Chapter 43

We came back in Bradford yesterday – after a whole night of partying and celebrating – and... I need to say that Mama Malik wasn't quite happy with our little trip out of town. She didn't screamed like my mother would have, she just told us both to go to our rooms. She didn't seemed angry, just... disappointed. I think this was even worst.

She sent us both in our rooms and we found nothing to say against that. We were deserving it. I spent the whole day there, only getting out for a late night snack. I only grabbed a slice of bread and went back to the basement.

Now, I was sitting in the living room, waiting for Zayn to go to school. Waliyha left with a friend of hers, screaming at her brother that he needed to move his ass. She made me laugh by saying that. Waliyha was a girl with so much energy, always smiling, always happy. I was glad I had the chance to live with someone like her.

I was watching some cartoons – Spongebob was still and will always be my favorite TV show – when Trisha stepped inside the room.

"Alexis." She started and I looked up to her. "I would like to take Zayn to school. Just to the two of us."

I didn't needed much more to understand what she wanted. Some time alone with her son to talk about his bad behavior. I got up from the couch, grabbing my bag in the mean time.

"No worry. Walking is good for the health."

Zayn's mom smiled warmly as I got out of the house.

I didn't mind walking alone. I was able to feel the city, to really feel it. Well, until my phone started to ring. One look at the screen and I answered. Of course it would be him.

"You were supposed to give me news yesterday." I told him with a harsh tone, even though I was smiling.

"I'm sorryyyyy ! I swear I am !" Louis pleaded and I lost it. I started to laugh.

"You don't need to apologize Louis ! But tell me now ! How did it go ?"

"I'm in Alex ! I'm so fucking in ! I swear, when they told me yes, it was like stars shining in front of my eyes, it was the biggest booze in my whole life ! You don't understand Alexis, it was... Magic. So fucking magic. Like... Wow. They were right in front of me, waiting for me to go on... Do you realize ? Simon fucking Cowell was waiting for me ! I felt so powerful ! It was even stronger than coke, I never believed something like that could existe. It's just... So incredible."

I smiled so much my cheeks hurt. It was incredible. The feeling that was filling me was something I never thought I would experiment someday. That was why I was still here. Why my attempt to destroy my life never worked. That was why I was still there.

"I'm so proud of you, Lou."

My best friend kept on talking, about how stressful it was, how incredible the after party had been, how Hannah gave him the best sex ever in the toilet there, every single detail of his day. Even the ones I didn't wanted to know. He was like that, I could never change him even if I wanted to. I was the one who needed to end the call, because the first bell was ringing. Right before hanging up, I spoke a few words.

"You're going to do great Louis. So fucking great. I'm so proud of you, best friend."

...

I was still on my little cloud when I joined Zayn for lunch. He was already sitting on the floor in front of his locker. I leaned in, gently kissing his cheek before doing the same. I grabbed some food from my bag and started to eat. "How did it go with your Mom ?" I asked, because he wasn't saying a thing.

"Quite great actually. She's really proud of me. I think she just wished we would have told her before going to Manchester all alone."

"We're all proud of you Zayn. So fucking proud."

He looked over me, smiling. And the way he looked at me made my heart beat faster.

"I'm so glad you're in my life Alexis Dubois. I love you so much..."

And with that, our lips met and it was one of the most meaningful kisses we had.

...

The next day went pretty much normal. The only difference with the other normal days was that, because we were Tuesday, Zayn had a meeting with his psychologist. He never told me, but I knew he hated those sessions. He was never talking about them, even to me. It probably was just too hard. I knew the feeling.

But, even though he didn't wanted to talk about it, he hated to go alone. That was why I was waiting in a small coffee shop right across the street, a coffee in one hand and my phone in the other. I was on Facebook, going through my newsfeed – all boring stuff – when the door opened. I was quite surprised to see Zayn coming in that early. His session was on for just a few minutes already. He came right to me, letting himself fall on the chair across the table.

He was fucking pissed, everyone around could see it. I put my phone in my jacket, reaching for his hand right after.

"Want to go on a walk ?" I proposed and he jumped on his feet.

"Really good idea." He kept my hand in his as we made our way outside. I dropped my half finished coffee in a garbage can in my way out.

We weren't going somewhere, we were just wandering around town. Zayn was lost in his thoughts, looking down to the ground. Until we stopped in a small park. The weather was starting to get warmer, there was no more snow on the ground. But still, the grass was wet. Zayn sat on a (balançoire) and put his hands on my waist, so I was standing between his legs. I ran my fingers through his hair, combing them backwards. He was lost in his thoughts, they were bothering him so much.

"She doesn't think that I can do it."

It was the first time he was talking to me about his sessions. So I just stared right in his eyes and waited for him to say more.

"She thinks it's too early, that I'm too fragile for this. But I'm not and she doesn't understand that. She doesn't understand that I need to do it... For Safaa..." His eyes started to fill up with tears as he said that. He closed them and held me a bit closer. "She doesn't believe me when I say that I won't go back there, in the dark. That, even if I wanted to, I just can't. I have so much more to fight for. I can't give up anymore... Not with you around, Lex. You're much more than just my girlfriend and she doesn't get that. She thinks it's just some teenage bullshit. But I know it's not." My hand rested on his cheek and he looked right into my eyes, right into my soul. "You're my anchor, Alexis. You're the one keeping me tide up to the ground. You're much more than just my girlfriend. You're my other half, my soul mate, my fucking reason to be alive. You saved me in so many ways, I can't even count them. You were the missing piece of my heart. That's what no one else gets. That, as long as you're by my side, I can do anything. That you give me strength and that I'm never going to let you go. That we were made for each other, forever." He finished in a whispered. My heart stopped at his words, I had lost my breath. Everything he had just said was everything I was thinking deep down. He was my missing piece too, the only one who was truly making me happy. As he said himself, he was my anchor.

"Forever and even more."

"Way much more."

I smiled and kissed his lips with so much passion. My arms were wrapped around his shoulders, he was bringing me closer to him with every passing second. We were lost in each other, forgetting where we were, forgetting that there was a world outside the two of us. His fingers slowly made their way under my t-shirt, resting on my hips and making me shiver.

We were lost in our world, and it was the most beautiful place on Earth.

When I started to be out of breath, I backed up a bit, resting my forehead against his.

"You know what we have to do now ?"

He shook his head no and I smiled.

"Prove her wrong."

-----

They are so cute and so perfect and omg, I'm gonna marry them.

*I've been done with writing this story in ages, I just forgot to update it. Oups ?