Chpt 1: King Dice

Soft humming can be heard, bouncing from the walls as the Manager of the Casino puts his purple suit on, carefully as to not get it wrinkled.
He puts on his white gloves and left his room with a final look at himself.

As he opened the doors, he was greeted with the scent of cards, booze, cigarettes, and heartaches. Oh, it never gets old. He walks across the place, greeting people as he passes by. Take a quick stop to observe some games before leaving "Hey King Dice~" A feminine voice teasingly called "Care for a drink?"  "Sit with us!" "Come now darlin' don't be shy~" Dice gave them a polite smile "Sorry ladies, still have work to do" He gently took her hand and kissed it "Maybe later doll~?" They giggled as he leaves, leaving the Ladies blushing, and drooling over him.

He met up with Mr. Wheezy and asked about when is the new shipment is gonna come "Well, it should be arrivin' around this time, I'd be checkin' it later" Dice nods his head, suddenly, the doors opened revealing Pip and Dot frantically said "Boss! There's fighting happenin' at the Casino pit, they're destroying the tables and we can't stop 'em!" Dice sighed 'I leave for one minute and this happens' He nods his head "Off I'll go then, and uh, Wheezy do you mind lookin' for Mangosteen? I cannot find him anywhere" Wheezy nods his head, huffing a breath of smoke after as Dice leaves.

"Gentlemen! What seems to be the problem here?" The man points his finger at the other "I caught him cheating!" "I did not do such a thing! Liar!" Dice pushed them away from each other before they fight again "Sir, cheating will not be tolerated" The man grew furious "I didn't–" Dice showed him a bag of hidden chips from the guy's pockets, His eyes widen as he saw Dice's eyes glow green, he started patting his suit, making sure its the one, once he realized that it was gone, he grew frantic "Confiscate all his winnings" He ordered Pip and Dot, they nod their head but before that, the guy shouted "No, please! I need this money! I need it!! My family relies on me!!" Dice was about to leave but stopped as he realized something "Say, Mr. Robert.. Since ya really need it, how about a bet?" Robert's eyes lit up and nod his head "It's a simple game of Blackjack, if ya win, I will give all your winnings back" Robert was feeling hopeful "..But if you lose, We'll take your soul. How 'bout that?" Dice gave him a hand to shake, which the man immediately did. Dice smiled "That's the spirit! Everyone! We have a challenger!" The crowd claps their hands and cheers, trying to win against King Dice is like a death wish, but hey, the guy is desperate. They sat down on a chair in front of a fancy Blackjack table, they waste no time and start the game. Dice started shuffling the cards, explaining the rules while doing so "First one to win 3 rounds, win!" They placed their bets, and the game begins.

Robert got his two cards, one is an ace of spade, and one is 5. That means, he has 16 in total, which means its safe to hit, but if it went over 21 its game over. But he's holding a good card, it's a good hand, and its safe to hit, right? Robert took a glance at the dealer in front of him, the dealer waiting for him to say something, but it's like his mouth went dry. This is nerve-wracking, everyone's eyes are on him, whispers filling up the room. Can he do this? Can he really beat him? What if he– "Relax sir.. we're just playin' a simple game, and games are supposed to be fun, right?" Dice gave him a reassuring smile, which made him relax a little. He's right, if he overthinks everything he'll mess it up. He hears the crowd saying something offending "Aw, c'mon now fellas, don't be mean! He's just a little nervous, thats all!" The crowd responded, overlapping each other's words, some giggling. Robert finally made a move, he scratches the table, mentioning him to give him another card which Dice did. The card that was given to him was a 3. You can hear the crowd going 'Oooh~' And Robert was relieved at what he got so he stand, he took a glance at Dice's open card, it was a number 8. After Robert stand, Dice revealed the hole card, it was a number 9. The crowd cheered for Robert for he has won one point! Only two more to go! Dice clapped his hands together "Bravo Mr. Robert! You're off to a good start!" He gave him a smirk. Now that he got the taste of victory, time to get a little serious.

