Chpt 10: Recovering

His eyes flutter open, the bright rays of sunshine momentarily blinding him. His body recovering from what had happened, he attempts to sit up, but a gentle hand stops him "Where do you think you're going?" Dice took her hands "I just needed a drink.. And plus, I have to check on the staff" The woman sighed "Alright, But don't exhaust yourself.." Dice gently smiled at her "I'll be fine darling" She worriedly nods her head "Oh, and how long was I out?" She put a finger on her chin "For about... 9 hours or so"

Dice walked downstairs, with the Dame by his side, finding that the staff started to get to work already. He asked everyone if they are okay, and that they can rest for a bit if not. Most of them are alright, and Mr. Wheezy told him that they closed the Casino for today. Dice nodded his head, he lowered his voice before asking "..And boss?" Wheezy heavily sighed "He locked himself up in his office, refusing to leave" Dice frowns, nodding his head "I'll check on him later, cleaning this Casino right now is a top priority" The woman frowns on this "King, you can't work under such condition" Her voice laced with worry "I'll be fine, I'll stop if I ever feel tired" She pouts a little. Dice gently placed his forehead on her's "I promise" He gently kissed her nose, which made her relax a little "..Alright, I'll wait for you King" She let go and walk away, leaving the Casino "Ooh~ Boss, who was she?" Chip asked, his eyes not leaving the doors that she exits "My girlfriend" Chip laughed a little "Another one?" "How long will it last this time? A couple of hours?" Wheezy chuckled "Oh but this one is different! I think she's far more interesting than the others" Dice replied. Of course, the staff is aware of his failed love life, they saw him with a bunch of different girls these past years of working with him, none of them really last long though "We'll pretend that we haven't heard of that exact line in the past years" Pip said, everyone, nodding their heads in agreement, Dice sighed "Whatever, get back to cleaning!"

The cleaning took them the whole day. They removed the curtains, threw away the broken table where he fought those cups, the cracked tiles, and some of the booze that got broken. They cleaned the floors and walls, to make them extra shiny. After that hard work, they all stood in front of the main doors to the Casino to have a look, proud of themselves "We'll make the Casino look even better tomorrow, for now, everyone take a rest, you all deserve it" Dice was also thinking about adding something to improve the look of it.

Quiet footsteps echo through the halls as he makes his way to his office. He knocks twice on the huge double doors, laced with gold on the side "Boss, it's me" The doors open slowly, revealing a room full of mess. The fires from the fight earlier are gone, leaving the ashes of the burnt contracts on the floor. He walks towards his table, seeing his back turned "This is your fault" he hears quiet sniffles "Oh great. Blame it on your good for nothing lackey, that's a good idea" The Devil kicks the floor "You got beaten by a bunch of stupid kids!!" Dice sat down on the table, drinking the glass he has "And you didn't?" Devil growls in frustration "Look, we both got beaten up and humiliated today, but you can't blame it on me! I tried to warn you" He crosses his arms, upset that he was right "Just take a rest, no point in gettin' angry now, I'll clean this mess tomorrow," He noticed he didn't move, only hearing sniffles and small hiccups. He let out a sigh, moving to sit down beside him, he placed his hand on his back, rubbing it gently "Traitors! All of them!!" Devil cries, burying his face on Dice's chest while he tries his best to give him comfort. No one could've guessed that the ruler of h3ll can be emotional "E-Everything is ruined!! My reputation! My casino! I- *hic* h-hate those stupid cups!!" Dice gave him a gentle hug "Hey now, we'll rebuild the casino again, we'll make it better than it was before.. And we'll make people from all around the world gamble their souls, just like you wanted" He gently pets his head "We'll make everything better" Devil wipes his tears away using his hand "Y-You promise?" This made him feel like he is talking to a little kid, which was kinda cute according to Dice "I promise boss, now go to sleep, we have a long day tomorrow"

Weeks have passed after the incident. The Devil himself and his lackey were defeated by a bunch of fragile cups and the runaway debtors, got away with their souls free, rumors from all over the world spread like wildfire.

"How embarrassing"
"They got out of their debt?"
"That was easy!"
"No wonder why they're closed for a while now"
"Do you think the Devil got weak after all these years?"
"He talks big for someone who got defeated by kids, HAH!"
"Hey, I think he's still powerful, I heard the kids almost died! They escaped and tried, again and again. He ain't an easy enemy"
"Oh yeah? I bet I can get away with my contract too!"
"I bet I can defeat them both in gamblin' "
"How will you do that?"
"Oh c'mon! King Dice uses his eyes to cheat right? If I make a deal to not use it, maybe I can win!"
"What if you don't?"
"I'll just run away of course! And burn the contracts myself! They have a lot on their plate right now, so I say we gamble while they are at their weakest state!"
"I agree! I have this one wish that Im sure he'll be able to grant!"
"It looks like they're behind the eight ball huh?"
"Heya, folks! I think the Casino is goin' ta be open tomorrow!"
"Get a load of this!"
"I can't wait to go back to that place"

Their reputation might change, but the desire of a mortal and their arrogance is far more superior.