Chpt 55: Numb

Blurry light blinded his very eyes.
Mixtures of cacophony screams in his ears. It was irritating. Dying souls, screams of the patients, and the cold embrace of death. His body felt numb.

• • •

It has been 3 days since King Dice was sent to the hospital. He was found unconscious near a door of an old, abandoned building, with a group of people and another Die headed man laying on the floor. They soon found out that it was the father of King Dice, dead.

The casino's manager had a broken rib, deep cuts around the arm, and a bleeding head, he also has a gunshot wound near his right shoulder. He has rushed to the hospital after.

It was quiet. Too quiet that it scares even the ruler of hell. Time moves painfully slow so much that you can feel each second, minute, and hour passing while the demon sits patiently beside his lover. The Devil's empty eyes landed on the unmoving man on the bed. Gently rubbing his hand. He has never cried so much before.

When he found him bleeding, damaged his breathing was shallow, it was like his whole world had gone black. For the past three days, he cried. Weeping over the thought of losing him. Life without him would be hell itself.

To be in love with a mortal was a mistake. An accident waiting to explode. For a demon like him doesn't deserve Dice's ethereal beauty. The mortal does not deserve the suffering he experienced and the Devil realized that too late. He realized being that two opposite beings falling in love was an act against all the rules.

It was painful to imagine... Being attached to a mortal, wanting to spend eternity with them, cherishing a love that Devil could never have felt without him, only to be forcefully taken away from his embrace.

King Dice is a mortal.
His life has an ending.

Tears began filling his eyes. But for the past 3 days he already cried his black heart out, he does not have the energy to do it again. It felt like he has mourned for someone who is still alive.

He's still alive.
He will live.
He will.. Right..?

The devil was stuck in his thoughts. A condensed dark sea that feels asphyxiating and tiring to climb out from. He has never once left Dice's side, not a minute, not a second did he let go of his hands. If he did, he fears he'll never wake up again.

Memories of him flashed in his mind. For his sanity's sake, he lets himself indulge in it, reliving it. A pathetic way to help him escape the dying mortal laying on his deathbed.

He was filled with regret. He wished he could have spent their time together wisely. He wished he avoided fights with him. He wished he could have stayed every possible second with him.

'And I promised you, didn't I? I swore to never leave your side, and I plan on fulfilling that promise'

Dice's words echoes in his mind. His beautiful voice. No angel who sang can ever compete with his voice, his beauty. So much so that the heavens above would be jealous, knowing they can never be as perfect as him.

"..You promised me.. Dice..." His voice broke, rough it was unstable "Y..You promised.. So please.. Wake up.." Devil cupped his lover's soft cheeks, tear drops falling on his fragile face "..Wake up, darling.. D-..Don't leave me.. Please.." Furrowing his eyebrows, he wipes the fallen tears off of Dice's face.

"..Please wake up already.."

'If there's something troubling you, you know I'm here, right?'

"Don't leave me.."

'In a spin, ooh and I'm loving that spin that I'm in. That old black magic called.. Love~'

"I..I love you, Dice.."

'I love you more!~"

Suddenly, Dice's heartbeat has gone disturbingly slow.

• • •
Ya, its a cliffhanger >:D