Chpt 31: Stupid Dice

"Pshh! Stupid Dice with his stupid self and his stupid scars" The devil angrily grumbled under his breath, his tail quickly flickering behind him. With his arms crossed, alone in his plane. It was quiet, lonely, drowning himself with a bottle of booze.

"Why would you care? In fact, why bother asking at all! It's the past, talking about it doesn't change anything"

Dice's words echoed in his mind like a broken record, stabbing him like a blade "Why would I care?! Was he expecting me to ignore all of that?!" He angrily grips the glass he has. Usually, he doesn't give two shts about his employees. But c'mon, it's Dice we're talking about it here! He's the first mortal he could trust! He would trust his life to him but apparently, he wouldn't do the same!

"Why would I tell you? You don't have to know this. It wasn't part of the contract either"

Seeing him distance himself, push him away, and be all professional and sht pisses the demon off. Was all of his words fake? Was it all just an act? A heavy feeling in his chest made him want to cry. His throat felt like it was closing as if to prevent him from breathing.

"He doesn't fcking trust me! For once I asked something about his past and he pushes me away! Can't he see that I only–!!" He paused, his grip on his glass loosening "That I only... care for him.." He looked down, placing the glass on the table. He looked outside the window, wondering how Dice is doing, hoping nothing bad would happen to him, after all, he did leave him in the middle of the night with showering rain "He's a grown adult. I should stop worrying for his sorry ass" He started re-thinking his choices. Maybe making him leave was not a good idea.

"What- HaHA!! The fck did you do??" Dice asked the laughing devil "I burned the fcking bar down HAhAHA!!"

"Boys, I appreciate the help, really, but.. I chose to stay here, and that'll never change"

"I won't ever leave you, sir, I promise you that"

"Oh- Uh, it's alright boss! Don't worry about that" He smiled at him, and the devil later smiled back "..And thank you, for.. not leaving" His smile softened "Anything for you, sir"

The miserable demon hides his face in his hand. Conflicted with all of this. Maybe he cares a little too much now, that without Dice by his side he started feeling empty, lonely, and perhaps a little sad "Ughh, fcking feelings.. Am I going soft? I feel like Im a different being now. I sound pathetic.."

•••
The morning sun woke him up. He landed and was walking back to the Casino. He was greeted by Amelia, walking towards the place "Mr. Devil!" Ugh, my day keeps getting worst. He decided to ignore her, but she matches his pace and walks beside him "What do you want?" He glares at her, not really in the mood to talk "Good morning. I heard you and King decided to go on a business trip, I didn't have the time to say goodbye to him, but how did it go?"
"It went well. He asked me if he could take a break and said he was getting tired of you nagging him all the time so he stayed there for a bit" Would he pass up an opportunity to torment her? Nope, especially since he is in a bad mood "Oh.. I-.. I see.." He walked past her, not caring at all about the consequences "And.. Were you two alone..?" He stopped walking, looking back at her "What do you mean?"  "Um.. I just wanted to know who he was with"  "Yes, we were alone, did you expect me to bring all my employees?" Annoyance in his tone "Oh, no sir. I was just wondering..." He rolled his eyes and continues walking until he heard her mumble something.

"..It would be disgusting if you have feelings for my King"

Amelia wasn't stupid. She knows that the Devil is evil and all, but it's the way how he distances Dice away from her. Something was wrong, and she will not just stand there and let him take her lover away.

This, however, annoyed the Devil "Listen here btch. I don't know what kind of crazy fantasies you have but it's best to keep it to yourself, and before you, I found him first and I own him" He clicked his tongue and took his leave, the woman was too stunned to speak (Yes I put that in purpose mwehehe)

The devil rubbed his eyes, and looked for Dice, wondering if he was already here, but only finding the other staff "oh sht he's here- Uh, Welcome back sir!" Mr. Wheezy happily greeted, seeing the boss back with his imps carrying his stuff for him "Did something happen while I was gone? Did you break anything?" The devil looked around the place, it looks too clean as if to hide something "No boss! Everything went well" He crossed his arms, ordering the imps to put his luggage in his room "..And is Dice already here?" He lowered his voice, looking outside "Oh. No boss, he's not here, I thought he was with you?" He's not here yet, of course, he has to find a plane, and it was quite late too. His mind filled with worry "He'll arrive in a few hours or so. Go back to work" He walked to his room, past his clean, empty office. He started unpacking his clothes and his things.

Laying on his big empty bed after. Alone, his thoughts drowning him. A foreign feeling blossoming, his chest heavy, uncomfortable. Guilt. He feels guilty, that's new. The demon remembers Dice's face, how he avoided the conversation, his eyes, how his eyes almost filled with tears. Maybe he shouldn't have made him leave, maybe he shouldn't have rise his tone. Pshh. It's not my fault. If he couldn't trust me with something so important then why would I care for him? Ugh! Stupid Dice!

___
its 1 am and im functioning on my last brain cell so sorry if this chap doesnt make any sense :>