Masterplan

Later that night Koi stood in the kitchen again and ate some snacks. Henry walked past him: "Later". Straight away Koi took him by the wrist: "Wait, where are you going?". -"Grocery shopping. Three streets from here there's this 24/7 store and we need a few things. Should I get you something too?". He was hesitant: "...Don't you want to stay here?". -"Why that? I don't have much to do at the moment anyway and I'm the most well-trusted person in terms of money". He let go of him: "Nothing... I just wanted to make sure". A bit confused he left with a smile: "Okay". When he went out the door, he waved at him. With rushing steps Koi entered the main hall where the shift was busy, but not the printer. Lucky was just gearing himself up for another mission as Koi came up to him: "All embargos are still active for me. The race has to take place as it should. But that won't be the case if Ilus goes raging. Would you please tell him something, like, right now?". "I have to go. Somebody's getting chased, 'cause they wanted to save animals from a torture-basement", he rejected. Tightly Koi grabbed Lucky and whispered in his ear: "Whitefur concluded that Bambi's here and now he wants to kidnap Henry in return. Should he be successful, Ilus is going to freak out and we're all fucked, seriously".

Wide-eyed Lucky looked at him. Shark called inbetween: "What are you doing?! We need to help animals!". Hesitant Lucky went after the others for the mission. Inside the car he took the wheel and tried to keep an open eye on the streets. Henry was cruising in his own car. Carefree and clueless he ran the errands and loaded all the groceries inside the trunk. After closing it, he unexpectedly got grabbed and pinned against the floor violently. He screamed for help as long as he could, but quickly he got knocked unconscious. In the parking lot were a few other people that also just wanted to go shopping. They called the police. From afar Lucky saw the situation and how they were running late. Now Shark was also upset and Zigz understood why Lucky threw them around in the car so much. Shark drew a gun and aimed at the kidnapper car. At that he shot the front glass of their own car into pieces and barely hit the actual goal. Shortly Lucky lost control of the vehicle beacuse of that and they skidded across the street. In that time The Order of the Polar Fox managed to escape with Henry in their posession.

Lucky tried to follow with glass shards all over him. In the backseat Zigz already called Ilus: "Chef, get reinforcement to 35th Avenue going Lake City Way southwards!". Panicking Lucky shook his head: "Shush! Don't!". Zigz overheard that: "They abducted Henry!". Going from zero to hundred real quick Ilus hit his desk and growled in a dark tone: "Whitefur...!". Afterwards he shouted: "Heard! Go on a direct chase and ignore all other missions!". He hung up. The others he also gave the order. Koi stood around the corner and didn't even dare to peek around. Despite that, Ilus sprinted directly towards him and grabbed his collar: "Was that you?!". It didn't bring him any advantages to lie anymore: "I know that you're keeping Bambi in the basement and Whitefur got onto it himself. I was no correspondent here". "Fuck!", Ilus hissed and let go of him to storm out of the door first. In the blink of an eye the main hall emptied.

Meanwhile Koi rushed to the basement. Bambi didn't know yet that it was him and rolled her eyes: "Can't you come out with a ball or something?". With a crowbar he swiftly opened the gate and Bambi got up joyfully: "Yasuo!". She hugged him. Koi returned that only shortly: "We have to do something quickly or blood will flow in masses! In the end neither Ilus, nor Whitefur - or anyone of us - survives". On her wrist he pulled her out so they reached Whitefur's hideout as quickly as possible. Just a little later Ilus agitated with an unhealthily high heart rate: "Nobody was able to follow them?!". Lucky explained out of breath: "We ran out of gas and tried to follow them on foot. All the others were too late to even spot them for a first time". Ilus was so furious that he started to insult and rant in Russian. His face turned red, after a while even slightly blue. He got interrupted by honking. Startled they all jumped off the street.

