Parents-in-law?

From the shower Ilus still had the towel hanging over his shoulders. In addition, he brushed his teeth as he went down the stairs. He was actually searching for Zigz to talk to him. As it turned out, Zigz was waiting for Ilus first. The whole group was waiting on Ilus because they were all gathering in the main hall with their arms crossed, looking at their Chef. Slowing his brushing down and stopping on the stairs Ilus inspected them cluelessly. Until the point where he completely stopped moving. With a raised eyebrow and foam in his mouth he asked: "Can I help you?". Zigz was first to dare and speak up: "We would like to talk about our monthly payment". "Don't you get enough?", Ilus doubted. Even Shark was in the meeting: "Question is who gets too much". Confused Ilus kept gaping at them: "Koi, even you?". "I'm truly thankful to be back in first league. Still, we're assuming that something isn't quite fair here", he explained.

Concerned Ilus put the toothbrush away and washed his mouth out: "Where's the problem?". Pretty directly Zigz asked: "In what rank does Teddy actually stand?". Blushing Ilus went quiet. He was pushed down on a chair and Lucky used as an argument: "By now we're driving out every night and go on dangerous chases. The first, second and third league get paid differently here, which is totally understandable. Third rank 800, second rank 1500 to 2300 and first rank up to 5000 dollars. But would you tell us what Teddy get's monthly from you?". Koi added: "Please cross out the gas prices for his car, jewlery, clothes and other special wishes". From slightly blushing Ilus turned burning red: "That's none of your business!". Even their doctor objected: "Yes, it is, because back then you announced him as an official member of our gang. We have two other people living here not getting anything from you since they're no teammates, but family members. So we want to stay fair and loyal to our ranks".

"We've never been in this situation before!", Ilus gulped nervously, "Until now everything has been simple!". Zigz stood close behind him with a deep voice: "And that allows you to give him extra 7000 dollars pocket money each month? In favor of you letting him do nothing more than going grocery shopping every now and then? You barely let him hold a blunt knife. He was never allowed to join us on missions, but he's in first league?". Lucky corrected him: "He's not in first league, these people only get 5000 at highest". Pressured Ilus responded: "You want me to make him my official husband so we can share the bank account?! You've never been such picky philistines before!". Koi started snorting: "I think we've teased him enough now". After all, they all laughed relaxed. Wide-eyed Ilus sank down in his chair and breathed heavily: "You fuckers...". Koi patted his back, Zigz tousled his hair and they all got back to their soon starting work.

From upstairs they heard a dull sound. When they looked up, Henry was lying unconscious on the floor. Ilus startled and ran up: "He heard that!". Ironical "Whoops" could be heard from everywhere. It didn't take long until Henry woke up again. Ilus scratched his back head: "Sorry about that...". Dazed he mumbled: "Dexter will be here in ten minutes and he brought my parents...". Ilus ripped his eyes open: "Excuse me?! Shouldn't he have been bitten by a snake and be dead by now?!". Henry's pale look turned suspicious and judging. A knock from the windows downstairs could be heard and a muffled: "Henry? Henry, are you in there?". The adressed one squeaked: "No". Shark was so nice to open the door for him: "Ah, there is boy Ilus called monkey with monkey". Innocently Ilus looked around. On Dexter's shoudler Ringo indeed sat. Shark took him to introduce him to Vincent van Goat. In contrast, Dexter wanted to introduce Henry's parents to Ilus.

Panicking Henry grabbed Ilus by the collar: "Before we'll both die!" and kissed him violently. The kiss got interrupted by the uncomfortable throat-clearing of his mother: "Uh, Henry? We're glad to hear that you're still alive considering some circumstances. Would you please tell us personally what happened?". "Well... Actually no", he smiled nervously. Dexter sighed: "They know the worst already. I'm sorry, but these are your parents. Besides, they also raised Dylan in some parts. They're such good people, they deserve the truth". Ilus' look turned bad and Henry contemplated.

~~~

At the big table they sat in a group of four while Koi played some sort of waiter and Zigz was the cook. Dexter was of the opinion: "It's best to introduce your parents-in-law during a nice dinner". Henry hissed quietly: "You've never had a girlfriend, what do you want to know?!". "I've read and watched many books and movies", he puffed and also played a waiter. Koi poured the parents some wine. The mother tried to be friendly: "Why, thank you darling". Koi hesitated and growled: "Darling...?". Henry raised his voice: "Mom, that's a man!". Startled she covered her mouth: "I apologize". With a twitching eye Koi stood there. Lucky stepped in and pulled him to the side: "It's alright, princess".

The father tried to fit into the conversation: "I don't want to call out any accusations or anything, but when I'm looking at the gentlemen here... Henry, this boy is the only one you have a relationship with, right?". Appalled Koi's jaw dropped and Henry hit the table: "Of course! What's that supposed to mean?! As if I'd do something like that!". Koi squealed: "Yeah, what's that supposed to mean?!". But he got ignored. Just as appalled the mother countered: "We've been told that you danced for elderlies". -"I was drunk and drugged...". Now Shark loudly cleared his throat. Henry raised his voice: "The other time was for the mission! I didn't enjoy it!". Directly Ilus pushed his glass of wine to the side. His mother shook her head: "Henry, this isn't about what you enjoy or what your preferences are or anything of that sort. Of course you should be able to be free and love whatever, whoever, you want. We as your parents are just worried in what kind of environment you live. It's not about you dancing on a pole, it's about that you almost got sold to some creepy strangers".

For the first time Ilus spoke up: "I'm keeping him safe. Though he obviously knows how to defend himself, I don't want him to ever get into such danger again. It's messing with my sanity, my feelings. Although I haven't had a parenting role in a long time, I can understand on a different basis how much you want to see him be safe. I want that too, more than anything else in this world. After I've put him into so much danger and he's helped me so much... Maybe I should thank you two that you brought this astonishing human to this world". Henry went quieter and took Ilus' hand. The parents also calmed down and even loosened up. His father smiled: "That's a relief to hear. Until now we've always been a standard family with the white picket fence. Whenever we've heard of street kids, then it was nothing but trouble. We just wanted to be sure that our son is in good hands and is loved". Hardly breathing Ilus glanced at the three sitting at the table. Koi walked over to and nudged him: "Come on, say it". Lastly, Ilus broke up a smile: "He is, yes. I love him". Squeaking Henry hugged him and fidgeted with his legs. Koi tapped their backs: "Oh yeah, he also gets treated very well... Spoiled, pampered, decorated like a christmas tree...". Ilus pushed him away, but the parents laughed.