Chpt 5: Progress

"Well, ain't that a pip! Looks like you really put the kibosh on them debtors. You can head on over to the next isle. Plenty more marks for you to lean on there!" And with that, he disappeared by hoping down the whole on the ground "I wonder if I can drop down there..." The floor went back to normal "Guess we'll never know" "Cup, what are you thinking about?" He shook his head "Nothing!" They sat down for a bit, exhausted with all the fight they did. They noticed the song that's been playing on loop "Did he wrote a song about himself..?" Cuphead commented, "Maybe, but it sounds good" After a while, they started walking down the next Isle. It's nearly sunset, so they have to pick up the phase a little. While they were walking, Elder Kettle caught up to them "Guys, hang on! Thank stars I caught up with you! I believe I've found a way out of this mess you're in!" Cuphead cheered "Hot dawg! You have?!" A smile forms through his beard "Your strength is growing! You'll soon be a match for that no-good King Dice... and maybe even the Devil himself!" Mugs and Cup happily looked at each other "Golly, do you really think?" Kettle nods his head "I do! but you'll never get close to the Devil unless you already have those soul contracts in hand! only then will you get the chance to turn the tables on that fiend! so, when the time comes, do the right thing!" They starred at the list, and nod their heads, filled with determination. Kettle took his leave, waving farewell and wishing them good luck.

A KNOCKOUT!

It was nighttime, probably around 9 or so, Cuphead suggested sleeping for a bit before continuing, but Mugman is worrying about the deadline "But if we keep fighting everyone like this, we would be tired to fight the rest!" Cuphead said "B-But what if we ran out of time?! He might-" "Mugsy! Relax for a bit will ya? We'll start again around 7 in the morning, how 'bout that?" "No, 6!" Cuphead was about to oppose, but seeing how scared he looked, made him nod his head "Okay, alright. Can we go to sleep now?" Mugman eased a little, they laid down on the grass, near a big tree, starring at the stars shining above them "Hey Mugs?" He hummed in response "You remember when we were little and we saw Elder kettle sleeping outside, and we tried waking him up but we couldn't so we slept beside him?" Mugman smiles at the memory "Haha, I remember that.. When we woke up, we were in our room so we thought it was a dream" Cuphead gently smiles "I thought we can teleport" He looked at the stars above him, they felt relaxed, as they slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~Meanwhile, at the Casino~~

It was nearly time to close down, customers started leaving until no one was left. Dice and the others were cleaning up, restocking, and locking the Casino. After doing so, he went outside for a bit, lighting up a cigar, he was walking towards the cave's entrance when he saw someone else there. A feminine figure leaning on a wall with a big hat covering half of her face, with a long elegant cigarette holder in her mouth. Dice decided to stand beside her, leaning on the wall near her "So it's true? The famous King Dice does smoke" Dice huffed a smoke before talking, recognizing her voice "No one should've, maybe you can keep this secret between us?" She chuckled "Oh but I simply can't, I must spread the news to everyone, how will you stop me?" Dice grinned "I can buy you whatever you want, Sugar, just name it" She act as though she was trying to think "Hmm, I'll think about it but for now..." She stepped into the light, lifting her hat a little "You owe me a date"