Chpt 12: Sick

"So you actually save him from the train?"
*Sigh* "Boss please."
"Im just making sure it was you!"
"You asked me that five times this morning"
"I just can't believe it! After working with you for the past years I still feel like you're a complete stranger!"
The die neatly stacked the papers on the table, not making a comment about that. Suddenly, a cough forced its way through, no matter how he tries to keep it. They both ignored it, the Devil mumbling: "Didn't know you had a soft spot for kids" Dice remembered a die flashing back in his mind, hugging their knees, below a tree, crying alone. He shook his head "There. All clean, I have to go now" It's like the world is spinning quickly, he closed his eyes for a second while holding his head in pain "..Dice?" He shook his hand "Im fine boss" He tries to walk, his eyes squinting, trying to focus on the floor "You're walking like an old geezer" He frowns, he felt his presence getting closer "Hey" He let out a few coughs "If you're not feeling well, you can take a break" He let out a sigh "There's just so much stuff to do boss.." "But you cant overwork yourself to death, take a break, that's an order" Dice nods his head, going to leave.

He flops down on his bed, letting out a long, heavy sigh. He looked up at the white ceiling while tiredly removing his ribbon and unbuttoning a few buttons of his clothes. His body felt like it was burning, as well as his eyes. His nose was running and overall he felt like crap. The cold wet towel on his forehead was, for some reason, annoying him. He closed his eyes but heard someone knocking on the door "King..?" He recognized her voice, so he let her in. Her worried eyes landed on him "Oh dear, I knew this would happen.." He sat up, seeing her approaching "Boss allowed me to take a break, I'll be fine.." She took his hand, placing another hand on his cheek "Well luckily Im here, so let me take care of you" Dice smiled "You're the best" She chuckles.

"Oh sh1t, seems like Im ruining something"

The couple looked at who was talking to the Devil himself "It's alright boss" Dice sat up "Need something?" The man walked up to his desk, taking the stack of papers "No, Im just here to take these.." His eyes landed on the lady sitting beside Dice "And who's this?" She stood up, bowing down "Oh, pardon my manners, my name is Amelia"

(mah dudes, i needed a girl, and i realized that there ain't many girls in the game (that isn't runaway debtor) so i decided to make one for da story [also, i know i can use pirouletta but decided against it)

Dice was smugly smirking behind her as he took his hand "My girlfriend, sir" The Devil glared at him, knowing full well that he is making fun of him and rubbing it on his face that he already has someone, and might win the bet. He scoffed "Another one? What happened to the girl you were being lovey-dovey with earlier?" He lied, the woman sat down, looking confused "Oh, maybe I said too much" Dice glared at him, knowing full well what he is trying to do "Well anyway, I told you to take a break, not someone's virginity" He started walking away carrying a stack of papers "Sleep or go back to work, savvy?" Not bothering to close the doors. Amelia glared at Dice "Being lovey-dovey with someone hmm?" Dice let out a few coughs "He was just playing with you darling" "Like how you're playing me?" There was a moment of silence between them.

Then suddenly, laughter filled the room. The Demon outside frowns upon hearing this, he was eavesdropping the whole time "I don't think that sentence made sense haha!!" "Pfft-Haha!! Aw! you're hilarious!" She hugged his side, giggling "Hehe! Im so lucky to have you" Dice hugged back "Im lucky to have you" The eavesdropper let out a frustrated sigh and left. Dice, knowing that he was listening, proudly smirked. This distracted him from the fact that- "ACHOO!" ..that he was sick.