Chapter 36

I was back home from the park for just a few minutes when my mother called a "family night". I stopped right in the doorway, kind of shocked. We hadn't had one of those in a long time. Like... I think the last time was when my father was still with us. 

I wanted to argue that I didn't wanted to do that, that I was tired, anything really. But she was sitting so straight at the table, her plate in front of her and mine waiting at my place. So I just kept silent and sat in front of her. Something in her expression was freaking me out. 

"How was your day ?" She asked casually, right before taking her fork to eat some mashed potatoes.

I raised an eyebrow, like... Really ? She was really doing this ? I wanted to slap her.

"Just fucking spit it out." I told her, crossing my arms on my chest. 

"I... I just want a nice night with you, that's all." My mother answered, making the fakest shocked face ever. I just kept on staring at her and she became more and more nervous. "Alexis... It's just... There's something I need to tell you. Don't worry, it's nothing importante !" Her voice went in the highs and I was two fingers away from just leaving the damn table. 

She took a deep breath and cleaned her lips with a napkin. "It's just that... We'removingbacktoFrance." She quickly spoke. Quickly, but I still clearly understood what was going on. And no one could stop me from getting up and throwing my chair on the floor in the process. 

"NO FUCKING WAY ! I'M NOT LEAVING ENGLAND, ARE YOU FUCKING OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND ?" I was breathing heavily, my hands on the table to steady me. There's was no way I was going back to France. No fucking way.

"Well, you're not eighteen, so you have nothing to say. I've got promoted there, we're leaving in two weeks."

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS ! YOU FUCKING CAN'T !"

"Alexis..."

"SHUT UP !" And then, I just stormed out of the house. She couldn't do this. She just couldn't. And then I put words on that feeling that was getting bigger and bigger in my chest since the words had been said. 

Heartbreak.

I was leaving the country. I couldn't stay in a relationship with Zayn. It would just hurt us both too much. 

Tears escaped my eyes and I felt like screaming. Like dying. I walked for a moment, until I was all dried-up. Only then, I knew what I would do. 

It surely wasn't a good idea to go back there after all this time. 

But since when was I having good ideas anyway ?

...

I didn't even knocked on the door. I knew it would be unlocked. This house was a non-stop party. As soon as I entered, music came to my ears. And, when I got to the living room, I easily recognized the guys. They looked exactly the same as a few months ago.

"Hey, Alexis ! So, you're still alive ?" said one of them, Ben. I think he's the one owning the place, but I'm not really sure.

I didn't greeted him back, that was not why I was there. I grabbed money from my back pocket and handed it to him. "Just give me something." 

"Wo, no need to be harsh !" Ben said and everyone laughed. "Someone's needy in here !" The laughing only get louder to his words. He put the money in his pocket, before retreiving in it a bag of powder. It wasn't cocaine. Well, yes, there was cocaine, but not only that. It was a mix only Ben was doing.

"You know where the real party is." He told me and I nodded, grabbing the bag. 

Hell yeah that I knew where the real party was.