Crazy freaks in the mad house

Ilus helped Fishhead out a lot with patching up the members. Close to the end of the fight Henry also got shot into his leg. That's what Ilus cared most for. Even the goat walked around helping by carrying bandages across the room. Shark was in the basement, taking care of Whitefur. Ilus had to trust him not to snap and kill him already. In contrast to Koi, who came back very late, around sunset. Worried Ilus turned to him: "What happened to you...?". His pretty white suit was drenched in blood. He apologized monotonously: "I'm sorry, Chef... A fuse snapped...". Shota and Dexter were back again too, so Shota asked: "Another one?". Ilus raised an eyebrow: "I'm heavily assuming that Bambi is long gone". "She isn't just dead", he grinned faintly and stroked over the blood on his suit with twitching fingers, "These are her last traces...". "But you're unscathed?", Ilus questioned with a slight fear of him. Koi shook his head: "I've never felt better".

"Please go take a shower and go to bed", Ilus gulped and Koi followed the instruction silently. He went back to the nursery, where many were asleep. The doctor shook his head: "Ilus, way too many have been hit. I have to try to arrange some quick contacts to other doctors. Or you and Shark want to learn how to operate on bullets". "Main thing is that they'll all survive. We still have enough pain killers, right?", he made sure. Fishhead nodded: "If these are your only worries, then you don't need to worry". Ilus asked when he saw Zigz: "But he has no shot wounds?". The doctor could only shrug: "Kiki said that his circulation crashed. I don't know why, though". "I'm sure he's eaten enough...", he muttered and asked of him, "I'm no medic, but that doesn't seem healthy. Please keep an eye on him".

~~~

It was late and most were asleep. Ilus leisurely walked down the stairs to the basement to visit Whitefur, hanging all tied up from the ceiling in a 40 degree angle. Light-headed he spoke: "I was wondering why you didn't just shoot me when I entered. Alright, you want to torture me". "What? Me torture you?", Ilus laughed, "No, I wouldn't do that. The wish, to slowly let the blood flow into your brain, came from Koi". -"And why are there knives and instruments of torture?". -"Because also Shark, Teddy and Zigz seek revenge with you. They all want to hurt you. The problem was just that I want to kill you. So we came to the agreement that they're allowed to do whatever they want with you, until your body almost gives up. Then I'll come back".

"You obviously don't care if I have to use the bathroom or get hungry, do you?", he puffed. "I'll have forgotten about it in ten minutes. All those years you meant to stand above me. Because you are faster and get more people convinced. Tell me, Zachary, where are all those people now? In comparison to you, I tell my men to back out immediately as soon as they get critically shot. You've always told your people to blindly fight for you until they die. For what reward? With what value? What have you ever given your zoo?", Ilus put him down. "How'bout you shut your fucking mouth and leave me alone?", he suggested. Ilus stood very close in front of him: "Jealousy... You never were able to stand my talents, because you never had them yourself. I could tell you that you should be glad that Iceman back then decided to choose me instead of you. But you would deny that, since you have no empathy. The one thing you don't own, I have plenty of. That frustrates you, how sad. And despite all this empathy, I won't pity you for even a second, in which you'll be hanging here".

"With your attitude you're going to die someday", he marked. Sarcastically surprised Ilus made big eyes: "Oh, there is some sort of sympathy inside of you, after all? Listen, I don't need this. Not from you". From the stairs they heard other steps. Widely grinning Ilus backed away: "I'll go to sleep then. No worries, you're not alone here. Your best friends for the following nights are here now". Down the stairs came only Shark and Henry for now, as Zigz and Koi were still sleeping. Ilus turned to the two of them: "Have fun. Don't forget to keep him alive". Henry pulled out a lighter and Shark cracked his knuckles. Mercilessly Henry lit the lighter and directly held it against Whitefur's skin. He hissed: "Piss off, wannabe-slut!". Apathatical Henry spoke: "Never ever would I have thought to see my childhood best friend so depressed and sad, where he always was an optimistic ray of sunshine... I'll make sure that your only fun time down here is when you're hanging around all alone and lonesome..."

Bickering Whitefur hoped for mercy: "Shark, you've always been so nice and especially stupid enough. How about you hit me so badly each evening so I'll become unconscious every time?". Suddenly Shark grabbed him by the neck and squeezed. Henry also took a knife: "Don't think that even one of us is going to spare you".

Right in front of his door Ilus heard loud screams of pain. Daydreaming he took a deep breath and entered his bedroom simpering: "What a beautiful night...". In his room Dexter slept hurled up in an armchair, between his arms his puppy. Ilus let him be and didn't wake him. He just went to bed himself. In the middle of the night he heard sudden panicking screams and rapid steps coming upstairs. Next, Koi was heard: "Joel, are you alright?!". A few seconds later the door opened and Henry entered. Sleepily Ilus asked: "What's wrong now?". "Reality seems to have struck Koi", he mumbled bewildered and lied down beside him: "You're probably tired, but... we have some time for ourselves right now...". Ilus rejected: "Dexter's lying there". Startled Henry straightened up and saw his sleeping best friend in the dim moonlight. As if nothing happened, Henry laid back down: "Sleep well".

~~~

"Then I'll see you this evening for the next shift, sleep another round", Ilus closed the meeting at the day of light and dismissed his team. Many were still recovering from their wounds. Koi stumbled out of the kitchen with a mountain of snacks. Directly Ilus stopped him: "Would you please store the food available for everyone in the community kitchen?". "That's all going to Lucky!", he protested. -"What's gotten into you again now?". -"Listen. I can pull a fortune of money out of the internet to buy a Lambo, but I can't buy a new best friend. He was almost shot into the heart. That's my fault". -"I'm going to visit Whitefur now, will you join me?". "Later!", he growled and went to the nursery. Shota sneaked behind him to grab off a few bags of chips.

Ilus stuck with his words and went into the basement. Weakened Whitefur was hanging there. He welcomed him: "Oh yeah, free me from my misery". "Did I say to only come back to kill you? My bad, I'll visit more often and am going to kill you sometime", he apologized falsely. "You were always calling my gang a zoo. Because I gave them animalic names. But what you're doing to others is so gruesome. You are true, wild animals", he growled at him. Ilus advised: "Shark wouldn't like you to badmouth animals like that. Should I tell him?". "Do me a favor... and don't do that...", he panted. "When other time then?", Ilus smiled at all his bruises, burns and cut wounds, "Remember that I'm allowing myself to call your actions a zoo because I'm leading a freakshow. Every normie from the outer world would say at the first look of my men that we are freaks. Gone grazy creatures that don't fit into society".

Their conversation was interrupted by Henry coming down. Whitefur started to fidget around: "Get him away! I'm letting myself get tortured by every single one of your freaks then, but not him anymore!". Ilus was startled first, but then grinned at his boyfriend: "You've awoken a feeling of fear in him. You're always surprising me anew". Henry talked past everything: "I know that you've slept enough to pull through the shift tonight. I'm still expecting something from you". Beofre Ilus could speak again, he was dragged upstairs on his arm. On the way they crossed paths with Zigz. Quickly Ilus wanted to ask: "Zigz, how-?". Suddenly he screamed: "It wasn't me! I mean, it was me and I'm taking full responsibility! Argh, please don't kill me!". With a confused look Ilus was pulled into the bedroom.