Chapter 3

Louis dropped me at me house a bit before six in the morning, right when the sun was coming out, with soaked hair and a smile playing on my lips. I was still a bit drunk, but not so much. Still high, but not so much neither. 

"Have a good night, Alex" Louis kissed gently my cheek and I climbed out of his car. I made my way up to the door and it wasn't until I was inside of the house that I heard the engines of Louis' truck. He was always doing that, always waiting for me to be safe before leaving me. That's one of the so many reasons why I love him so much. 

I quietly closed the door behind me, really hoping that my mom would still be in bed. For once in my damn life, I was lucky. She wasn't in the kitchen when I came in to grab a bag of chips. Well, I wanted to do that, but there was none. I hadn't been living in there for a while and that was a clear sign. Anyway. I just headed upstairs then and found my room the same way I had left it last night. I fell on my bed, not even bothering to change my wet clothes - still wet because I had spent almost all night in the pool, only leaving it once or twice to get a refill. 

I heard my mom's bedroom door opens while drifting away, to sleep.

...

"Alexis ! Get out of your room ! We're leaving in ten minutes !"

That's how my mom woke me up. Well, she probably thought that I was already up, just staying in my room being a typical teenager. I whipped my eyes and quickly got up. I spent the first five minutes running all over my room, trying to find the sport bag I was using to put anything inside. Plain black, it was at the bottom of my wardrobe. After that, I was in such a rush that I didn't even look at what I was putting in it. Shorts, t-shirts and I hoped that I had some underwear as I was zipping the bag. 

"Alexis !" My mom screamed again. "We need to leave now !" Yeah mom, I fucking know. You just had to not wake me up only ten minutes before leaving. I had never been the type of girl to spend an hour to get ready, but still. If I had my bag to do, it was taking me more than ten minutes. 

I put the bag over my shoulder and walked up to the stairs. I dropped it and heard it falling until it reached the first level. "Go put that in the car while I finish to get ready !" I shouted while rushing back to my room. I slide my pants down my tights and put shorts instead. At the same time, I was putting my t-shirt away, replacing it with and tank top. I was running everywhere, trying not to forget a damn thing. But, being me, I was sure that I had forget something. But I knew my mom was getting tired of waiting for me, so I just rushed outside of the house and jumped on the passenger seat. 

"Finally ready ?" My mom asked me, turning her head to face me. 

"Sorry, 'was sleeping." I mumbled as I saw my mom doing that disgust look. I know I wasn't the best looking girl even when I was trying to. Let alone when I was just out of the bed. 

"Passed noon ?" She seemed surprised by that. I didn't add anything, I just wanted her to shut the fuck up and to turn the damn engines on. Which she did. And, when we left the driveway, I put my earphones on, ready for the two hours drive ahead of us. 

...

As soon as the car stopped, I opened the door and jumped out of it. Our lot was the same as I remembered it. All clean, no ashes in the fire pit, right on the side of the lake, a canoe in the water, our caravan right in place. And my shed still there. I grabbed my bag from the backseat and headed toward it. That shed was my place. My dad made it when I was younger and he said that it was my room when we were going here. In fact, I think he only wanted to fuck my mom without me hearing. And I don't mind. That shed is fucking awesome. 

The door opened without hesitation, like it always had. I turned the lights on, just to see that this was a place my mom hadn't touch. The bunk bed was there, even though the lower one wasn't used as a bed. I dropped my bag there and opened the curtains to have some fresh light. After spending months inside of that damn nut house, I needed the sun more than ever.