Chapter 15

"Euh..." I heard him say as I was getting into the dress. I waited for him to explain while, turning around in the changing room, trying to catch the zip of the dress to pull it up. "She's the girl I told you about after, you know..." I stopped to move - to breath, even - when the words left his mouth.

"Oh..." That's the only thing I found to say. What was that thing in my stomach, burning and wanting to get out ? Jealousy ? Nah, certainly not. I finally zipped the dress up and looked at myself in the mirror. I placed my hair correctly before stepping out of the room. I was smiling, because I didn't wanted him to know that what he had just said was getting in my mind. That it was playing with me fucking hard.

Zayn looked completely in adoration. His eyes were scrolling down my body, taking every glimpse he could get of it.

"So, what do you think ?" I asked while leaning against the door frame.

"It's made for you."

"I knew you would say that." By the look on his face wince the moment I came out of the room, it was sure that he was thinking that. And, for once, I agreed on that. It was fit on my body, showing my boobs in a sexy way, yet not a bitchy one. And the curves I hated so much were out of sigh. I laughed quietly and Zayn joined me. I was just about to go change myself back in my normal clothes when I turned around, giving him a look over my shoulder. "You'll come to my cousin's party tomorrow ? It's going to be boring without you." I don't fucking know why I said that. I was always saying weird things around him.

He didn't say a thing, his head just slowly moved up and down. I then started to smile and closed the door behind me. I leaned against it and looked at myself in the mirror. That wasn't me. I couldn't be that girl. The girl with the cheeky smile, the pink cheeks and the heart beating miles per hour. No, that just wasn't me. It couldn't be. For my own safety.

...

When I sneaked back into the house - from the basement window, I was fucking lucky it wasn't locked -, no one had notice that I had been gone the entire day. Because, after my shopping with Zayn, we stopped in a small coffee shop to get something to eat and then we separated our ways. I wandered around Bradford for a long time, only coming back to my father's sister's house when the sun was starting to get down.

And here I was, in the shower in the basement, trying to get some damn hot water. It was probably that fucking brat of Elizabeth that took it all. When I finally got that there was no way that I would end up with something else than ice, I cut the water and got out. Wrapping myself in a towel, I got out of the bathroom. Only to scream because I was half naked and my Mom was reading on the mattress. She looked up and I turned around to go back into the bathroom. Fucking hell, I had forgot that we were sharing a room for the week-end.

When I got out again, I made sure that the towel was well placed and I just walked up to my suitcase to get my pyjama out. But, this time, my Mom was nowhere to be found. So I just dropped the towel and changed myself in the middle of the room.

When I finally was dressed, I grabbed my phone and let myself fall on the mattress. I bounced once or twice before stopping to move. I had a message from Zayn and I hated myself for starting to smile. We spent a good part of the night chatting, before I fell asleep, my phone falling graciously on my face.

...

"Would you mind helping us, maybe ?" I looked up from my phone, where Louis was saying for the hundredth time that week-ends without me were boring as fuck. Elizabeth was looking at me, her arms full of Christmas lights. Like... What the fuck dude, we're only at the end of November ! Okay, I know it was because she wanted to have lights in her party, but not so much, but still.