Chapter 28

Louis' car was waiting right in front of the entrance. I climbed in and closed the door behind me. I felt weird. Louis started the engines and we were off the road.

"Louis ?" I quietly whispered.

"Yeah ?"

"Could you... Drop me off at Bradford ? I think I'll stay there for a while." I had just decided that. I don't know why. It just... Felt right, I think. No, for real, I had no clue what the fuck I was going to do. I had no money, no clothes, no plan.

"No problem, darling." Louis said and I gave him a small smile before leaning my head against the window. And I looked at the highway in front of us.

...

I was alone. Louis had just left. He stayed in this motel room with me all night, just to make sure it was a not so bad place for me to stay. And he only left after making me swear that I would call him if anything happen to me. I almost had to throw him out of the place.

So here I am, alone, sitting on the bed, trying to know why the fuck I wanted to come here in the first place. Without thinking about it, I got up, put some shoes on and walked out of the room and in Bradford's streets. It was raining, a cold as fuck rain, but I couldn't care less.

Minutes - or hours, maybe - later, I found myself in front of a house, standing in the empty driveway. My clothes were soaked from the water falling from the sky, my wet hair were falling in my face even though I was pushing them back every two seconds. I stood there for a long time. This is were he used to live. This is were he did it. I took an other moment to let those informations sink in. Well, the moment was long enough for me to hear someone coming from behind me.

"Euh... 'Scuse me ?" I heard a young woman voice saying. "Can I help you with something ?"

I turned around and what I saw took my breath away. Damn it, she was looking like her brother even more than this summer. She clearly wasn't dressed for the season, with her jeans full of holes, her black t-shirt and a Varsity jacket covering her head.

"You must be Waliyha. I'm Alexis, a friend of Zayn." I introduced myself, trying to make myself somehow presentable in the pouring rain.

She forrowed her eyebrows, before making a surprised sound. "Oh, yeah. Do you want to come in ?" She asked as she was already heading to the door.

I followed and she unlocked the door, before stepping in. I did the same and I felt the warmth coming for all over and it's only then that I realized that I was fucking freezing. Waliyha put the jacket on a hanger and I saw that it was Zayn's one. She went in the kitchen and I followed her in. It was seriously becoming awkward when she put some water to boil and I was just standing in a corner, not knowing what to do. Silence stayed until she gave me a cup of tea and that we both sat at the kitchen table.

I took a first sip and... Fuck, it was hot as hell. But it helped me to stop shivering.

"What are you doing here ?" Waliyha asked me. "I thought you lived like... Far away."

"I do. But I... Wanted to help you guys."

"Help me, you want to say." She whispered and looked down to her tea as I raised my eyebrows. "Doniya moved out and my Mom's working so hard to pay for everything, she's almost never here."

It took my by surprised. I thought that I would arrive here with a whole family holding tight to each other. That's how they look like from the exterior. Maybe they weren't as close as I supposed.

I surprised myself by feeling protective over the young girl. I don't know why, maybe just because she was reminding me of her brother. And that I liked her brother quite a lot.