Living confidently

Lucky rustled with a bag of chips in his hand and ripped Koi's curtain open: "Move it, I wanna play some games". Koi declined: "Sorry, but I have to reset my phone right now. That cunt won't track me down a third time. She's supposed to stay out of my fucking life and stop running after me. She should go have fun with some other guys. Don't care whether it's with guns or in a bed". Almost getting scared Lucky raised his arms: "I'll come back in half an hour". With that he turned around and bumped into Henry, who was looking at his phone. Right away Lucky took him away: "He has his five minutes. Whatever it is, you should better leave him alone for now". "A- alright, but since when does the printer have anger issues?", confused Henry let himself get dragged away.

Concentrated on the screen Koi noticed: "Huh, why ruin all my beautiful data when I could easily hack and ruin her?". For him that were only a few clicks and codes. In less than a minute he saw Bambi's phone display and how things were moving on it. So she was using it at the moment. For that long Koi didn't manipulate anything. She dialed a number to call. Hoping for information to humiliate her, he eavesdropped over his headphones.

The call went to voice mail, still, Bambi left a message: "Hello Julyn, this is Ahri. I know, we haven't talked to each other in four years, but this is going to be last time you'll hear from me anyways. When I disappeared so suddenly, I joined a street gang that was able to survive by making and selling drugs. But this gang is in a severe dispute with another gang. Pretty soon we'll have a big fight, which I'm surely not going to survive. I've underestimated someone there and made him really angry. Still, I'm going to storm in there with all my power and give it my best. You don't know me like this, but I'm going to have to play dirty tricks to have a chance. Please tell that to our parents and don't try to call me back". With a wide grin Koi leaned back and leisurely put his hands behind his head: "Oh yeah? Is that so? Dirty games against me...? I'm all too well known with that...".

~~~

Tired Ilus approached Koi: "Lucky said you wanted to tell me something?". "Only wanted to warn you that we might get surprised with a knife through our backs", he spinned a Butterfly knife around his hand. "Don't take any rash steps, remain patient. I know, you want to rip her head off. You are allowed to do so when the fight is over", Ilus reminded him. He shrugged: "I know, I'm not impatient. That really was a warning. We should stay on lookout for deceitful phrases and actions. I have my plans in my head". "Just make sure that your glasses stay clean and don't break this time. Or it'll get expensive again", Ilus waved off and went upstairs. On the double bed was lying Henry on his belly and he swung his legs back and forth: "Oh no, is the tiger tired?". "I've just had a whole discussion as to why Shark wouldn't be allowed to bring Vincent van Goat to a sushi bar", he raised his eyebrows. "How did you convince him?", he asked curious. -"I didn't".

In the sushi bar sat the young goat on Shark's lap while Zigz relished: "I have to say, I did miss the asian cuisine". "Kiki has asian friend, she can learn", Shark suggested. "I don't want to bother her. No, in the upcoming days I'll cook something for her", he was ambitious. Judging Shark looked at him: "You'll forget". "Maybe, but that won't keep me from the thought of it!", he defended himself. The door to the restaurant opened and Zigz recognized the female voice right away: "Jeremy? What happened to your hair?". Still with the chopsticks in his mouth Zigz mumbled against the counter: "Oh fuck". Smiling he turned around: "Hello April! What are you doing here? In Seattle? Where I live and work? Which you shouldn't know of?". "You haven't answered me in a week", she meant worried, "Just because of the hair?". He dropped his shoulders: "Actually, they're always dyed like this. I apologize...".

She crossed her arms: "You have to apologize for other things. I know what you are doing as your day job". Zigz gulped wide-eyed; rapidly Shark grabbed him by his collar and commanded: "Run!". But April grabbed him so that he was dragged back while running and fell down together with the goat. Startled Zigz looked at his sister: "How strong are you?!". With a raised nose she spoke: "I can do much more than you think. For example, I found out that Spencer can speak Spanish fluently and I took advanced language courses in uni". "We're screwed...", Zigz was appalled. She put her hand on the shoulder of her brother and whipsered to him: "I saw the weapons in the trunk of your car and then I knew that you didn't have a normal job". On the floor Shark facepalmed and Zigz took a deep breath with closed eyes: "I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed... April, listen - Though you're a lawyer, you mustn't-". She interrupted him: "I'm not going to snitch on you".

Both made confused sounds. She explained further: "I know your good heart. You use those weapons for good things only. You're fighting the bad boys on the streets. I mean, how terrible are the people that print fake IDs to illegally transport wild strangers to other countries?". She started laughing and Zigz joined nervously: "Sure, yeah that's horrible! Yes, I would never do such a thing! Especially not Shark!". Shark growled at him: "Spencer!". Realizing his stupidity once again he smashed his head on the counter. April giggled: "I'm aware that you need nicknames. Don't worry, you're safe with me. Shark fits a tall, strong and buff man like you". Still lying on the ground Shark looked at her with the goat on his belly: "I like animals, but no sharks". Afterwards, she turned back to her brother chuckling: "I'm certain you have a cool name too". "Sure, and that definitively has nothing to do with my smoking addiction", he wore a crooked smile.

Shark got up and suddenly April spoke to him in Spanish. Zigz tried to understand what they said, since Shark answered. They even had a conversation lasting longer than a minute. But at some point Shark became sharp-eyed, said one last thing and left the sushi bar with his goat. Zigz asked immediately: "Did you say something bad about animals?!". She shook her head a bit repelled: "No, he just has the same opinion as you. He couldn't handle starting something with the sister of his best friend". Baffled Zigz jaw dropped: "He said it like that?". "Yeah, oh well. That's too bad, but I guess your lifestyle is too dangerous for me anyway. That's why I have to go soon and can't spend much time with you. But please stay in contact with me. You're still my little brother", she demanded. "Of course...", he was perplexed.

"One more question - How are things going with Kiki? My friend would still-", she asked, there Zigz all of a sudden jumped up and ran out: "I gotta go, work was hard! Shark- Spencer- surely still wants to bathe his goat! It was nice seeing you again!". Confused she looked after him: "The last time he behaved like that, he tried to hide that thing with Taya from me...".