A few minutes flew by and we got a tie breaker. So far, we got two points with each player, and they tied once. Seeing how far Robert has come, he started feeling proud. He has a clear mind and a clear strategy that might be a way to be sent home with his winning. He just have to win one more game. He has a number 5, and a number 10. He scratched the table, allowing him to have another card, he received a number 6, he gasped in surprise! The crowd gasped with him. He has 21 in total! He's going to win this! He took a look at Dice's card, he has a 10. But he has 21! He basically wins!! His heart was jumping in joy, he gets to keep all his winning, and he'll get to leave safely.. Give this money to his family, and he'll live a normal life from now on. But now, Dice just have to reveal his cards...

The anticipation of the crowd rising. Everyone is at the edge of their seats, excited to know what wil happen next.

Dice turned his card around, and it was an Ace of hearts. He has a Blackjack which means, he wins.

The man felt like his soul was going to leave, which will actually happen in a few minutes as his voice got muffled by the cheers and screams of the crowd. Dice got a perfect 21 card. But how.. Did he thought of everything? Did he cheated? Or is he just lucky?

Dice pretends to feel sympathy for him, placing a hand on his chest "Oh.. Im dearly sorry Mr. Robert.. You've come so far, but it seems like you lost." Snickers can be heard around them, as Robert felt nothing but regret, humiliation, and tears forming in his eyes "Follow me, Sir" Everyone started focusing on their game after they left, they continued drinking and gambling their life away.

When it was starting to get late, the casino went quiet, and the doors closed as one by one they leave. King Dice went into the Devil's office and knocked twice "Come in" he hears his voice. He opened the door, seeing the one and only, with a big cigar on his mouth, and reached his table, placing the collected soul contracts "Well, well, you've outdone yourself today, Dice" Dice proudly smiles "Heh, Today is a special occasion, boss" Devil raised an eyebrow "Oh? How so?" Dice took a look at one of the contracts, glowing gold signature that will forever stay on the parchment, he looked at his eyes before saying "Today is the day I gambled my soul to ya" Devil smirked at this "Hah! This calls for a celebration then!" With a snap of a finger, a bottle of Vodka appears on his table with two glasses that already have liquid in them. Devil grabbed them and gave them to Dice "Oh, But sir, tomorrow will be one of our busiest days, I can't afford to–" "Hey! loosen up will ya?" Devil shoves the glass towards him, Dice hesitated before taking it. Devil grins, remembering how long he's been working for him.

"Eighteen years huh? You're gettin' old Dice" He chuckled "Is that the reason why you're wearin' a glove all the time?" Dice shook his head "Nah boss, I just don't like my hand gettin' dirty" He looked at his glove, a small splash of blood is visible due to the fight earlier "And I ain't that old yet!" He said, feeling a little offended "But I do wonder how quick this Casino will fall if I ever do retire? Without me holding your hand all the time?" Devil scowls "Oh shut up! I can manage this Casino all by myself! Don't act so important" Dice took a sip of his drink "We'll see" The Devil rolled his eyes "Still cockier than ever" Dice suddenly remembered something "Hey boss, how 'bout we play a game?" Devil scoffed "Still think you have a chance against me?" Dice smirks "Are you forgetting who won last time, Sir? Or maybe you need a refresher?" Devil glares at him "Oh, don't let that small win fool you. I think you forgot who you're dealing with" Dice's smirk grew "Oh, I think I have~" He holds The Devil's glare "Alright, King Dice, I'll gladly remind you"

~~Time Skip, The Devil won.

_____
Eyy, so i have no idea what im writing- correct me if i wrote something wrong? i had to search up a lot of gambling and casino stuff, this is totally normal thing u see in my search history.

(drawing on top belongs to me and also the book cover! i wanted to write it in the story description, but didn't wanna ruin da vibe ) i hab Tumblr, check it out in my profile if u wanna. have a nice day :)