On tension

With a lot of confidence Ilus spoke: "It's not unlikely that Whitefur's going to attack tomorrow. This night is our last shift before this fight. I want most outside missions to be neglected to rest our cars. Zigz and I are going to check up on every single vehicle and refuel them. The plan is so far ready - Should they arrive here, we're all going to take our weapons and jump in our vehicles to fight in Whitefur's hideout. Don't forget who your asigned partner is. It's really important that we're not standing alone in this fight. Make sure that you always have one other person by your side. Whoever wants to take another look at our plans - I scattered them across the table over there. Please don't muddle them up. After our shift today, I'm going to put them away so Whitefur won't find them. For any further questions you can always ask me during this night".

Right there Lucky had a question: "On what mission am I going so that I have to wear a suit?". Bewildered Ilus raised an eyebrow: "Didn't Koi tell you? It's not a mission". Koi himself came out of the bathroom in a snazzy suit and grabbed Lucky: "We'll be back in time". Irritated Lucky stumbled after him: "Where are we going?". Uncertain Henry whispered to Ilus: "Are you sure that that's a good idea? Especially tonight?". Ilus could only hope: "Koi is his best friend. He'll know whether it's right. Besides, he said that he prepared everything for tonight. If everything goes right, then Lucky will do his name justice and his confidence for the fight will be boosted. I'll let him take that risk".

With a lot of trust Koi was allowed to drive the Lambo. On the drive Koi explained: "Surely you're confused. When we went on the casino mission a while back, you were cranky because you weren't allowed to come with us. But Ilus only wanted to protect you. He didn't want you to break down in the casino because of your past. We've seen a small side effect when we were in the arcade. This night I'm taking you with me to iron your memories". Quieter Lucky side-eyed him: "Even if I was to win, wouldn't I relaps to my addiction and keep on playing until I lose everything again?". "That's why you have me. I'm keeping your good sense", he nodded, "Tonight you're going to win a million and it'll stay with that".

In the meantime Henry and Shota were stitching Shark's favorite coat, which ripped on many spots in the last fight. Curious Arrow walked in: "What guns are you going to use?". Shota shook his head: "As soon as that weird guy shows up here, I'll scat". Henry smiled: "I'll mostly use a Barrett M82". "It surprised me that Chef put the two of us in a team", Arrow mentioned. "He trusts you with your talents. Everything he wants is my safety", he explained. Proud of himself Arrow crossed his arms: "Who can can. I would never run away all afraid". Shota bitchily glanced at him: "Hold your cocky immature mouth back". Arrow put up a fight with him: "Just because I'm not old like you, doesn't mean I'm immature". Before an actual argument started, Henry added: "Besides, Ilus is in a team with Shark himself to successfully fulfill the plan". Shota raised both eyebrows: "I'm surprised that even you are out for that torture". Arrow asked: "Have you forgotten where you are here?". "Only my brother can like the loudmouths...", he huffed heavily.

As the two loudmouths entered the casino, a young man called immediately: "Oh, wait a second! I know him! Joel, is that really you?". Lucky flinched: "Why is that show off here...?". Koi answered for him: "Mister McCauley isn't interested in chit chatting with old aquaintances". A few people there knew Koi's face from the news and rather stayed back. Lucky hissed: "Why are you doing all of this for me?". -"I'm honest with you - In the fight against that ugly pig I need full backing to get unabridged revenge on Bambi. I know that you would help me with anything. Right now I'm building up a triumphus feeling inside of you. Besides, have you forgotten that I constantly hit your face because you're my best friend?". He recieved skeptical looks. Lucky kept looking around and spotted the big slot machine. Shaking a bit he suggested: "Should we try poker first?". Koi looked at his watch and shrugged: "Sure, why not?".

Upside down Zigz sat on his bed and read a book: "You actually liked this?". Shark brushed Vincent van Goat: "Yes, the story is good and it is easy to read. The pictures make it easier". "Shark, this is a Barbie book for children", he noted. "So?", he puffed insulted. Not caring about that further Zigz put the book aside and got up: "I'll go take a look what the rest is up to". As he was leaving the room, Shark mumbled to his goat: "Not long, then we can revenge Olga... Whitefur will suffer and bleed...". With a worried face Zigz looked over his shoulder at the man who read a Barbie book just half an hour ago. Rather quickly he left the room.

In the corridor the door to Kiki's room was open. She was talking to Shota: "Thank you for taking Jurij to safety". Shota laughed ironically: "Exactly, I'm doing an important job. Some here wouldn't appreciate that". They noticed Zigz at the doorstep and Shota threw Shark's coat at him: "Oh yeah, here. It's done. You can give it back to him". Unwell Zigz reached the coat back to him: "Would you bring it to him yourself?". Shota rolled his eyes and brought the coat over, mumbling: "I've already sewn it. What am I, a maid?". Zigz entered Kiki's room and shut the door: "Are you alright? You usually only wear these old clothes when you're not feeling well". Kiki smiled lightly: "All the things you notice... No, I... I'm fine...". Worried he kneeled down in front of her: "Please don't lie". "Thank you for your commitment in the last fight, but please make sure that this time you'll stay unscathed", she sighed heavily. "I'm going to look out for your health more than mine, as always. But if you absolutely wish for it, then I at least won't run head first into every wall and enemy. I'll try to be smart and strategic", he laughed conciliatory.

It was getting late, many had left the casino. Koi shielded old aquaintances of Lucky often. Ilus ordered all of them to go to bed earlier that night. When Koi checked the time, it was bed time already. But Lucky hasn't won anything yet, any time sooner Koi didn't let him leave. After all, he had a plan. Very abruptly Koi dragged Lucky to one of the slot machines: "It's getting late. Let's see, how lucky you actually are". Reluctant Lucky sat in front of the machine and blanked at the colorful screen: "You sure...?". Koi looked at his watch once more and nodded: "I've got such a weird feeling. Shall I instruct you?". Anxious Lucky put the bet out and held his eyes closed as he put his hand on the lever. Guiding Koi grinned: "Not yet...". "You're making me nervous!", Koi was hissed at. One last time Koi looked at his watch and nodded then: "Now". Lucky pulled the lever, many loud sounds ringed and shortly after both positive and negative turmoil was heard. Unbelieving Lucky ripped his hands down and gaped at the screen. He jumped out of the seat and grabbed Koi's collar: "You're shitting me! You hacked into this, don't lie!". "Not this time. That was all your luck. You truly are Lucky", he smiled innocently and crossed his fingers underneath his suit.