Chpt 18: Something New

The sun rose, casting bright rays from the holes of the cave. Dice happily snuggles on his soft, fluffy pillow, he was awake but wanted to sleep more because of how comfortable his bed is. But since he couldn't sleep, he decided its time to wake up. He stretched and open his eyes to see his boss. Sht. Right, he remembered now. Maybe it's better if he leaves before he wakes up.

He sat up and looked around the room. It looks better here in the morning because you can actually see the details of the wallpaper on the walls and also the place looks more elegant, what a nice room. He looked back at him, his expression was soft and relaxed, a rare sight to see. It reminded him of last night. He put his hand to his chest. What was that? It's something (sharp, something-) new, something different. A unique rush that doesn't involve gambling? Unbelievable! Was he just nervous at that time? Or was it because he's been longing for him to say those words to him? A small blush crept on his cheeks. Special, he is someone special to him. Not just some disposable material. Not just another fool who gambled his soul away. A smile appeared on his face that he could not control. A movement interrupted his thoughts, he saw his boss sitting up while rubbing his eyes "Oh! Good morning sir!" He immediately stood up beside his bed "Good morning Dice" His voice was a little husky and deeper than usual. There was a small moment of silence between them, the demon wanted to say something but seems like he is struggling. Dice decided that leaving would be a good thing to do right now, rather than just standing there like a door. He cleared his throat "Well, I'll be taking my leave, it's nearly time for work" His boss stayed silent, maybe he was upset? He walks towards the door "W-wait" What's this? He's Stuttering? Dice turned around "Yes sir?" The devil looked down, as well as his ears, he looks uneasy "I.. want to apologize for how I acted last night, I didn't mean to ruin your date.." Dice stared at him with wide eyes, well that's new. Who is this man and what did he do to his boss "Oh- Uh, it's alright boss! Don't worry about that" He smiled at him, and the devil later smiled back "..And thank you, for.. not leaving" His smile softened "Anything for you, sir" Comfortable silence stayed as they both enjoy the moment, smiling to each other. But time is ticking, the Casino should open soon. He politely excused himself, closing the door behind him. He hurriedly walks away to go back to his room to change, his face a little flushed and he was looking down, as he starts replaying what had happened.

He wasn't paying attention, because he accidentally bumped into someone, he flinched. Some of their ash landed on his shoulder, he looked up to see Mr. Wheezy, looking a little puzzled, he looked at Dice, then back in the hallway where he came from "Oh, pardon me" He was about to leave when he spoke, "Wait- uhh Amelia is looking for you, but you weren't in your room, so she's waiting for you there" Dice nods his head "I see, thanks" Wheezy continued speaking "Also, I didn't notice you goin' to your room last night. Where did you–"  "We'll talk later, I have to go now" He cuts him off and hurriedly went to his room. He fixed himself to look a little presentable when he realized that he forgot his coat in the Devil's office. Eh, he'll come back to get it later, he opens the door, revealing Amelia "Hey, Im sorry to make you wait, Dear" Amelia stood up, hugging him "It's alright, I hope you fixed whatever problem you had last night" Dice nods his head "Yes, we did, but I should be gettin' ready for work now, I'll see you later Dear" She nods her head, and began to leave. Dice let out a sigh as she closes the door.

The huge golden doors of the Casino opened, but they are expecting few customers today since its weekdays. King Dice just finished hosting a game, he decided to check on the pool hall. He hears Mangosteen laughing (almost crazily) at the customer, seems like he's having a good time "Uh-oh! You loseee!!" You can see the customer visibly annoyed. They noticed the manager entering the room "Boss!" Mango happily exclaimed, "He lost!!" He smiled at him "I heard, but do try not to laugh at him, that is very unprofessional" He turned to face the customer "I apologize for his behavior" He said, suddenly someone challenged him to play, and accepted this offer.

After his shift was over, he decided to take a break at the bar. Drinking a cup of water, joining the others who were on a break "Soo, how'd you survive last night?" He raised an eyebrow  "What do you mean?"
"Last night, the Boss was on fire, literally" Pirouletta said.
"Yeah! But uh- we didn't know what to do, then we saw your car but ya didn't come back to your room, we thought you died!" Chips exclaimed.
"So what happened?" Mr. Wheezy asked "Nothin' I managed to calm him down and was too tired to go to my bed, so I slept in his office" He lied "But why was he mad about this time?"  "I heard it was because of you Dice"  "What makes you think Im the reason?"  "When I told boss you left early, that's when he got mad"  "Well, he just got upset that I won the bet, that's all"  "You? won?" Pirouletta raised an eyebrow "He.. doesn't know that part yet" Dice avoided eye contact "But he doesn't have to, y'know?"  "Well, what are you planning on doing with Amelia after your victory?" Dice placed his chin on the palm of his hand "Oh, well I'll keep her around for a few weeks or so.."

___
i did not know how to end this chap lol