Chapter 14

Ten minutes later, still waiting in the hallway. Because Miss Brat needed to go to the bathroom before leaving. But, for fucking God's sake, she was taking forever and I just really wanted to get out ! Because, now, all the adults were looking at me, like they were expecting something out of me. 

"What ?" I finally said. "I look like my father ? I know, no need to remind me." My Mom would have gave me a dark look if she had heard my words. But she was out of sigh. Everyone in the room gasped and I just stared at them, exasperated. 

Finally, that's the moment Elizabeth decided that she had piss enough, she joined us all, looking all "What did I miss ?" I just looked up to the sky and, after what felt like forever, was out in the wild. Well... As wild as Bradford can be. 

As we were walking to join the park, Brat-girl was only looking down to her nails, then placing back her hair. 

"Where are we going, anyway ?" She asked me, her voice was so noisy, I fucking wanted to slam her head on a wall.

"To see a friend of mine."

"You have friends ? You, the little tomboy ?" Damn, that girl really was getting on my nerves. I was kind of a tomboy, sometimes, but, really ? I just looked up to the sky, throwing my hands in my pocket. And I walked faster, because I wanted to see Zayn. And I fucking didn't wanted to stay alone with her, because who knows ? A fist in the jaw is always quick to happen.

...

Miss had been complaining the whole walk up to the park, only shutting up when we entered it. I instantly saw Zayn, a huge smile made its way up to my lips. God, I was becoming just as bratty as the brat next to me. Zayn smiled back at me, smile that faded away within seconds when he saw who was with me.

"That's him ?" Elizabeth said, disgustingly. Really, she was annoying the shit out of me. "You wanted to meet this... Jerk ?" 

Without having the time to say anything, words left Zayn's mouth. "Hi Elizabeth." Then he turned to me, his smile reappearing. "Alexis, it's been a while." 

Did I told you before that I couldn't control myself when it was coming to Zayn ? Like... I fucking wanted to throw myself under a bus after doing what I did. What did I do ? I walked up to him pretty quickly and hugged him really tight. So, as I was so near to him, I used it as an excuse to whisper in his ear. "You know her ?" I was sorry for him for having to know her. They probably were at the same school or something. Poor guy.

I finally walked away, trying to do as if hugging him hadn't woke something up inside of me. Trying to smile as if it was super natural and everything. He nodded as an answer to my question and his eyes told me how hurt he was about that. What, was she like... Treating him bad ? If so, I wanted to punch her even more. I mean... Who could want to hurt that guy ? He's so sweet, so emotional, so adorable... And kind of sexy. 

"Why do you even want to be there with... Him ?" Elizabeth threw me out of my thoughts. By the look on Zayn's face, I could feel that it was hurting him to hear her say that. "Can we just go back home ?"

"No, I want to be with him." I fired back, trying to sound as bitchy as her. I even did some of a duck face, totally failed, but that was the whole point. I walked up to Zayn, lacing my fingers with his. I just wanted to piss her off, even if that means to deal with that strange thing in my stomach. It was burning and boiling and... Was I... ? No, never. 

I slightly shook my head, before getting back to the present. I needed to stop thinking about this. "Show me the good places of this town." I asked him, smiling. And he did too. It was good to see, because his eyes were showing much more pain than they were when we met in the summer.