Chpt 50: A Date At The Carnival!

"Dice, darling.." Oh that charming nickname he gave him, makes his heart skip a beat every time he hears it~ Dice stopped his writing. His attention turned to Dev "Yes love?" It was late at night, and Dice refuses to sleep, saying that he has to finish work or something like that. But Dev can tell that he was stressed, probably from yesterday's incident.

Yes, he brushed it off, saying he was fine and that he was used to it. But something about those groups of men made Dice upset and Dev wanted to distract him from it and give him a break, but his stubborn ass refuses to.

"You have plenty of time to do that tomorrow, why not go to sleep?" Dev asked in concern, carefully grabbing the pen he was holding to stop him from writing any further "But I.." A rude yawn cut him off "..have a lot to do.." Dev let out a sigh "Go to sleep Dice, I don't want you overworking yourself.." He received no answer and noticed that Dice wasn't moving "Dice..?" He was supporting his head using his hand, elbows on the table, eyes closed dozing off. So, being the good boyfriend he was, gently carried his Lover to their bed so he can sleep properly. The movement made Dice almost open his eyes, half asleep "Couldn't you at least walk by yourself? The bed isn't that far away you know.." He half-heartedly complained as he carefully laid him on the bed "hehe~.. sorry Dev.." Dice tiredly apologized with a cheeky grin, earning a kiss on the forehead "I know you're stressed, so I'll give you a break from the Casino, alright?" Dice was a bit surprised about the news "Oh? That sounds nice.." Dice cuddled closer to his lover, burying his face in Dev's fluffy chest "Thank you.." He mumbled as he slowly drifts to sleep. The Devil's hand wraps around his waist, placing his head on top of Dice's "Good night Dice.."

• • •
Dice slowly stirred awake. He looked around, Dev wasn't beside him, and it was already bright outside. It made him panic for a second, thinking he was late for work but then realizing that he doesn't have work today because of last night. His body relaxes "But now that I don't have to go to work.. What should I do?" He stood up and do his morning routine before going to the office.

And just as he thought, the Devil was right there "Good morning Devy~" Dice sweetly greeted, gently hugging him from behind and kissing the back of his head causing the Devil to blush from the given affection "Oh, g-good morning Dice"

'Seriously, it's 9 in the morning can you stop being adorable? It's too early for my heart to be racing this fast!!' The demon thought.

"Already working I see, you ate breakfast?" Dice sat down on the chair beside him and looked at some of the papers "Mhm, currently finishing some of your work for you" Dice blushed at the kind gesture "Aww, thanks Boss!" He took a piece of paper and a pen "What are you doing?"  "Helping you out"  "No, you're on your break"  "But won't the work be much faster if Im helping?"  "Not on your break"  "But—"  "No" Dice pouted, and gave up. Placing his head on the table, trying to think of something to do. For some reason, it seems like time is moving really slowly.

Dice let out a sigh and looked at the clock, seeing and hearing it tick for every second that passes. Only causing his boredom to grow.

He was about to go to the Casino when he noticed a newspaper on the table. A printed picture of a roller coaster from a new carnival near them and a lightbulb seem to turn on in his head "Heeyy! How 'bout we go somewhere?" Dev raises an eyebrow "Go where?" Dice showed him the newspaper "A carnival?" He let out a chuckle "What are you? 10?" He mocked with a smirk "Aww c'moonn! It'll be fun! Better than working and being stuck here! And you said Im on my break" Dice insisted "Yes, but not me" Dice pouted, grabbing his hands with his hands together "Pleeaaseeeee go with meeee!!" Causing Dev to chuckle at his childish please "Alright, alright! I'll come with you" He saw how Dice's eye lit up with the same childish vibes "Yaayy~!! I'll go change! It'll be quick!" He happily said as he runs off to go to his room. Leaving the Devil, smiling to himself.