Chpt 39: Love me I say

The cube man stared wide-eyed at the pretty butterfly "It's been a while, King Dice.." She walks near him, sitting down beside him "Amelia.." She crossed her legs, watching one of the butterflies land on her finger "It's so peaceful right now.. So quiet.. It's like it's only the two of us left in this world." Dice remember her saying this as they walk down the street, holding her hands tight as he reflects on his feelings "Indeed it is. Just the two of us.." He repeats what he said last time. Silence lingers for a bit as the dried leaves danced together with the cold wind.

"Why didn't you come back..?" Amelia started "..You were the one who left me" He replied, "You ran away and I never got to ask why you were so upset." Amelia looked away "Tch." She furrowed her eyebrows "Stop pretending! You let me go that easily, Dice! The moment I left was like a relief to you!!" Amelia curled her hand into a fist "You didn't look for me! You never even told me you love me! You couldn't say it! As if it was SUCH a sin! It just proves even more that YOU never cared about me!!" She yells, letting out all of her anger and dismay "It was an empty relationship. I noticed that from the start.. I wasn't stupid.." Tears started forming in her eyes "But I stayed because I love you.. but I was just one of your toys, wasn't I?"

Dice knows what he has done and so are the consequences. He used her, and what's worse is he couldn't care less. He knows he should, after all, what kind of guy he'd be if he didn't? Using other people for his own benefit? A con man, that's what it's called. But Dice was used to it, bending other people for his own desires. He's alive through that, so what's another fool in his life?

"Did you ever really love me..?"

Amelia's voice was gentle, broken. She knew the answer already, but she just wants to hear it coming from him, the truth coming out of his mouth "..I never did, Amelia.. I'm sorry." Dice looked away "I was confused, and upset at that time, I had something to prove. So I used you, a kind woman with a gullible mind" He saw her tears pour slowly down her cheeks "You were the perfect tool, I knew you'd agree to anything I'd say... But that was it. I never felt a connection.. I never felt loved" Amelia wipes her eyes "Why?! I gave you everything!! I-I was there when you need me! I did e-everything I can for you!!" She asks, her eyes begging for an answer "It's not your fault, Amelia.. Don't blame yourself.." Dice grabbed a small handkerchief from his pocket, offering it to her "I just wasn't in love with you" She offered, enjoying his scent as if it were the last day she'll ever see him.

Amelia cried into the small towel, wiping her tears away. Why doesn't he love her? What did she do wrong? What was she lacking? She just wants to be with him, is that too much to ask?

She looked up at his face "..Then who?" she sobs "Who are you in love with..?" Dice felt reluctant to answer "Don't I deserve to know at least..?" He let out a sigh "I-...I'm in love with.. my Boss.." Amelia sadly chuckles a little as she wipes her tears "I knew it.. I knew there was something weird about how you act around him.." She sadly smiles, as she leans on his shoulder "I'm glad.. I hope he gives you what you truly want.." Dice was a little surprised that she didn't make a ruckus. Amelia really has a kind soul, doesn't she?

Amelia stood up, looked into his eyes, and whispered "Yevin ert laith espell, lertan evd feim. Arsh eh lovill er chercyt ailn evalue czek.."

Then she pulls him into a kiss.

Dice's eyes widen and immediately pulled away. Suddenly, the world started spinning, his heart felt heavy, and his body felt numb. Dice tried to walk away from her, seeing an evil grin on her face but fell due to what was happening to him. He felt confused and sick, and that was when he hears Amelia chuckle "It will be over soon darling.. I won't let him take you away from me~"

____
Eyooo

____ Eyooo

i really like how she looks so innocent (art by me :)

(art by me :)