Chpt 14: Back to work!

The Die put on a nice suit. He woke up early and ready. The doors of the Casino opened. In a few hours, the place was full of people ready to gamble away "Welcome back boss" Mr. Wheezy nudged his elbow, giving him a piece of paper with a list of packages. They were talking quietly when the front door opened, revealing Amelia. They locked eyes for a moment, both didn't know what to do, or how to greet the other. Amelia decided to give him a little wave and a small (but awkward) smile making Dice smile as well, giving her a nod. She continued walking to grab a seat. Wheezy looked at the girl, then back at Dice, and shook his head "I smell break up~" He said in a sing-song tone, Dice frowns at this "I can smell your disgusting breath." He rudely took the paper off of his hands, giving him an annoyed glare. The cigar snickered as he saw the manager walking away "Well gee, Someone's sensitive today–"  "Shut up."

He made his way to the Devil's office. Knocking on the huge golden doors "Boss? It's me" The doors opened once he got a response "Well, Look who's back from the grave," The Devil said, not even bothering to lift his eyes to see him, focusing on what he's writing. Dice reached for a folder on the shelves, putting the paper between the pages "Good to see you too boss" he replied, his boss closed a book after reading it, giving it to dice "I've been observing the slot machines lately and noticed that mortals hardly ever play them" He placed his hand on his chin, Dice let out a sigh, "I told you we shouldn't have rigged the machines, we should at least give them some chance of winnin' " The boss rolled his eyes "The higher chance of them winning will also give us the chance of losing a lot of cash! Im loaded but I can't just keep giving money to 'em!" He exclaimed, continuing the paperwork. Dice decided to take a seat "How 'bout this.. The higher they aim, the harder it'll be to reach the goal" The devil stopped writing, his attention shifting to his right-hand man. With this reaction, he continued "If one bets a small amount, we'll increase their chance a bit, to receive it back, but if they gambled higher..." He trailed off, leaving him to figure out what's next "..The lower their chances of winning and get tempted to bet more! That's a genius plan!" Dice smiled proudly "Of course, it is" He stood up, taking the book with him "Well I'll be taking my leave now, I've got a lot of work to catch up on" The boss shook his head "Just don't overwork yourself again" Dice chuckled "Aww, boss actually cares about his employees?" Devil rolled his eyes "Leave already asshole" Throwing a crumpled paper at him, the paper flew so fast that Dice didn't have the chance to react, and hit him on his forehead. He grumbled, seeing his stupid evil grin, he rub his forehead gently and quickly left. But not after quickly throwing a small die at him. His boss caught it though, but Dice was already gone before he could scold him or something. The devil quietly chuckled to himself, playing with the small die, rolling it around. He placed it on his desk, amused that he even tried to fight back against someone who could kill him in a blink of an eye. But why would he do that? He will be the one who ends up losing something greater.

The manager passed by the slot machines, his eyes landing on someone playing it. He curiously approached him, seeing the man struggling with something "Excuse me, sir, is there something wrong?" The man looked up with a frown on his face, but upon seeing the manager, his face slightly lit up "Oh, It's.. nothing really" He started playing with a penny in his hands "Please sir if anything is troubling you I would gladly help out!" The man seems to be in thought "Well.. You see, I've been playing with these machines for a long time now, and never once do I win any sort of prize!" The man slouched on his chair "Oh, I see. How much do you usually bet?"  "Ehh.. around 20 or so" He can tell he's lying "And how much do you still have?" The man thinks for a while "..about 3,000" Dice pretends to think for a while, and the man continues to talk "Say, King Dice.. Do you usually play with these machines?" Dice nods his head "Of course I do! Watching the reels roll gives me such a rush!" The man suddenly exclaimed "Yeah! I feel the same damn thing! But playing it for a long time and not winning anything? discourage me by a lot" Dice leans in a little "Hmm, do you want to know a secret sir?" The man blushes at how close they are and nervously nods his head "I win these games by gambling everything I got" His eyes widen as the manager pulls away "What? Really?!" Dice nods his head "Of course! Higher stakes unlock more possibilities than lower ones" The man looked at the symbols in front of him. He can trust him, right? He is King Dice after all! The greatest gambler of all time! Surely this trick could work "Aww, c'mon sir, would I ever lie to you?" The man made up his mind "I'll bet with a thousand first.." Dice was a little disappointed "I see, playing it safe hm?" The symbols started rolling fast. The first stopping with a symbol of a yellow bell. The second reel stopped, showing another yellow bell. The man's hopes are getting high, as well as the feeling of rush flowing through his veins. The last reel stopped, showing a symbol of another bell. Three bells! He is staring at three bells in front of him! It's a win! He looked at the money he'll receive from this combination of symbols. The RTP% (return to player%) is not bad! He happily took all his winnings with a huge smile plastered on his face "King Dice! It worked! You're a genius!!" Dice snickers "Of course! I wouldn't lie to a loyal customer!" After he finished collecting his winnings, Dice pointed to another slot that offers bigger wins "Now sir, care to test this trick on that one? It offers much bigger prizes!" The man excitedly goes to the next one "Of course! I'll bet everything I have on it!"  "..Everything?"  "Yeah!"  "That's the spirit! I admire your enthusiasm, sir!" The man inserted his money into the slot "Oh! I have an idea!" Dice showed him a stack of dollar bills "This is 20,000. If you win, you can take this as a second reward!" The man was blinded by the money "You're serious?!" He nods his head "Dead. Serious. Anything for a loyal customer!" His change of tone at the beginning made him a little nervous "But if you lose, we'll take your soul, deal?" He offers him a hand to shake. The man thought for a bit, looking at the jackpot prize, and back on his hand "C'mon sir! It's a fair trade! The stakes are high and Im confident you'll win this round!" Dice gave him a huge, confident smile.

The man shook his hand.