Chapter 16

Waking up the next morning wasn't easy at all. My head was pounding, every sound seemed louder than it probably was. When I opened my eyes, I had a perfect view of Zayn, trying to put his boxer as quickly as possible. His hair were going in every possible direction, making him look so cute. A smile made its way up to my lips. I was so fucked, I realized once again. That younger boy with the cute cheeky smile and the deep brown eyes got me. And I knew there was no way out.

I yawned and continued to stare at him, my cheek laying on the pillow. Fuck, why was he leaving ?

"If you wouldn't be about to leave me alone in bed and living hours away, I would have asked you to be my fucking buddy." I don't know why I said that. In fact, yes, I do, but I just don't want to admit it. I don't want to admit that I would do anything to have him next to me. To have him touch me as softly as he did yesterday, to have him look at me the way he had the night before.

"And if you weren't my ex's cousin, I would have said yes." His words surprised me, in a good way. My smile grew even bigger.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, you could still stay tonight..." I suggested and I saw by the small grin that pass his face that it was tempting. I smiled, slightly biting my lip. He shook his head and I could see in his eyes how much he want to, though.

I realized I have feelings in that moment, because he had hurt them in that moment. But still, I kept on smiling, because that was the only thing that I thought on doing. Zayn was rushing all over the room to find his clothes and to put them back on quickly. It's only when he started to walk up to the door that I stopped him. "Where are you going ?"

"My house. I don't really want to see... You know ?"

Oh. Of course. That brat of Elizabeth. I wanted to be mad or something, but the way he said those words... He was looking so young and innocent. So I found myself laughing. And my heart started to beat faster.

"Let me walk you to the front door, at least." I told him, getting up in the main time.

"Okay, accepted." I looked up to his face and smiled. Fucking hell, he was so cute. Just by thinking that, I was screwing myself even more. I hated myself for that, but it was just too late.

I looked all around the room for something to wear. All of my clothes were downstairs, except from my dress but there was no way in hell that I would were something this uncomfortable this soon in the morning. Luckily, I found and oversized guy sweater on the floor and put it on. I didn't like the fact of wearing someone else's clothes, but that was just for a moment.

The sweater was falling almost down to my knees, perfectly fine with me. Zayn was waiting for me next to the door, his feet taping nervously the ground. Okay, he really didn't wanted to fall face to face with Elizabeth. So I smiled, hiding up once again that weird thing in my stomach, and we walked downstairs side to side. I resisted the need of kissing his lips when he got out, crossing my arms on my chest tightly. I closed the door and then let out of a breath I didn't knew I was holding. I was so screwed. I laid my back on the wall for a moment, before hearing voices coming up the driveway. ElizaBrat. Damn it. I quickly ran down to the basement, so lucky to find out that my Mom had been out all night. Okay, I now have pictures in my mind. So gross.

...

I went back to sleeping, because I clearly didn't get enough of that last night. But I soon was waked up by Elizabeth's screams. God, I hate that girl. I couldn't understand what she was saying, but I knew she was coming down. I was hearing her footsteps in the stairs. Holy shit. Down. As in the basement. I looked around, trying to find somewhere to hide. I stumbled down the mattress, running in the bathroom. I only had the time to lock before I heard her open the door. "ALEXIS ! WHERE ARE YOU, FUCKING BITCH ?" Wow, and she was expecting an answer to that ? Hell no.