Huge race

Two weeks went by until Ilus got a message over Koi's laptop. He left everything there - His clothes, his valuables and even his brother. Whitefur wanted to start the race in five hours at the given address. The last preperations were made and Ilus got a good night's rest. He became very quiet in the past weeks. Henry tried his best to stay by his side and keep him from sadness. At afternoon, where the race was supposed to start, Ilus was a bit more tense. From his gang he took Shark, Zigz, Henry and a handful of people that had a ceratin know-how of vehicles and handiwork. Among them was Lucky, though he should only interfere if something went horribly wrong. In those two weeks he wasn't allowed to go on any missions either and definitively not touch Ilus' motorcycle. Also to him Ilus lost trust.

Now they showed up at the race track at golden hour and warm temperatures. Whitefur brought his whole gang and they all were standing there widely grinning. Henry was driving together with Ilus on the motorcycle, but he got off as soon as they arrived on the track. Before he took his distance, Henry put an arm around him and whispered: "You can do this, I believe in you". Ilus nodded and drove up the last feet. The others parked their vehicles outside off the track and split up on critical turns. Bambi stood up in skimpy clothes and a flag. In a similar outfit Henry walked up to her with the same flag. Provokingly he mentioned: "I look better in hot pants than you". Clueless Bambi looked at him: "What do you want?". Zigz gave him the sign not to play off false confidence as long as he didn't get provoked.

Whitefur faced Ilus, both their motorcycles got fueled: "How great you could make it. Are you ready to lose?". "Is that why you wanted to shock me? So I would be prepared for a not happening defeat?", he asked the counter question, "How nice of you". "Despite all circumstances still confident? I'm not believing you", he laughed. Ilus justified: "No matter how many of my people leave me - My motorcycle stays with me and I'll be able to control it as always. So don't believe me, just watch". "We'll see", Whitefur defiantly went a step back. Both didn't wear more protective clothes than a helmet. Bambi and Henry walked into the middle of the race track. Shark and Zigz crossed their fingers at the edge of the grandstand. At the same time the motors purred and just as synchronized Henry and Bambi swung their flags. Barely anyone blinked when the two raced away.

First Whitefur was up front, but after the first turn Ilus took a sharp short cut and quickly was way ahead. Zigz cheered: "That's our Chef!". To the other gang he sticked his tongue out: "He told you all, he's better at driving!". Much reaction he didn't get. Also not from Koi, who was among them. Bambi and Henry went back to each their grandstands and observed the race. Lucky glanced at Koi, they nodded at each other. Bambi questioned that: "Whoops, perhaps you have more accomplices for our boss?". "Let's put it this way - The winner takes all", he spoke secretive. The race was thrilling. At straight lines Whitefur caught up, but at turns Ilus got a huge distance. Their goal were five rounds as the track wasn't all too long.

In the third round Whitefur suddenly drew a gun and shot at Ilus, but he missed the shot. Ilus only gassed it up. He knew that Whitefur started to stress out. Otherwise he wouldn't have had the need to open gunfire. That's why he left his own gun untouched. The more it stressed Whitefur and he also lost his concentration at straight parts. By now Ilus took the clear lead. On the grandstand Bambi waved off: "Don't worry about it. Whitefur's going to shoot Ilus' tire, then he can't win anymore. Not even with a quick tire change. You know how happy Whitefur would be then. He would let me be all yours". Slinkily she leaned against Koi. "Uhu, really wonderful", he grinned, "But I've noticed something weird. You and the teddybear should go on the track and wave the red flag". "Really? I haven't noticed anything. Even if, the last round Whitefur's just going to pull through. It's alright, don't worry", she smiled.

He put his hand on her hip, bent over and murmured against her neck: "I've installed a sabotage. Do you really not want to run out?". "That's against all rules! We're not allowed to mess with the vehicles!", with that she jumped over the railing and grabbed the red flag. Henry was attentive and followed that action. At the start for the last round both Whitefur and Ilus took notice of the flags, but Ilus was the only one to slow down. In contrast, Whitefur rushed forward. With a safe distance Ilus followed carefully. Bambi was back with Koi quickly and nudged him flirtily grinning: "You naughty boy! I know you want me, but you can't do that! Bad, bad...". "Oh yeah... I'm so bad...", Koi slowly shook his head with a wide grin and pulled out a remote from his pocket. "What's that?", she asked irritated.

He explained in a deep voice: "My sabotage. Oh, thank Lucky. You're going to love Ilus' better working hours and payments". She startled: "You sabotaged Whitefur?!". Of course all the Polar Foxes heard that. Over at Ilus' gang they all worried about their Chef hanging behind. Koi walked a step back: "Call me Queen B - The b stands for bitch". Right afterwards he pressed the button and Whitefur's motorcycle started to get out of control, until it actually blew up and Whitefur himself got thrown against the next best crash barrier. Ilus was able to avoid flying pieces and hurtle past him. With that he was first and last to reach the finish line. The Order of the Polar Fox ran to Whitefur and made sure that he was still alive.

Only Koi jumped over the crash barrier and swaggered back to his family. Henry wasn't too fond with the rules and jumped out of joy: "You didn't just do that! But this time you're staying with us, yes? You won't do this again!". "I can't do it anymore now. Where would the surprise be?", he shrugged carelessly. Ilus left his motorcycle, ripped the helmet down and ran to Whitefur, Lucky followed. Whitefur was still alive, yet he could just barely move and groaned in pain. Enough strength to draw a gun and shoot Ilus in the shoulder he still had. Instantly his friends pulled him away. Hissing quietly Ilus pulled his shirt to she side and could pull the bullet out as it didn't go in deep. Right away he turned to Koi: "You even manipulated their guns?". "I got bored", he smiled. Whitefur growled: "You...! You little rat...!". "No rat, just a cunning fish", he winked at him. Heavily huffing Whitefur announced: "This is going to be a much bigger fight...! Now I want to see your blood and how all your followers suffer and rot them out...! You need to rest your poor little heart and I'm going to heal up my broken bones...! Not today... but Ilus Poljakow, I will destroy you...! Because you keep traitors with you...!".

Opposing the somewhat order of not dying today, Bambi pulled her own gun and directly aimed at Koi's head: "You used me...!". "You used me first. Hey, I was used my whole life by women. Now it's my turn to protect my friends", he defended himself. Out of sheer anger she pulled the trigger, but Lucky jumped in front of him and shielded all shots. Ilus called the command: "Retreat! They're going to freak out any moment!". Gladly they followed that instruction. Shark was the one to carry the weakened Lucky away. In the span of one minute they disappeared from the race track.