Chapter 4

We spent our whole afternoon hanging out at The Shack. It had always been like that, since I first came in that camping. Which was quite nice. It was like forgetting about the city life, because those guys have no idea of what I look like when I'm home. And it's better that way. 

I was just finishing my second cheeseburger when the old man in charge of the bingo passed us with his golf kart, screaming "BINGO IN FIFTEEN MINUTES ! BINGO IN FIFTEEN MINUTES !" over and over. It didn't take much more to Bingo to jump on his feet and to grab my arm. I almost fell on the ground, because... Damn, that guy couldn't contain his infatuation. He dragged me after him, he really looked like a kiddo. His hair were jumping with his every step and his smile was so huge that his dimples were showing.

"Damn it dude, slow down !" I said, because he clearly was going too fast for me. He slowed down a bit, but I'm not sure if it's because I asked or because we arrived in front of the marquee were the bingo was. By that time, I don't even know how Bingo was containing his enjoyment. He dragged me inside and I couldn't help but laugh because he was certainly looking like a child. He took two cards, one for each of us, and an handfull of tokens before leading me to the first table in front of the prize table. While seeing him almost jumping on his chair while I was just sitting there, a bit bored, waiting for the game to start, I actually thought : "Why the fuck did I went with him ?"

...

"B-7 !" 

"BINGO ! OH MY FUCKING GOD ALEX, THIS IS MY FIRST BINGO TONIGHT, ON THE LAST GAME, OH MY GOD, I WON ! IN YOU DAMN FACE BITCHEEES ! I WON THE BIG PRIZE ! " Yeah, Bingo had a bingo. He was making some weird dance move, throwing some middle fingers to the old ladies behind us. In fact, the night had been quite funny. I hadn't won, but Bingo did and he gave me the chess game. But I think that the last prize of the night was something more exciting than just a chess game. 

"Young man, please sit down and tell us your number." The leading man asked my friend - yeah, I was now considering him as my friend, because he had made me laugh so hard tonight - and Bingo seemed to remember that... Well, he wasn't alone in the world. 

"Oh, yeah, sorry sir. B7, I23, N40, G51 and O74."

"Everything's correct. Come to the front." It surely wasn't with an happy heart that the man said that. Bingo had been quite a jerk all night, but I found it fun. I had not laughed like that in a long time. 

Bingo came to the front, smiling like a child on Christmas Eve. The man gave him a huge bag and my friend opened it right away. And I couldn't believe that what was inside of it was really why he was so excited. But, by seeing the way he was holding the huge teddy bear, I could tell that it was. He brought it to his heart, like a little girl would do. And I laughed again.

...

"You guys are just jealous !"

Once again, we all started to laugh. It was passed midnight and Bingo and I joined the crew on the beach a while ago. They all laughed at Bingo, because he wouldn't let go of his teddy bear. 

Now, he was turning his back to us, laying on the sand with BearBear in his arms. Yeah, he even gave him a name. I'm not sure if that guy is really a teenager. Or maybe it's just the marijuana that was coming up to his head. Because we were all high, like... Really. And it was so fun. There was no alcohol that night, but I knew that it wouldn't last. Saturday night was usually the big night. And I knew that I would enjoy it. 

I crossed my arms behind my head and closed my eyes. It felt good. I could hear the sound of the waves, Bingo's snoring, Marcus' humming and Jenna's and Andy's kissing sound. I slowly drifted away, falling asleep. And, for once, I had a smile on my face. A real one. It was so fucking good to be back there, to be back at being that Alexis.

...

I grumbled, turning around and wrapping myself in a blanket I don't remember having with me. I slowly opened my eyes, trying no to have them burned by the sun. I was still on the beach and, right next to me, Andy and Jenna were sleeping in each other's arms. Right. Cute, you may say. If Andy wasn't drooling all over Jenna's hair. Anyway, their problem. I rolled over, just to see Bingo and BearBear. Sleeping tight. 

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, only to see Marcus, his two feet in the water. I threw the blanket on the two cutie lovers because... Young kids would come over soon and they don't need to see that. I got up and walked up to Marcus, not bothering if my shoes would get wet. It wouldn't be the first time. He turned his head to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I brushed it off, which only made him smile. He knew how I was with that kind of gesture, yet, he was always trying. 

"Have you slept at all ?" I asked Marcus, which made him laugh. Seriously, I never saw the guy with his eyes closed, except when he was blinking. I think he's a vampire. You know, with a special power like the ones in that new show, The Vampire Diaries. 

He didn't answer, he just smiled. "Glad I thought about the blanket ?" he simply asked.

"I should have known it was you." It was always him. He was doing this "I don't care" thing, but I know he does care. At least, he cares about us, about the crew. We're like a family, we have known each others since we were pretty young and, even thought we weren't telling each others our big stories, we were close. 

"I'm going back to my lot, good luck with those three" I said, pointing the sleeping part of the crew with my chin. "I'll see you later." He gave me a nod and I walked away. Yeah, I liked them but, as I said, we're like family. And I need time away from them, sometimes. 

...

I came back to my lot after stopping at The Shack to have some breakfast. It was always better than what my mom was doing. Way less healthy, but who cares about that anyway ? Donuts taste better than whole grain cereals with weird fruits. In fact, the only reason why I came back was because I needed a shower, and to change my clothes. So I did that, quite quickly. And I avoided my mom's questions about how the night had been yesterday and all that stuff. I shut close the door behind me, going straight to my shed. My hair were still wet, but I didn't give a damn. I don't get why some girls try to get pretty even when they're on camping. There's no point in that. Anyway. I jumped in my bed, laying my head on the pillow. And I tried to get my phone from my back pocket without changing my position. Yeah, it was quite a pretty cute moment. 

Once it was in my hand, I looked over the new text message I had received. And there was none. The only reason of that was probably because Louis was still grounded. I decided to text him anyway.

"You're working tonight ? If not, there's a party tonight ;)"

Louis always liked to come over here once or twice a year, to party with us. He always says that it's not the same as in town, and I have to agree with him. As I was waiting for his answer, I felt myself drifting away. Again. Yeah, summer was hard.

...

What woke me up that time ? My phone, buzzing in my hand. I don't even know how I managed to still have it here, and not lost somewhere in the blankets or on the floor. Louis' name was flashing on the screen and I quickly opened the message.

"Leaving town right away darling ;)"

I threw my fist in the air, smiling like a madwoman. I was so glad that he was coming over. I had miss him like fucking crazy when I was in that nut-house, even thought I would never say it. And I guess he had miss me too. But he was just like me. Not saying that kind of things. 

-----

I'm so bad with the updates, I'm so sorry ! I have one other complete, and I'm starting chapter 6 now... I will really try to update every friday, I swear I will ! xx