Chpt 19: Saudade

There's heavy tension in the air. Both players glared at each other so intensely. The silence is deafening, and crickets outside can be heard. Dice's eyes landed on the cards in front of him "Time to reveal our cards, sir." The devil gladly flipped his card over, revealing a Full house. Two cards of 5 of spades, and 3 Queen cards. He immediately looked at Dice's cards. He only has a Flush, 5 cards with the same suit, losing to the Full house "Dammit!!" The Devil burst out laughing as Dice slammed the table in frustration. The devil wipes a tear-away "HaHaA!! You losee!!" Dice grumbled as he collects the cards, putting them inside a plastic box while his Boss is busy collecting his reward "Better luck next time~" Dice stood up, sliding the last coin in front of him "Oh, I will get you next time" The devil smirked, gently taking his hand "I'd love to see you try~" Dice looked at their hands, a tiny hint of blush on his face. The devil lets go after he passes the last coin in the palm of his hand "Keep it, to remind you that you lost to me, again" Dice looked at the coin in his hand, the unknown feeling was back again. Before that feeling get stronger, he cleared his throat and say "Well, I have to go now" The devil slouched back in his chair and started counting the money on the table "Off to go see your beloved Amelia again?" A hint of annoyance was present in his tone "Yes, jealous?" He rolled his eyes "Never. Besides, I don't know what you see in her that makes her soo unique from the rest of them" He places his chin on his hand "Oh, we'd be stuck in here for hours if I gave you the reasons and I'd be late" Dice hurriedly takes his coat to leave "Bye boss!" He closes the door. The devil ignored that and continued counting the money. Maybe it's best if he doesn't hear those reasons.

Amelia gave him a huge hug. 'Empty...' "Darling! You ready?" Dice smiled at her as she gently took his hands 'It doesn't feel the same...' They started walking to Amelia's home. The moon shining so beautifully, the streetlights illuminating the path as the cars pass by. Colors of different shades play in the reflection of each closed store. The night was breathtaking. The warmth of his lover by his side. Everything is so peaceful. And yet, as wonderful as it sounds, something is still missing. After all the years he spent, looking for something that might cover or complete this desire, this hunger this... longing for something. He still can't quite put a finger on it. He always thought that he always feels this intense longing for something because he had a rough start in life, but after all, he has right now? Fame, money, reputation. Why does it still linger? Why won't it go away? "It's so peaceful right now.. So quiet.. It's like it's only the two of us left in this world" She chuckled to herself "Indeed it is. Just the two of us.." She leans her head toward his shoulder "It would be nice to spend the nights like this forever, with me beside you.." She let out a soft sigh, Dice notices the sudden shift of mood "What's wrong love?" She looks troubled "It's just.. I often feel lonely at night, sleeping by myself, without you.." Her gaze on the side "Can you, maybe, stay for tonight?" She timidly asks. Dice thought for a bit and sees that it won't be a problem "Of course! That's a wonderful idea" They reached the house. Dice has been here a couple of times before. Amelia took off her jacket and shoes. They sat down and watch a couple of shows as they lean on each other until Amelia falls asleep. Dice carried her and took her to her room, gently laying her down. She turned around in her sleep, cuddling him. Readers are slowly crumbling as they wait for their ship to finally happen, if they're not, I sure am.

He puts his arms around her. But something is not right. He can feel her warmth against his skin, but something else is missing. His mind wanders back to that night. Where his boss interrupted his date with one of his tantrums and he ended up sleeping with him. He felt something back then. His heart was racing, he felt nervous, and he felt a new feeling of rush flowing through his veins. He was comfortable around him, yet somehow anxious. He wants to feel that again, whatever it was! Dice looks down at the butterfly. If they are lovers, why is life still in black and white? Why is everything so bland, dull, boring? He wants to let her go, but he still needs her to be around, she might still be useful. Dice suddenly chuckled at himself.

'Ah sht, maybe I am a bastard con man..'

_____
i am not Portuguese, but im so happpyyy that i found that word!! it is exactly what i was looking for! :D