Chapter 42

There was no fucking way I was focusing in class. I was way too excited for that. I thought about skipping school, but I knew I couldn't. I would be in so much trouble with Zayn's mom. It was the only reason I lasted until the very last ring of the day.

Zayn and I met at our lockers and, without even having to think about it, we started to run. Hand in hand, laughing, way too happy. I was feeling like flying. From time to time, he was stealing me a kiss, before going even faster. There was no words, just us. Us, love, adventure. Because that was where we were about to go. In adventure.

Our bags were ready, waiting for us in our rooms. We met back in the living room, Zayn wrote a quick note to his mother, and we were gone again. Our suitcases rolling behind us, we were fast-walking up to the terminus. Zayn was smiling like crazy and it warmed my heart to see him like that. He was so excited, he seemed so happy... The only sight of him made me feel like the happiest girl alive.

The bus was right on time, luckily for us. I don't think Zayn's nerves would have taking it if it would have been late. We took place at the back of the bus, side to side. I knew the ride would be long, so I put my head on my boyfriend's shoulder and closed my eyes. His arm wrapped itself around my waist and I smiled in pleasure.

Now, let me explain what was happening.

We were going to the X-Factor auditions. Zayn wanted to try them and I just couldn't sit back and wait in Bradford for the results.

I was about sure he would make it. I heard him sing quite a few times, when he thought I wasn't paying attention. And he had the voice of an angel. So soft, yet so strong at the same time. He was slowly humming the song he chose for his audition and it quietly drove me to sleep.

...

It's Zayn that woke me up, a while later. He was trying to go back to his seat, holding a plate with two cheeseburgers and fries in his hands. I realized that I was now laying on both of the seats. I whipped my eyes and sat back up, still a bit confused.

"Hey baby. Sorry for waking you up." He said, taking back his place next to the window.

"It's no worry." I grabbed to part of the food he was handing me, starting to eat. "Thanks."

As we were approaching Manchester, I felt him becoming more and more nervous. He was staring out the window, his hands playing with the empty package of his food. I made myself comfortable, putting my head on his knees. I think it helped him, because he threw the food package away and his fingers started to play in my hair. I smiled, because this felt just so fucking good. As I was about to fall asleep once again, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I took it out, to find out that Louis was texting me.

"Hey darling, when are you living Manchester ?"

"Right after Zayn's audition, why ?" Louis was never asking questions just to ask questions. There was always something beneath it.

"Fucking shit. I'm getting there the next morning."

I was about to ask him why the fuck he was coming to Manchester when my phone buzzed once again, answering my inner question.

"I'm trying for the X-Factor too. Hannah told me I should. So I'm just saying, why not ? The worst that can happen, is that I won't get through !"

"You're so getting through, Louis."

"I'll tell you the results :)"

"I sure hope you will ;)"

Even though Louis was trying to act like it was no big deal, that he didn't really wanted to get through, I knew he well enough to know that it wasn't true. In the last few texts he sent me, he hadn't said anything sexual or weird. He was almost acting normal. That was a cue of Louis' stress.