Chapter 31

My bedroom was such a boring place to hang out. My mother used her parental control for once, priving me from going out and have fun. So I was sequestrated in my bedroom, with fucking nothing to do. Luckily for me, my best friend is a super hero, so I just texting him that I was about to die from boredom and he quickly answered : "Coming. Be there in five" I just needed to hope it would be five minutes and not five hours. Louis could really do that.

Five minutes later, I heard a knock on my window and I got up from my bed to pull the curtain, reviling at the same time my best friend's face. I opened the window for him and he jumped inside. Falling with no grace at all on the floor.

"The man of the situation is here !" He almost screamed and I shushed him down, sticking my hand to his mouth. "What the -" but I cut the sound by pressing harder on his lips. I think I heard my Mom getting out of her room. And who the hell knows what she could do if she saw Louis in here ? If she forbids me from seeing him, that would fucking suck. Not that I would do it, but it would complicate my life a lot.

I heard her footsteps going away and, at the same moment, Louis licked my palm and I jerked away.

"Freak." I mumbled and he laughed.

"Said the one who told me hi by putting her hand to my mouth."

I looked up to the sky and went back in my bed. Louis climbed in next to me and we both sat on the mattress, our back leaning against the wall.

"I understand what you were saying. It's boring as fuck in here." He said after a few minutes of silence.

I simply nodded, before grabbing his phone. I unlocked it - quite easily, because the bad ass gave me the code a while ago - and went through the games. Yeap, I have none on my phone, it takes too much place and my memory card is almost full because of all the selfies Louis takes with it. I spotted Candy Crush on the second page and I started a game. I was almost done with the hardest level I had ever gotten to when my best friend got up and started to jump all around.

"What the fuck ?" I whispered as I was losing the game.

"I have an idea !"

"Oh my God, good news for you, now sit and calm down before your brain burns out."

He sticked his tongue out to me, before coming back to the bed. With my own phone in his hand.

"You. Texting. Zayn."

"No fucking way." There was no way I was dong this. No fucking way. He was in Ireland, I had seen him just a few days ago. I needed to be more independent, to be more like the old me. And I really was trying to not text him. And now, Louis was giving me the right - wait, no. He was pushing me to - text him.

"If you don't, I will. And who knows what I can say." His wink gave me no good hope so I took the phone from his hand and quickly type a short "Hey, I miss you. ;)" And I pressed send.

"There, I did it. Happy ?" I asked without hoping for an answer, but Louis nodded anyway. "He won't even answer, he's probably out with his family. He won't have ti-" and the picture of an envelope stopped my words.

"Hey, miss you more ;)"

I smiled. And Louis laughed. He laid back down on the mattress as my smile grew bigger and bigger with each second I spent looking to the screen.

"You're welcome !" Louis shouted, before whispering a small "sorry" due to the noise. I ignored him and sent something back to Zayn.

"Shhh x)" Yeap, so deep. But I just wanted his name to pop on my screen once again.

"Why are you 'shhhhhing' me ?"

"It's my way to tell you that you're a liar." My heart beat faster and I wanted for his reply. I could feel Louis' smile even though I wasn't giving him a look. My phone buzzed. My hands were almost shaking as I checked the new message. Oh my God, I was becoming such a girl !

"And if I tell you that I'll take you to the movies when I'll get back, am I still a liar ?"

I closed my eyes after reading those words, trying not to explode from the joy coming out of my chest. And really, I didn't wanted Louis to know how fucking girly I was becoming.

"If you buy me popcorn and a cola, then you aren't. :)"

"What is he saying ?" Louis asked me, but I had no intention of telling him. "Okay then, if I have to go with strength..." He sat back up and made its way up to me, chatouiller me until I burst out laughing and that he had the phone in his hands. "Oh my God, you totally have a date !"

"Shut up !" I screamed and I heard my Mom coming back in the hallway. We both froze, waiting without breathing for her to leave. In the main time, my phone buzzed once again in Louis' palm and I was just wishing I could take it back to read the text.

My mother left after what seemed like ages and it's only then that I took my phone back from my best friend.

"Deal, I'll buy you that."

Oh my God. I was totally having a date with Zayn Malik. But... What if he was only seeing it as a friendly date ? Like a 'I consider you as a sister' kind of date ? I needed to know.

"How's Ireland ? Any pretty Irish girl in there ?" So not subtle, but I think guys never get that kind of clue. If he was telling me yes, that would mean our date would only be a friendly one. And if he was saying no, then... Then I really needed to stop all of this over-thinking. It was even worst than Louis' over-speaking he was actually doing without me listening. An other text came in and I was totally freaked out as I read it.

"No, I've got someone else in mind." My heart broke. He was still thinking about Elizabrat. Fucking hell. I should have thought about it before getting all overjoyed about this hanging out date.

"Still thinking about Elizabeth ?"

"I'm over her... Someone else made me forget about her."

My heart crushed in my heart. And I had no clue on what to answer to that. He was liking someone. And that someone clearly wasn't me, otherwise, he wouldn't have told me, right ? Yeah, of course I'm right.

"Oh... She's a lucky girl..."

"She's perfect... Any ideas of how I could tell her ?" That's when my smile ended to fade away. And I think Louis saw it because he stopped babbling about whatever the fuck he was babbling about. Probably some sex shit, as always.

"Take her out on a date and kiss her in front of her door. I think girls like that, usually."

"Is everything alright, Alex ?" Louis asked and I nodded, only wishing I would have never started to talk to Zayn that night.

"Good advice, thanks Alexis !" Even in his text, I could see he was happy. Yeah, he was happy that I gave him the clue on how to get this girl he likes.

"Yeah, gotta go sleep." I simply typed that back and turned my phone off. Louis saw that something was wrong, because he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and let me hid my face on his chest. He didn't asked questions, but I was feeling so dumb. I had been wishing he would somehow like me, the not even messed-up me he knows. But he wasn't. The girl he was liking - and planning on telling her - was probably pretty, with big boobs and a nice ass. Probably some girl with no dark story to uncover and just a nice pretty life.

"If you start to cry, I'll have to beat his ass." Louis told me and it made me laugh sadly. "No, seriously Alex... If he makes you cry, it means he doesn't deserve you."

I wrapped my arms around Louis' waist and held him close to me.

Yes, that weird kid was often getting on my nerves - what am I saying, he was always on my nerves ! - but I knew in that moment that I would never love someone as much as I was loving him.

My protector, my best friend, my other half, my soul sister.

My Louis.

-----