off on his own skateboard. Immediately Koi followed him: "Hey, wait up!". "Ilus told you to do more sports. Lately you've eaten a lot of junk. So don't fall behind", he teased him. "Oh, what do you want to be? A diet expert, Mister I-never-eat-salads?", Koi muttered and caught up to him. They just cruised through the poorly lit and quiet streets in the suburbs. Lucky took a deep breath: "This is a nice change to always driving cars and motorcycles. Catching some fresh air". Something ringed in Koi's ears and he mumbled: "But there's something fishy here and it ain't me...". He stopped and held onto Lucky. From an alley way Bambi rolled on her skateboard with a stranger.

Koi looked down on her. She hissed: "Don't look at me like that, you've betrayed me". He didn't have much to say directly, just pointed at the man: "Is that the guy you've been texting hearts shortly after I joined your zoo?". She ripped her eyes open: "How did you know?". He shrugged: "I'm a hacker?". Bambi sent her new lover away. Koi felt her insecurity and picked on it: "That gave me all the rights and the certainty to pull everything the way I planned to. Sure, I've already planned beforehand. After all, I did it out of loyalty to my employer and life saver. But afterwards, betraying you didn't hurt me anymore. Break my heart and I'll break all your bones. The only thing that I missed was your externally pretty face and your fake smile. I was right. I really do pick the treacherous snakes every god damn time. Get out of my way and let me live, alright? And enjoy that oh so terrible pampering of the braggart". He let Lucky go ahead and hissed at her while following him: "Slut".

Farther ahead Lucky was impressed: "I wish I could've talked like this to my ex in ninth grade back then. Your savageness is enviable". "I wasn't able to counter like that after my first relationship either. I had to learn it by examples first", Koi remained apathetical, "If you can read the patterns of a human quickly, the easier it gets to grab them by their weak point and hurt them. I could've dragged her down much more just now, all the way down to hellfire. But I've already threatened her to break her bones - Not her heart". "Somehow I'm afraid of the final fight with Whitefur, but somehow I'm also convinced to run through there like badasses with everyone else. Already because of your threats. I surely won't fall back", he grinned and they continued their journey at the harbour.

In the meantime, there was pretty much usual business going on in the hideout. Only the first league didn't go out on missions. Shark became so emotionally unstable that Ilus had to declare him as sick and put him into bed. Fishhead knew a therapist that was able to take care of Dexter and Shark in turns. In that shift it was Shark's turn. Henry organized a quickly build-up bed for Dexter in their bedroom. When they slept during the day, Dexter went for walks or visited the library. Therefore their paths never really crossed which ripped Henry's heart. He knew soon he would never see his best friend again and the time they had still left, they didn't even spend together.

It confused Ilus when Shark and the therapist entered the building with a box. He asked: "Where were you?". Shark explained: "Dexi lost lemur... He likes animals, like me...". Henry looked up from his phone and followed Shark, who was headed for their bedroom. Dexter slept tight. He didn't notice how Shark placed the box on the floor, opened it, got a puppy out and put it beside Dexter's head on the pillow. His therapist explained whispering: "Both have a big heart for animals and it seemed like a good idea to me. Spencer needs to understand human connection and what it means to make others happy. When they're sad, what friendship feels like and what it means to love. On the other hand, Dexter very well knows that he won't be able to see his best friend for long anymore and may lose him. So he needs a new buddy that accompanies him during his travles through the world". Henry gulped and held his hand on his heart: "It's just the best for him, right...?". The therapist nodded and Henry took a deep breath to not cry again.

~~~

Zigz approached Ilus running: "Do you know where all the flour is at?". "Isn't it in the community kitchen?", he raised an eyebrow. "No and I need it stat! Yesterday Kiki told how she'd like to eat waffles again!", he jolted him heavily. With a slight whiplash Ilus answered: "Right, you're making breakfast for her daily by now. Just ask her yourself". -"Is she awake yet? I won't wake her up without food". Ilus sighed and turned away from him: "Dear god, never turn me this way for Henry...". Ruffled Zigz sprinted upstairs. He almost ran Lucky over: "Dude, half an hour before work's done. Chill". "No!", he growled and left. He ripped the door to his own room open. He hoped for a last stock in his own cupboards. But he was perplexed to see a whole served buffet and Kiki at the stove.

She glanced at him: "Morning. Sit down, dinner's almost ready". Irritated he looked over to Shark, sitting on his bed and trying to learn how to read and write in English: "What's happening here?". Shark was too concentrated to explain. Kiki brought a plate of food to Shark and gave it to him. Afterwards, she sat down with Zigz at the table and said: "I cooked for all of us. Aren't you hungry?". "I am, I...", bewildered he looked at the plates with a lot of food. She apologized: "Oh, wait a second. This is the breakfast for me. Of course you can grab some of it too, but it's time for dinner for you". From the stove she grabbed a pot and put it onto the table. She served him freshly self made beef olives. Zigz made squealing sounds and drooled.

"Why does god love me so much that I get to dream so heavenly?", he asked. Kiki pinched him: "You're awake. Now eat. Ilus noticed that you've been smoking more lately and therefore ate less. We now have the agreement that I cook a lot for you so you intoxicate your lungs less with nicotine. Got it?". "That still is heaven...", he simpered first, but then questioned, "But why would you agree to that? Do you get something from Ilus for it?". "I just don't want you to die of lung cancer, okay?! You're supposed to grow old!", she pushed him. He smiled lightly and started to eat: "I am really glad that we managed to stand on the same ground. I should and could never ask for more". She quietly mumbled past his statement: "Besides, a father role would do a growing boy like Jurij well...". It was still loud enough for Zigz to choke on his food, he was practically dying hitting the table. Upset she raised her voice: "Just eat and don't get your hopes too high!".