Patycrasher

So basically everything was going downhill.

It got worse when they heard screaming from the entrance. Ilus recognized the newly entered and armed people and commanded: "Draw your guns and defend!". Like that did... most of them. Lucky was lying on the floor beside Koi's shoes. Civilists tried to run to safety while a fragmented group of The Order of the Polar Fox entered further. One of them clarified: "Whitefur isn't here, no worries. But since we're meeting, we can play around a bit". Ilus growled offensively: "We're not alone here! Do you have no sense of manners?". "Do you have no sense of humor and fun?", they countered. With a bad look he observed the small group and he noticed that Bambi was among them. So he meant to his own group: "Nobody shoots as long as it isn't neccessary". In the corner of his eye he saw Koi obeying, despite the alcohol. He wasn't even aiming at Bambi.

As the partner Henry was allowed to also talk: "We're not interested to fight beforehand". Ilus glanced at him and startled to see how Henry wasn't carrying a small hand gun, but an assault rifle. The other side sticked with trouble: "Only hardly we can party in the same club together after what has happened. A stupid coincidence". Koi hissed quietly and shook his head. He saw exactly how Bambi was holding her phone. So they most likely tracked them down again. A young man from the Polar Foxes ordered: "Open fire!". With that Ilus' gang also defended itself and an exchange of bullets started. Still, Ilus instructed: "Nobody gets killed today!". "Yes, Chef!", it sounded loudly. From Arrow a bit harder to understand as he was eating while shooting.

Though it became problematic when Bambi aimed at the half conscious Lucky. Because then Koi became furious. He just barely pulled himself together and only shot at her lung. She was appalled that he actually shot and therefore retreated. Not long until many others pulled back too, wounded. Before the police arrived, Ilus and the others also left the club. As they ran through the bushes together, Ilus asked: "Who was shooting behind me?". Arrow raised his hand: "Me, Chef". "You didn't miss a single shot", he mentioned. Suddenly Zigz stopped and turned around: "Kiki's still in there!". Ilus grabbed him and ran himself: "You're staying here!". Bewildered Henry looked at Zigz: "Why doesn't he let you go?". "Back then he threatened to kill me should I ever touch her", he scratched his back head. Henry raised his voice: "And you still risk it?!". "I want to die happily! Besides, that just now wasn't my fault!", he justified.

~~~

The doctor was confused: "And Lucky didn't get hurt?". Huffing Koi explained: "Put my foot in front of his head before the bullet hit". Henry worried about him: "That's why you were running so slow". He nodded in pain: "Give me a glass of vodka". The doctor did as he said: "That should definitively clean the wou-". Suddenly Koi took a big sip: "That numbs the pain". In the meantime, Arrow looked at his P90: "I think to have found my weapon". Concerned Ilus meant: "Teddy did too". Henry smiled at him: "You said I should pick a suiting weapon in the training that goes well with me. The bigger guns are just better fitting toys for me". Through the alcohol Koi dared to pull his jokes: "Chefster, you should feel honored". "Shut up and have pain", Ilus silenced him.

Then the doctor took care of Koi's wound. He was the only one that got hit. Kiki walked through the door: "Jeremy, we have to talk". Ilus grabbed Henry's assault rifle and dismissed him: "Yeah, talk to each other". Intimidated Zigz followed her hesitating. Unexpectedly Shark took the shot tube and pushed the weapon down. Surprised Ilus looked at him. Henry clapped happily: "His therapist told me that he's making huge progress and he expanded his English vocabulary". Ilus simply couldn't revolt against that, so he let go of the gun muttering. Henry turned to him: "Why do you have something against that so badly in the first place?". Ilus was about to say something, but his look got dull: "An outdated prejudice... Maybe I should just forget about it... Excuse me, it's bed time soon and I still need to shower". Inconspicuously Henry followed him.

On the fire escapes along the building's outerior Kiki leaned on the railing sighing. A warm summer rain drizzled from the sky, as in the far horizon a trace of the sun rise was visible. Zigz surely wasn't the one to start the conversation. She kept thinking for a bit and then asked: "Do you remember the time where we didn't have any problems?". "Almost nine years are long, but I certainly won't ever forget anything", he agreed, "Nineteen... what a beautfiul age...". "I just freshly turned eighteen... You were almost twenty. And still, we both were wild and stupid. Where Ilus didn't have a set business yet, he was just eleven. Still, we've had to keep a lot secret back then", she simpered. He was daydreaming himself: "Crashed parties, build up your café, broke into public swimming pools at night, stole fireworks, got high just from the adrenaline... Truly a limitless time - everything behind Ilus' back. How did we do that?".

"Dunno...", she rested her head on her arms, "Jeremy... That back there really woke my nostalgia... For a moment I felt eighteen again... A crowded club, loud music, colorful lights, the two of us making out... As if I was young again and excited for no reason". Heavily exhaling Zigz leaned his head against the stone wall: "That's how I still feel every night. It's enough for me to look at you. But you already know that, you're smart after all". Biting her tongue Kiki asked: "Why did you have to tell me about your past?". "Because you wanted me to. Never ever would I have rejected a request from you. Though I knew it would cost me everything. With all means the world is bowing at your feet, I never wanted to give you any other impression", he laughed desperately.

She straightened up and directly looked him into his eyes: "If you still remember everything so well, then you'll surely also remember what I've told you in the fight with Iceman". "You'll always hate me", he nodded, "My misbehaviour as a teenager is unforgivable and unacceptable. I never blamed you for your decision and also never will. That Taya doesn't want to give me full custody I fully understand. Of course nobody trusts me with children, I could run away. Oh, I'll always regret... But that's the life, I can't change it. Only give it my best until the day my body gives up". "And that day you're bringing closer with your smoking, because you want to give up!", Kiki raised her voice. Thrown off track Zigz blanked, but he stayed calm: "There have been days, but by now it really is just an addiction".

Slowly Kiki's voice started to break: "What does it take you to stop entirely? Yes, I will always hate you. With the title of a mother I really can only see it as a black spot in your personality. But I will also always remember what we had before that. Do you remember how mad I was when you started to go out on missions with shootings more often? I couldn't have let the possible father of my future children died. I'm not expecting more from you than to be less careless and ruthless with your life. When someday the day comes where I'm giving in and forget that I'm a Poljakow, then you're supposed to still breathe and be able to put the ring on my finger". Shortly Zigz heart stopped. Then he pulled himself together and held his pinky finger up: "I promise you if you promise me that this day will come some day. Surely then I will wait for you".