They saw Koi and Bambi driving through on a motorcycle. Ilus' eyes widened: "That can't be true, is it...?". The shock was gone soon. He jumped up and started to run after them. Barely anyone could believe how fast he was. Until it was only to be seen how Ilus fell down seemingly without a reason. But Zigz noticed that something wasn't right and he followed him. Cramping Ilus held his left side of the chest and could barely breath, he also sweated. "Ilus, what's going on?", Zigz asked him. "It... hurts...!", he panted heavily. His sight blurred out and at some point he fell over unconscious.

~~~

Zigz started to loose his mind: "He's damned to die early. How often is his body supposed to visit a hospital?". Kiki tried to take over and calm the whole gang: "Just because he's been through so much, it doesn't mean that he's biting the dust today. He's going to make it, as always. The hospital was right in the same street". Lucky stared into nothingness and held his forehead: "But this time he didn't get shot at, his body gave up by itself". Zigz even laughed: "A cardiac infarction, at his young age. I can't believe it. How can one be hit by so much shit in their life?". Like out of nowhere Shark whistled for attention. He sat in front of Koi's laptop. Everyone gathered around him.

During a video call Whitefur grinned widely into the camera: "Well? All there? Just not Ilus? Where's my best friend at?". Zigz stayed direct: "At a hospital. Amazing, right?". "So it actually overwhelmed him, huh?", he laughed, "Then please call me back as soon as he's back. I have a little message for him". He turned the camera towards Henry, who was tied up on the floor: "You son of a bitch think of yourself as a huge comedian!". Shark asked: "You okay?". "Would you repeat that with Ilus and the hospital?", he asked worried. On the brink of insanity Zigz simpered: "He had a heart attack". Henry became speechless. Kiki noticed: "Aren't those Koi's shoes...?". Whitefur snapped his fingers and Koi stepped out of the shadows. He stood beside Henry; Lucky looked to the side uneasy. Monotonousely Koi said: "Make sure that Ilus is back with you in two hours - alive and awake". In Ilus' gang a revolt broke loose, but Koi just went back into the shadows. Whitefur ended the call and many kept raging over Koi's behaviour.

~~~

Fishhead managed to sneak Ilus back into the hideout, though Ilus felt very weak. Enfeebled he asked his team: "Why should I be back yet...?". Lucky sat down on the bed's edge: "Whitefur seems like he wants to negotiate with you. He should call back any moment". -"Koi's there too, right...?". "Sorry...", Lucky let his head down. At least Zigz behaved normally again as he sat beside the bed on a chair. Indeed, the call came in. Lucky clicked through everything for Ilus on Koi's laptop. Right away Whitefur's laughter sounded: "Ah, there you are! Ugly and pale as always!". "What about Henry?", the ECG clarified his heart rate rising. "You know, you had one of the only women of my gang in your posession for multiple days. I have my needs. Though Bambi's back now, you owe me. Not just me, no - my whole gang. Let me show you", he said spitefully and took his phone with the video call to another room.

Ilus didn't have to look, he already heard it and the ECG showed a pulse of 153. Lucky twitched away when the video spoke for itself. Zigz also immediately looked away. Shortly Ilus' heart rate was at 187, but quickly it decreased. Zigz panicked: "Don't get another infarction, we need you here!". Ilus shook his head and inhaled deeply. He closed the laptop and his eyes: "It's not an infarction... I'm just relieved...". Lucky gave off obvious confused sounds: "Huh?!". "That's not Henry...", he meant calmly, "That boy might've looked similar... but I'm sure the audio was just recorded... I don't need to care for now where he got that from... That was not Henry...". "Are you losing your mind now like I did or are you being serious?", Zigz asked fearing for his life. "Henry has moles all over his body, this boy had barely any...", relaxed he put his head back into the pillow, "I'm just asking myself why Whitefur wouldn't actually take Henry for this. Besides, he wants to race with me so badly. Why would he try to kill me beforehand? No, I don't understand it. But that was not Henry and that's all what counts... Please bring him back home soon...".

They wanted to get up for the order, but the door opened and Henry stepped in. Behind him stood Koi and he cut off his last bondage. Promptly Henry hugged Ilus, who had to concentrate on not losing his heart beat again. This time out of joy. Ilus smiled over Henry's shoulder: "So you haven't betrayed us after all... Koi, I don't know how-". "I'm leaving your gang and will join The Order of the Polar Fox", he gave off coldly. Ilus' smile froze: "W- what...?". Even Henry turned around appalled. Lucky nodded and gazed at the floor: "Good luck...". "Thank you", Koi nodded too and turned to Ilus one last time: "We don't need Teddy over with us. Whitefur only wanted to scare you. Please come to the race well rested, I finally want to get it over with and end this game. Thank you for your help and friendship in all those months". With these words he left them again. A tear rolled down Ilus' cheek and he hugged Henry cramping.