Chpt 32: Bad luck!

Exhausted. Dice dragged his own body back into the Casino. He had bad luck trying to find the earliest plane to catch, and a room to find to spend the night in because of the rain. He couldn't sleep, his mind constantly reminding him of his fight with his Boss. But now, he was finally back home.

He made sure he looked normal, before entering the cave. He saw Amelia surprised to see him, she ran towards him, hugging him tightly "Darling, you've been gone for so long.." He hugged back "I know Amelia, Im sorry I didn't have the chance to say goodbye first" She let go, placing her hand on his cheek.

"At least I get to say it."

Dice felt a stinging feeling on his cheek, his eyes widen "This is the last time you'll see me, you bastard." Amelia was angrily gripping her hand, tears streaming down her face, as she left him "Amelia.." Confused, tired, broken, and a little overwhelmed. Dice doesn't understand what the h3ll just happened, he just got home and today, he just wanted to go to sleep.

He placed a hand on his stinging cheek. When he got closer, some of the staff noticed him.
"Dice!"
"Eyy! Boss is back!"
"Enjoyed your little vacation?"
Wheezy, Chips and Pirouletta greeted him "Oh, I know that look" Pirouletta started "You're tired" Dice rubs his eyes "Oh, was it that obvious?" He weakly chuckled "Yes. And those bags under your eyes suggests that you did not sleep well" The others looked a little worried. Something happened. They don't know what, but Dice looks miserable, they arrived at a different time and the Devil looks pissed. They let him be and went back to their job.

Dice heads to his room. Flopping on his bed, not bother changing. He looked at his gloves. So much happened in one day, that he doesn't know what to feel. Maybe a little empty. He hears a knock on his door, he clears his throat "Im a little busy right now" Suddenly, the Devil himself appeared beside him. Dice quickly sat up, inching further from him "Ah!! Boss!" The boss has a frown on his face "Um, I.." He sat down next to him, awkward silence filled the air "I heard Amelia broke up with you" Dice hugged his knees, feeling tired "Oh.. yeah, she did.." The demon crossed his arms, trying to find words that could help him talk properly "And.. Im here because I wanted to apologize. I was.. insensitive" Dice weakly smiled "It's alright sir, Im sorry too.. I have always wanted to avoid my past, I wanted to forget about it, which is why I never told you" He looked at his glove "Wanna know why I wear this thing all the time?" He removes it, showing a large discoloration across his palm "I didn't want to see this, it reminds me of my dad.." The devil observed his hand carefully, getting even more upset each second 'His father did this to him? I'll burn him in h3ll! where the fck is he?!' He wanted to go look for him right now, but Dice needs him "I didn't want anyone to see this. It's horrible, I know.." He gently rubbed the scar "..This is also the same hand that killed my mother"

•••
I didn't know my parents that much, but I do know that my father was horrible. He has anger, gambling, and drinking issues. He takes it out on me. My mother though would try to hide me when she has a chance, she was caring and sweet. She wanted to show me that she cares for me. One night, Dad went home after a big loss on a gamble. He managed to gamble our money and all of our savings, as he was drinking and arguing with my mom, he saw me walking down the stairs and had an amazing suggestion "Why don't we just sell this piece of sht?! He's good for nothin' anyway!!" Of course I was upset. He started hurting Ma when she disagreed and fought for me "Have you lost your mind Luis?! He's our son!" Dad smashed his bottle on the wall "He's just a burden! Just a mouth to feed!! He doesn't do ANYTHING right and HE'S FCKING USELESS!!"
"Don't talk to him like that!!"
My mind blurred out their argument, I was horrified, staring at their expressions, they look like monsters. I snapped out of it once I felt a harsh tug on my arm "HE'S BETTER OFF DEAD!!"
"Luis! No! Let go of him!"
"Y-you're hurting me! L-let go! Pl-please, let me go!" The more I struggle the more angry he got, he pushes me to the ground and got his gun ready, but Mom fought back and grabbed his arm "Luis! Stop it!!" He slapped her away, and I tried fighting back. I really did. I pushed him away with the little strength I have to protect Mom, but he used his broken glass to stab my hand on the floor, cutting it as he slowly rip it open. I cried and kicked him where the sun don't shine, making him let go of the gun.

I hurry over and grabbed it with my bleeding hand and fired.

But ended up hitting my mother.

Her injured body hits the floor "MA!!" I scurry to her side "No.. no, no, no.. Im sorry I-I didn't mean to! I-Im so sorry Ma!!" I hugged her body, whispering "sorry" as my shaking hand hold her "Shh.. don't worry.. It was an accident.. I-It wasn't your f..fault" Her voice was soft and weak, as she tries to comfort me "..Never blame y-yourself, alright..?" Tears violently streamed down my face "Ma.. No.. don't leave me.. please.." But she only smiled at me "..I love you.. m..my lucky Dice.." She pressed her forehead to mine "Run.. as far as you can.. and live.. for me, please.."

Then she went limp.

"Wh..What have YOU DONE?!"
"D-Dad I-I didn't mean–"
"YOU MURDERER!!" He tightly grabbed my arm and threw me away. And me, being a small frail, flew and hit the ground. I feared that Dad would do the same thing to me. So, with fear in my heart, I ran away and left home. Like a coward.

I ended up in the streets. I thought that I would just die in a dark alley near the garbage where I belong, probably from hunger, or from guilt, but I remember my mother's final words. I manage to survive, pickpocketing, deceiving people, kneeling at other people's mercy. One that I was quite good about, was gambling. Since I was a little young, people underestimate me, making me win more.

I learned it from my Dad, and I was fascinated by it too, I just don't want to show my Mother as she would be upset. Years later, I survive, what a miracle. I try to find as much jobs I can have to live in a house and found a bar and started working there.

I managed to put my gambling skills to the test, I was getting better and better. I found hobbies and started to have a little gig at the bar and that's where it all started. Now, how did I end up at the Devil's Casino?

My confidence and status were high. I have money, respect, and people love me. I have everything. And yet, I felt.. empty. Then I heard, about a small island called Inkwell. The devil himself was there! Of course I wanted to see if he was, and maybe play a game or two! And I know he could grant any wish I want with a price.

So I traveled. Usually, I wasn't welcome in Casinos. People would give me such cold glares, expecting me to rob them because I was so great. But at the Devil's place, I was welcome, ironic, is it not? Maybe I do belong in h3ll. There was only Mr. Wheezy, Pirouletta, Chips, Pip, dot, Mangosteen and Phear leap there. They were cheering me on to defeat the Devil at some games and were curious about me. I spent some nights drinking and talking with the crew, and those few nights were the most fun I have ever had. So after playing some games with them, I challenged the big cheese last.

___
i hab a new phone :D