Ch.24

Mark POV

It's been another week since Madam was put into a coma. Making Thick Light takes a lot of time and I don't know how long this will take. The others are at the club working on it as I drove over to the hero's agency for that small meeting I scheduled. I was a little late because I had to pick something up.

When I got there I was brought straight to Tara's office. When I got there Midoriya was already there.

"Sorry I'm late I was picking something up." I said walking up to her desk.

"There is no problem with that Mark. I was just listening to Midoriyas excuses." She said looking at him. Her brown eyes annoyed.

"Now I heard his part of the story. Mark how about you explain why Mrs. Madam needs a endless supply of Thick Light." She said crossing her arms.

"Yes ma'am. Madam needs a endless supply of Thick Light because seven years ago she was captured by villains. At the time she had a quirk given to her by the leader. The quirks name was Phoenix. It gave her large wings that grow from her back." Tara nodded already knowing all this.

"Do to the villains basically dissecting her and testing how wing support would work they missed up her spinal cord a bit but not enough to hurt her. A few weeks after she was attacked again and her wings was taken away and she fell to what everyone thought was her death." I explained and Midoriya sighed looking at the ground.

"To our knowledge Mrs. Tara we know different. She lived thanks to Thick Light and a expert Doctor who happened to also know engineering. The fall damaged most of her spinal cord was so damaged she couldn't walk, breathe, blink, talk, or move at all. Thanks to the doctor he made a artificial spine out of metal. Thick Light is the power source for it to work." I said glancing over to Midoriya who looked to be in shock.

"Now Mark tell me where Madam is now." I sighed looking at the floor.

"Last night at about 12 am her body ran out of Thick Light. Me and the guys rushed her to the hospital and she is now on life support until we can get more Thick Light. The doctor put her in a coma for now. She is scheduled to get a new spine while I'm working on everything." She hummed.

"Now Midoriya  you see exactly what you have done being petty?" She said.

"Yes ma'am." He said not looking at her.

"Out of the six years I have worked with her she has never betrayed me. Now we are putting Silvers case on hold. Your new mission is to help Mark make Thick Light. Now if Madam wakes up and decides to not help us anymore you will be fired off this mission completely and I will put someone else on it." She said and he nodded.

"You start now. You will leave here with Mark." She said and we both nodded and left.

We got into my car.

"So where to first?" Midoriya asked.

"To the hospital I need to check on her. Plus you get to see what exactly you did." I said starting the car. He didn't say anything back. I laughed as we pulled out into the road. I reached over and hit his shoulder.

"Your doing illegal work now hero!" I laughed and he didn't say anything.

At the hospital
Izuku POV

I quietly followed behind Mark in the hospital. When we got to her room I was scared to enter.

"Hey yo John we got a new recruit." Mark said walking in casually.

"No Mark you can't hire anyone Madam will be mad." The guy named John said.

"Oh no the hero's assigned him. Get in here." Mark said and I stepped in looking at the floor.