Chpt 43: Nicknames and Promises

King Dice and the others was forced to take a break after yesterday's incident. The Casino will be closed for probably 3 days.

"Huh, so.. what do we do?" Chips asked, placing his hand down "Idunno?" They never really did anything else other than working "..I guess we.. take a break?" Wheezy nods his head, both was laying down beside each other in the hospital. Their big wounds was currently being healed. "Yeah.. I guess so.." They stared at the clean white ceiling, the ticking of the clock can be heard. They lay in silence for a while, that is when one of them had an idea "Hey Wheeze?"
"Yeah?"
"Want to do somethin' dumb in the hospital?" Wheezy smirked at Chips "You bet I do" They evilly chuckled before they got interrupted by Phear "Shouldn't you two be restin'? You got the most injuries than the rest of us" His deep, grumbly voice ask "Nah"

Dice was staying in his room. Oh wait, correction, in the Devil's room. The demon has been quite protective after last night, which is understandable. But he seriously was monitoring and watching him 24/7! Don't you think that's too much? "I think I'm well enough to do some paper works, yeah?" Dice asked, reaching for a pen "No. Just take a rest" The demon replied, taking the pen away from him. Dice let out a sigh and did as told. He was going to try to relax and do nothing but he got bord pretty easily. Cuz well, what else should he be doing? Stare at the beautifully clean black ceiling of the demon's room all day? It's pretty, but no.

His attention went back to the demon who was sitting on a wooden chair, working on something.

Dice's mind wondered off to the spell. It felt like he was trapped in his own body. He was conscious but couldn't move, like he was paralyzed. He kept hearing her voice over and over again, and what's the strangest, was all his feeling were mixed up. He felt this overwhelming rage around his Boss and to the others to the point that he'd hurt them, the people he cares about so much. He didn't know what to do, it scared him so much.

"You alright?" The Devil asked, concerned, Dice didn't realize that he was staring "Oh, yes sir, just.. thinking"  The demon isn't experienced with comforting someone and being nice, but he'll try his best. He approached the man and lay down beside him "If you're worried about Butterbtch then don't. She's in the deepest layer of h3ll" Dice lightly chuckled "Butterbtch?" He wraps his arm around his knees "It suits her" The demon glanced at him weirdly "Are you still scared?" Dice only hugged his knees further, not answering the question. The demon sat up and wrapped his arm around his waist, trying to comfort him, after all Dice was there to comfort him every time he needs it, so he'll do the same. The die blushed at the gesture "Talk to me" Dice let out a sigh "..Yes, I am. Being in that spell felt.. horrible and scary.." The demon hugged him a little tighter "..I didn't want to hurt any of you.." 
"It wasn't your fault, Dice and.. from now on I promise that I'll keep you safe, so you won't have to experience that again"
Dice's eyes sparkle at what he said "..You promise?" The demon proudfully smirk "Of course! I promise.." Dice's lips curled up, gently smiled at him, that cute, honest smile that the Devil loves so much. He suddenly has this strong urge to kiss those sweet lips again. He could feel his face heating up "Thank you, Boss"

"Hmm, don't you think we're close enough for you to stop being formal around me?" The demon pouted a little "Oh, yeah you're right" Dice thinks for a bit "But still, you're my boss, it's rude for me not to address you that way" The demon placed his hand on his chin in a thinking manner "Well yes, but you can stop the formalities when we're not working" He proved his point "Alright then" Dice thinks for a bit "I'll call you.." He looks at him "Dev, short for Devil" The demon felt his tail wag a little, he smiled, satisfied with his nickname 'Dammit. I feel like a dog' He thought. It's weird how his heart felt like it skipped a beat, and how he felt excited and this sort of rush through his veins when he heard his new nickname. He burried his face on his shoulder, his face feels hot, what is happening?? "Umm, so do you like it?" He can hear him being nervous "Yeah, I like it~" Dice smiled.

They sat in a cozy silence for a while, comfortable with each other. Until Dice felt his boss' hand on his hand "Can I take it off?" Dice's face turned red as he tries calming himself down "S-sure uhh.. Dev" Dev his tail did a little happy dance. He gently took his white, gloves off. Then he interlocked his hand on his "W-why did you.. uh..do that?" Dice cursed at himself from stuttering "..Are you stuttering?" Dice looked away "No I-..I'm not" The demon chuckled "HAh!! Yes you are!" He made him face him by grabbing his head "You're face is even red!" This only embarrass the die. He took his head from his hands "Because you were trying to hold my hand!" As he tries pulling his hand away "And? What's so wrong about that?" Dice didn't answer as he tries to get away from his grip "You can let go of me now Bo- Dev" But the demon only snuggled closer "No, I'm comfortable like this" As the demon hold his scarred, soft hands. Dice could only blush.

'His hand is so soft and warm.. I love it.'

He hears Dice's think, as the man look to the side, relaxing on his presence. 'I thought he was trying to get away?' He questioned, mortals sure are confusing sometimes. But wow, can you believe it? The Devil, ruler of the underworld is snuggling close to someone without them being scared. King Dice sure is something.

The demon felt so fuzzy and weird now. It's like he just wants to stay like this forever! Is it just his laziness talking so he don't have to continue his paperwork or.. something else? He looked down at his hand, interlocked with his manager. At this moment, everything feels so ..perfect. A low grumble starts resonating within him "Dev?" He realized he was purring. And Dice knew that he dislike purring, he said it made him look weak that's why he avoids it or interrupt it. But right now he isn't stopping it.

The Devil suddenly pushed Dice onto the bed so he was laying on his back and lays on top of him, placing his head on his chest. The movement caught Dice off guard "..You could've just told me, you know?" He mumbled, but loud enough to hear. He looked up, their faces are inches away from each other. The demon stared at his lips. Won't it be crazy if he just...

Leans in and kiss him again?

_____
i was pretty busy this week :')
but enjoy the update!