Chpt 30: Past scars

They arrived at their room. There is a bathroom, and two beds, the room is pretty big. A small balcony area too, big open windows with red elegant curtains. Once they settled down, they decided to find a restaurant to eat breakfast around them.

Dice looked around, admiring the sunrise and the view they have. While the devil is admiring Dice's face and how he looks so relaxed and the whole atmosphere of the restaurant "Something wrong Sir?" Oh, was he staring for a long time? "Nothing" Just in time, the waiter came with their food, placed it down, and excused himself "Pfft, it looks like we're on a date" The boss chuckled to himself, grabbing his cup of coffee. His manager chuckled with him, looking away to hide a blush "It would be if one of us is a woman" Dice commented, taking a bite of his pancake "Right now, it looks like we're planning a murder" The devil laughed "Well! What if one of us is gay?" Dice avoided eye contact "Still, no one can tell a man is gay just by looking at them" The devil gave him a 'that's a good point shrug "That reminds me.." The boss started "I've never seen you date a man before" Dice looks down at his coffee "Well, I tried but that didn't really end well. How 'bout you?" The devil took a slice out of Dice's pancakes, Dice frowns at this "Boss, that's mine–"  "I have tried it before" He completely ignores him "Men are just as equally fun as women" Dice looks surprised by this "Oh! I.. see" The boss crossed his arms "Surprised?"  "No, just.. never thought you'd be.. nevermind" Dice looks away, drinking his coffee intensely as if he wanted to drown himself "Hey! Slow down! The coffee won't go anywhere!" He finished the whole cup, placing the mug on the table "You alright?" He just smiled at him "Never better"

When they finished their breakfast, they decided to finally check out the Casino. It's a big place, like the Devil's Casino but probably bigger. They bought some chips and checked out a couple of games. Dice decided to play a bit of blackjack. Dice observed the dealer, he looks like he has been here for quite some time by the way he shuffles and distributes the cards. He saw him glaring at him, Dice wonders how he'll mess with him "This is a game called blackjack yes? How do we play it?" The dealer explained the rules, but Dice decided to play dumb and to annoy the dealers, he keeps cutting the dealer off and asking to explain it again. Then, in the middle of a game, he decided to smoke which was not allowed, and 'accidentally' blow some in the dealer's face. When the game ended, he didn't give him any tip, and accused him of cheating, placing a trap that looked like the dealer was cheating, causing the other players to believe him, fight the dealer, and call the manager of the Casino, while leaving Dice's cigarette on the blackjack table, leaving a small burnt spot on it. Dice wanted to laugh as he saw the man's face twist in different levels of annoyance while trying to be professional. He decided to try more games and be the most annoying gambler in the place.

In the end, Dice got banned.

The devil, also, got banned. For drinking too much alcohol because he can't get drunk, and for setting flames in the bar.

The two fools laugh their asses off as they run away from the Casino "What- HaHA!! The fck did you do??" Dice asked the laughing devil "I burned the fcking bar down HAhAHA!!" They ran as the police and security angrily chase them. The clouds angrily thundering and pouring down rain. The devil decided to teleport them out of there and ended up back at the hotel "Aren't we banned here boss?" Dice asked a little out of breath "We are! So quickly pack your shit we gotta run!" Dice did as told, the devil also grabbed his maleta and packed some of his things. Both were soaking wet from the rain, so Dice decided to quickly change his shirt.

The devil saw this, and he almost froze at what he saw.

But they heard some keys juggling in the door, so they grabbed their bags and teleported back to the plane.

Both sat on the comfortable chair, a little exhausted from the running and all the adrenaline. The quiet rain can be heard outside, it seems like the rain is calming down a little "Hey Dice.." The manager was wiping his head "Yes boss?" The devil was a little reluctant to ask this but "Your... scars.. where did they come from?" He remembers his back when he was changing his clothes. There were a lot of ugly scars. Small ones, big ones, scary ones, some were noticeable some not. The Dice fell quiet, it took him a few seconds to respond "They're just accidents from the past, sir" His words tainted black "You're lying" The devil stood up "Why didn't you tell me? Who did this to you?" Dice moved closer to his seat, away from him "Why would I tell you? You don't have to know this. It wasn't part of the contract either" The devil's eyes widen a little. So, he was just filling out the whole role "Oh. That's it?! So it's all just part of the contract? Everything you ever told me was for you to fill out your manager role?" His voice raising "Years of working for me and you didn't bother telling me all of this??!!" Dice gripped the towel in his hand tightly "Though I work for you, doesn't mean you should know everything about my life!" Dice remembers how he got all his scars, memories replaying it in his head "Why would you care? In fact, why bother asking at all! It's the past, talking about it doesn't change anything" Traumatic moments flashes in his mind but he tries his best to swallow and hide them "..You don't trust me, is that it? You think scary evil Satan is a heartless bastard! Is that it?!" Dice was a bit taken aback, realizing how he sounded "I thought you were different from the rest of them!! I...I thought you were special.. I thought you trusted me" He looked away, he looks upset, lost, and angry. He felt betrayed, his closest friend, his right-hand man, doesn't even trust him. How pathetic is that? "Sir.. I-.. didn't mean it like that.."
"Leave"
"Boss–"
"Leave!!"
Dice's chest hurts, his eyes stinging from the tears that wanted to come out, but stood up, grabbing his bag and leaving after bowing his head.