Chpt 51: Once A Cat Of Time

"Yeah..'m pretty sure there's somethin' goin' on between those two"
"How can you be so sure of it?"
"Huh, It ain't that obvious, but I feel like yer right.."
"Psh! Always am!"
"Whatever"
"What do you say we'll do to 'em, Boss?"
"If there is one thing that I know he'll do for sure.." He lifted his hat a little, glaring at some of his crew.

"Is that my son won't involve him in this."

_____

The Devil let out a long yawn, stretching his arms and legs, reaching for the sky. It was in the middle of the day, the sun was shining brightly in the sky. It was peaceful, the Devil was just preparing a cup of coffee for him to fill himself with energy.

He decided to walk outside his office to get some fresh air. Sometimes he would rather become a cat and wander around the isle than work, it's a secret of his that he likes to do when he's bored. And there is a lot of interesting stuff that he sees when he's a cat, it gives him some sort of connection between himself and mortals. Sometimes he witnesses interesting games, people trapped in odd predicaments, people confessing their secrets, and sometimes even witnesses murders, which mostly happen in hidden places. And a lot of people don't mess with black cats because people think they are bad luck, which only gives the Devil even more freedom.

He morphed into a fluffy, black cat and left the room. He was going to leave the place for a bit, when he noticed King Dice walking towards his office, holding some papers. He frowns at the stack of papers 'Well, at least I'm not around to be forced to work..' He thought. He decided to follow the man, he saw him entering his office after not receiving a reply to his knocks "Boss? You there?" He called out, only hearing his voice echo back.

"Huh, I guess I'll just leave these here.." He mumbled to himself and proceeded to walk out of the room. Upon opening the door, he noticed a black cat, curiously looking at him. They locked eyes for a second, but Dice decided to leave it be. He was walking back to the place when he noticed the cat following him, it made him stop in his tracks. He glanced back at the cat, noticing that it stopped when he stopped. And it walks when he walks, why was this cat following him?

He sat down, leaving a good enough distance between himself and the cat "I don't have food to give you if that's what you're after" Dice spoke, "Unless you're here to make a bet then we have plenty of games here" He chuckled at himself. The cat walks towards him, rubbing his head on his arm with a quiet purr "...You shouldn't be here, y'know?" He hesitantly placed his hand on the cat's head, rubbing it gently.

The cat seems to enjoy it "Many shady people come here.. It would be a shame to see you dead on the streets.."

The cat felt his concern and pity for him, he decided to sit on his lap "Whoa- hey! Don't get too comfortable! I still have a job to do" The cat couldn't care less honestly.
After a few minutes or so, Dice gently pushed the cat off of him, he dusted his clothes off, realizing he has some cat fur now stuck in them. He let out an unhappy groan "I'll be leaving now, take care little kitten" He bid him farewell.

The cat's eyes followed the manager as he walks back into the Casino before he left.

Dice was... Surprisingly caring for other people. It was rare to see him show concern to anyone, or anything really! But the cat understands that he does this because he has a reputation to keep, after all, you can't be out here actin' all sunshine and rainbows. Unless you're Chips, of course.

He thinks it was nice to see Dice's soft side around the people he cares for, and around some animals that he finds. It just shows that he is not a cruel bastard, though he can be if he wants to be.

The cat went on his merry way. Going into the city, causing some mayhem and chaos without anyone noticing. Giving mortals a taste of his pranks and jokes, by making children's toys haunt them in their sleep, or making some alive and vengeful. Ordering imps to mess with them and spill some drinks to cause fights. Cursed some objects, mortals, and animals. Turned insects and roaches bigger to flood the city but not to the point where they all have to die. Just enough to see them suffer.