Chpt 17: Sleeping with the boss

"MR. KIINNGG!!"

The tiny imp screamed, looking petrified. How did it know where Dice was? "Why are you here?" The imp panted, tired from flying "B-Boss is o-on a rampage! W-We can't calm him down!" Dice clicked his tongue "My shift is over, imp. Im a manager, not his babysitter" His voice laced with annoyance "B-b-but Sir!! He'll burn down the whole Casino!" Dice frowns 'I literally just fixed that place. Way to ruin everything boss' He let out a heavy sigh and faced Amelia "Im really sorry to cut our date short, my dear, but I have to go" Amelia's eyelids lowered in disappointment "I understand, my King.. You can go now" Dice held her hands "I'll drive you home" She shook her head "No need" Dice insisted "No, it's dangerous" Amelia couldn't do anything but agree "Alright" The imp was sweating by every second that's wasted.

After he hurriedly drove her home, he went to the Casino, it was quiet. Quiet? He thought he was on a rampage? Burn marks can be seen on the floor, doors, and even the red carpet outside the office is burned "Did he leave his office?" He asked the imp who nervously shook his head "So you were exaggerating." He glared at him, before walking towards the door "No! H-He was really angry earlier! Maybe he calmed down..?" He rolled his eyes "What pissed him off this time?" The imp hides behind the door as Dice opens and enters it "Y-You did sir.."

He froze. How did he piss him off when he wasn't even there? He proceeds to walk toward him "Boss..?" Dice could see his horns, but Devil didn't turn around "What are you doing here? Don't you have somewhere else to be?" He sounds really miserable "I was called by-"

"Well, I don't need you. Now, Leave."

King Dice was startled by how his voice echoed through the halls. He saw him drinking a bottle of booze, made specifically for him. Dice didn't know what to say, it was like he forgot how to speak. He felt offended, and upset, but also scared. Scared that he means it "The imp said I made you mad, I apologize, but please tell me what I did" The devil stayed quiet "Please, sir.." Dice stepped closer to him, and closer, and closer until he was standing right beside him "..You left me alone.." He hears sniffles "Y-you couldn't even visit me! You left me because you think you're better than me! You ignored me because you've won the bet and you want me to admit it is that it?!" Hiccups soon emerge from the beast, his voice was a little slurred "Well you win!" Dice looked down in shame "..If... If that would help things go back to what they were, then you've won.." The devil wipes his face using his arm "Im.. sorry I made you feel this way, sir, I didn't mean for this to happen-" Suddenly, he received a hug "Just don't leave me alone. I don't care what you do, but don't forget to visit me, you're special to me Dice, I'll feel lonely without you.." Dice's eyes widen, a foreign feeling creeping upon his soul. He finally said it. He meant it. Dice felt appreciated, he felt proud, and he felt happy, and content. Dice hugged back "I won't ever leave you, sir, I promise you that" A smile crept on his face before he heard the sounds of vomiting. He froze in disgust. The devil flop down on his chair while Dice remove his coat "Uhh, well let's get you to bed, we'll uh, clean that tomorrow" He looked back at his boss, who was already asleep. He let out a sigh, and carry him to his bedroom.

He gently placed him down on his bed "Goodnight boss.." He was about to leave when he suddenly felt a tug on his sleeve, he heard him mumble something, but he couldn't understand it "Sir? Did you-" He got pulled by a strong hand and found himself stuck between the arms of his boss "What.. the.." His fuzzy arm was around his waist and his head was laying on his shoulders. A deep blush spread on his face because of how close they are, he could hear his heartbeat going fast in the quiet night '..What is this? Why is my heart beating so fast?' He felt some sort of rush, but it was different from when he gambles. He felt nervous, but comfortable at the same time. What's happening? Why are his feelings all mixed up? His hand gently plays with his fur. It was really soft and fluffy. But he can't be distracted, he has to leave, he doesn't think can sleep here. His boss might get angry when he wakes up. So he tried lifting his hands, but it was way too heavy, either because he is asleep, or he was just holding too tight. He tried wiggling out of the way, but that only caused Devil to hug him closer, wrapping his tail around him. His expression looks annoyed. Dice decided to stop moving and just let it be, he'll explain why he's here when he wakes up, surely he won't be mad at him for that. His eyes were starting to drop, and the comfort of his fur and the softness of his pillows lullabies him to sleep.

_______
potato made sketch for the hugging scene :>

_______potato made sketch for the hugging scene :>