Chpt 3: Life-changing bets

Today is a quiet day because it's Monday. The Casino isn't full and nothing interesting is happening here. Costumers are a few, there's no fight happening, no new shipments coming and no paperwork to do. Dice grumbled, sitting on a stool in front of a bar waiting for something, but no matter how long he waits, nothing changes.

He decided to stand up and head to the Boss's office, maybe he can offer something. The doors opened after he knocks "Good morning boss" He sat down in front of him "Dice, you can't just come here and ask for more work every Monday. Do you even rest?" Dice shook his head "Not that much, and what else is there to do anyway?" Devil gave him an annoyed face, with a hint of confusion "Wha- jus- I don't know! Take a break? Go fck someone or somethin'!?" Dice crossed his arms as he rolls his eyes "Ugh, Sir. I have standards, I can't just fck everything that moves" Devil raised an eyebrow "The h3ll not? You're popular and everyone seems to be into you, dating won't be a problem to ya"
He let out a sigh "Well it wouldn't be if I can actually love them"

The Devil starred in confusion "So you're saying you can't even do that?" Dice raised an eyebrow "Do what?"
"Love someone other than yourself! You're sayin' you dated 6 people and still failed to fall in love to at least one of 'em? How stupid can you be?"
"It's not as easy as it sounds! Especially when they are all the same" Devil snickered "Well maybe you're not worthy of feeling such thing, maybe, you'll stay being an empty conman"

Dice glared at him "Nevermind that, what about you? Is it even possible for you to fall for someone?" The Devil replied with pride "Of course it is! You've seen it Dice!" Dice's face palmed himself "Sir, dating, and screwing are both different things" He shivers in disgust, remembering all those times he accidentally saw his Boss fcking someone on the table. No wonder why he started to learn how to knock "Well, Im sure I have felt love at some point-" "Oh yeah? What does it feel like?" "Like uhh- like Im obsessed with them....?" The answer sounded more like a question. Dice is unamused at his failed attempt at lying "Oohh, who were they? What happened to them? Where did you two meet? How did you-" "Alright fine! I don't know!! You Happy?!" Dice has a cunning smile "Then your situation is worst than mine" Devil only glared at him "Don't be too cocky! I bet I can find someone before you can!" Dice snickered "But boss, didn't you already say, Im popular, and everyone seems to be into me. Do you think you can beat someone like that?" He confidently gestured his hand towards himself making his Boss growl in annoyance, using his own words against him huh? "Finding someone with that damn pride of yours?" He chuckled "The only one you can ever love is yourself," Devil said with a glare, which made Dice feel a little taken aback but didn't want to falter, so he kept a straight face "Better than being someone who can't love at all" He smirks.

A knock on the door interrupted their glaring contest "Uh, boss? Ya might wanna see this" Dice nods his head, finally, something interesting "I'll be there in a minute.." Wheezy nods and leaves "..So boss.." He offered a hand to shake "Anyone who falls in love first wins?" The devil stood up, shaking his hand "Deal" He cannot wait to see the look on his face when he wins.

Dice starred in disbelief "Ya let a couple of kids into the Casino?? And they are winning?!" Pirouletta nods her head "They'd been playing for a while now and they'd been winning for most of the time" Dice observed the two cups, one wearing red shorts, one blue 'They look familiar..' He sighed 'These kids are gonna get their souls taken from them in such a young age' Dice shrugged his shoulders, a job is a job I guess. Dice casually walks near their table, observing them win a couple of games, before leaving to go play another one.

Cuphead and Mugman found themselves on a winning streak, at the crops table "Hot Dawg!" Exclaimed King Dice, the Casino's sleazy manager "These fellas can't lose!"

"Nice run, boys" Laughed a newcomer. The brothers gasped, it was the owner of the Casino- the Devil himself! "Now, how about we raise the stakes?" he suggested with a toothy grin.

"Win one more roll, and all the loot of my Casino is yours!" The devil boomed "But if you lose, I'll have your souls! Deal?"

Cuphead, blinded by easy riches, nodded and grab the dice for a throw "Good gosh Cuphead! No!" cried Mugman, for he understood the danger. But it was too late!

"Snake eyes!" Laughed the devil while slamming the floor "You lose!" The brothers trembled in fear as he loomed over them "Now, about those souls..."

The brothers pleaded for their very lives "Th-there must be another w-way to repay you" Mugman stammered "Yes, P-please mister!" Cuphead added.

"Hmm, perhaps there is" The devil snickered, pulling out a parchment "I have here a list of my runaway debtors, collect their souls for me, and I might just pardon you two mugs"

"Now get going!" The devil roared, kicking the boys out most rudely "You have 'till midnight tomorrow to collect all of those souls! Otherwise, I'll be the one collecting yours!"

Cuphead and Mugman were terribly frightened and run away as fast as they could "C'mon mug!" Panted Cuphead "We have to find the Elder Kettle, he'll know what to do!"