Chpt 25: Special day

"My King!!" Amelia hugged him tight "My Amelia~" He hugs back "Have you heard about the news?" She happily chuckles as they were walking down the street "Indeed! It was quite a surprise! I admire Beatrice's acting, and Im so glad she's going to visit us next week!" Amelia said with a smile. Dice smiled back "I see why you'd be so excited, darling. I was working on some improvements for the Casino for the special day, and I still need a song to sing for them, do you have any suggestions?" Dice asked, letting go of her hand so she can unlock her house "Hmm, well, Olivia does like your singing.. Maybe singing her favorite song or making a new one might be nice!" Dice nods his head, as they walk inside her house. Olivia and Beatrice are best friends, known for their amazing singing and acting, Olivia also voice acts for a popular cartoon. And Olivia just happened to be a huge fan of Dice's music "I hope you don't mind me borrowing your table, I'll start workin' on that song today!" Amelia gave him a big smile "Not at all! Take anything you need" She answered, sitting down on her bed "Just don't overwork yourself, alright?" Dice stopped for a moment, remembering something– well, more like someone "Oh! of-.. of course! You don't have to worry about me, love" He sat down on a chair, beside a window. This place is a good place to write, the view is amazing and it's quiet. He prefers writing a song in a new, beautiful environment because it helps him concentrate and get a clear mind.

Dice carefully choose his words. He spent hours on that chair, scrapping and rephrasing some lines. He didn't notice the clock and it didn't bother him. When it comes to songwriting, Dice takes it extra seriously, but not forgetting to enjoy the process of making one of course. He wants to leave the audience in awe when he plays this new song, and they will be coming back for more. When Dice performs live in the Casino, the place would usually be jammed packed with people wanting to hear him, they love him. And Dice likes it. It's good for him, the Casino, and especially for his boss, who would always compliment him for making incredible music. Dice places his chin on his hand 'I can't wait to hear his compliments..' A small smile appears on his face. He got sidetracked and wrote a song about his boss instead. So far, this is what he wrote:

That old black magic has me in its spell
That old black magic that you weave so well~

Dice doesn't want to be direct in this song. He wants the listener to figure out what he means, a bit of a mystery of course.

I've got those icy, icy fingers up and down my spine

He remembers the feelings he felt when he touches him, the feelings he felt when he looks at him.

The same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine
That same old tingle I feel inside...

The sentence trails off with three dots, his eyes gazing to the side. Shaking his head to stop thinking about his boss and focus on what he was writing instead. He looked at the clock '1 am already?' He let out a sigh, feeling drowsy and tired from writing. He decided to sleep beside Amelia, he still has work to do tomorrow and he needs all the sleep he can get.

•••
Time flew by pretty fast. It is now the day everyone has been waiting for! The special day where celebrities come and gamble their gold away.

Dice and the crew greeted them with elegance, smiling at them and making them feel welcome. The celebrities excitedly rushed into the Casino, looking around and converting their gold into gambling chips and playing a game. The Devil appeared wearing proper clothing which Dice forced him to wear despite the demon's complaints. Dice thinks that his boss looks good wearing a suit, he tried his best to not stare at him while at work. The guests are really pleased and having a good time. They enjoyed the drinks and the special food just for them, they really feel appreciated. When it was time for Dice to perform, Olivia cannot help but feel excited once the orchestra started.

Hey folks here's the story 'bout Minnie the Moocher
She was a red hot hoocie coocher
She was the roughest toughest frail
But Minnie had a heart as big as a whale

Hi- dee- Hi- dee -Hi- dee- Ho!~

King Dice started to do his famous scatting, the crowd joins him with a huge smiles on their faces. It's been a long time now since Dice performed, and everyone miss hearing him on the stage.

She messed around with a bloke named Smokie
She loved him though he was cokey
He took her down to Chinatown
And showed her how to kick the gong around

The guests and the rest of the crowd join his singing, you can even see the Devil smirking proudly behind them.

She had a dream about the king of Sweden
He gave her things that she was needin'
He gave her a home built of gold and steel
A diamond car with the platinum wheels

Everyone was having an amazing time, dancing and singing to the music as Dice takes the spotlight on the stage. The crowd loves him, and he seriously adores it.

He gave her his townhouse and his racing horses
Each meal she ate was a dozen courses
Had a million dollars worth of nickels and dimes
She sat around and counted them all a million times

King Dice ended his song with a bow, a huge smile plastered on his face as the crowd went wild, clapping and cheering on him. Olivia ran up to him after he walks down the stage "Nice to finally meet you Mr. King Dice! You made such an amazing performance!!" Excitement can be heard in her voice, it's like she forgot how to stop talking "That was my favorite song! Im so happy I get to hear it live!" She was actually hearing and talking to The King Dice in real life?! It's like a dream come true! Dice smiled at her "Im glad you like it, Ms. Olivia! It's such an honor to perform for you~" He took her hand and gave it a gentle kiss, which made Olivia a blushing mess with how much of a gentleman he is.

While Dice was heading to his room to change from his outfit, his boss had the chance to congratulate him "Dice!! That was amazing!" He received a tight hug, which he happily accepted "Im glad you liked it sir" He smiled "You kiddin' me? I love it!! Everyone loves it too!" They pull away, the smiles on the faces never leaving "Im so proud of you, ya cube head!" He messily rubs his head, both chuckling happily.

The night fell and soon they all left. Piles of gold coins and money blinded the crew, this was probably one of the most money they earned in a day! Dice chuckles at the crew's surprise, but it was already closing time and they have to– well, close "Ey! Everyone really liked your performance Dice! Maybe you should do that more often?" Mr. Wheezy suggested with a huge smile "Maybe. But I gotta make the audience keep wantin' for more y'know? I don't want to perform too much" Wheezy nods his head, understanding his point "Now, get back to cleaning!"

___
oh? that went well.

..a little too well...