Chpt 13: Cute couple eh?

The die took a sip of the soup that Amelia made for him, warming up his cold body. The rain was gently pouring outside, but because it is inside a cave, only a few drops of water got through. It has been 2 days since he got sick, but at least he is feeling better now. Amelia looked around, his room doesn't look like a room at all, more like a fancy house or apartment. It is huge and it's surprising how this can hide behind the Casino, but then again, the building is enormous "Darling? Do you ever go outside?" Dice looked up "Of course I do, well, sometimes.. I rarely leave this place" She runs her fingers on the comfy bed "But do you want to?" "Well a vacation will be nice" Amelia continued with a question "I see.. But.. if you are ever given a chance to be released out of the devil's debt.. will you take it?" Dice looked down, remembering what happened before, Amelia was waiting for an answer "..well I won't.." Her curiosity peaked higher "Why is that?" Dice plays with the end of his blanket "I..Im not certain.." She sat down on a stool beside a window "Maybe you really like it here?" Dice let out a sigh "I guess? Minus all the paperwork, maybe I do.." She traced her fingers on the falling droplets hanging on the window "Why? What's so special about this place darling?"
"..Well.. This is my home.. I grew close to the staff, we're kinda like a weird family now, haha!" A smile crept on Dice's face "Something I never had before.." A knock interrupted their deep conversation "Come in" The door opened, revealing Pirouette with Chips beside her "How are you feeling?" Pirouletta asked with concern "Oh, Im feeling better now" Chips playfully bumped his shoulders "No wonder why! She took care of ya?" Referring to the woman in front of him, he nods his head "Well you can go back to work tomorrow!" Chips lowered his enthusiasm "We really need ya there, yesterday, some jerk told us that we were cheatin' and asked for the manager but since ya can't really go there they went to the Devil's office and made a ruckus!" Pirouletta nods her head with a sigh "Indeed. Boss had been in a very bad mood too lately.." Dice couldn't help but snicker, catching their attention "So it's your fault why he's like that." Pirouletta claimed "Pfft- haha!! Nah that wasn't my fault, he made a bet and he probably thinks he's gonna lose!" Pirouletta shook her head in disappointment "Ohh! What was the bet about?" Chips asked making Dice stop his laughter, remembering that Amelia was there "Oh-uh, nothin' serious this time!" He tries to shrug it off. They all noticed Amelia standing up, grabbing her bag "Oh I have to go now, darling, I'll see you tomorrow" She kissed him "Let me come with you, it's dangerous to go out alone, especially at night" She smiled at him, taking his hand "Thank you, King" The two smiled happily "Aww, what a cute couple"

They were walking down the street, holding hands, the moonlight lighting their way as raindrops gently falls on their umbrella. Isn't this romantic? "King? What was the bet about earlier?" He nervously smiled "Oh, nothing! Just a friendly wager, we always do that" They continued walking "If it wasn't serious, why was he in such a bad mood?" She asked, remembering that they saw each other when she was going to visit Dice, the demon was glaring at her so angrily that it scared her, but she decided to not tell that part "He always does that when he loses and he can be a little uh.. childish" He chuckles to himself, remembering a memory. Amelia smiled at this "Two of you are really close hm?" Dice smiled "Yeah, Im his right-hand man after all!" Amelia felt a pang of jealousy, but why would she? They are nothing more but friends, and besides, Dice isn't.. gay. But.. It's not what he said, it's how he said it. He sounded so happy, proud and...

They stopped walking once they reached her house. She went in to kiss his cheek, then took his hand "I'll see you again tomorrow" Dice kiss her back. The number of times I typed kiss is making me uncomfortable. She opened her door "I love you" She says, but when she didn't get an immediate response she left and closed the door.

King Dice was standing there, frozen. He couldn't say those three words back and he wonders why. He looked down, clenching his fists. Why couldn't he? Those are three simple words! He probably lost his chance! It's like he always has bad luck when it comes to relationships. He cant keep one, and it takes forever to find someone actually interested in him! He let out a sigh. Why cant he say it? Does he not feel the same way? He started walking away.

"..I wonder what's it like to be in love.."