15.5

"There he goes again..."

High school student Heiran commented as she found a yellow sticky note on her locker again. Finding a note on her locker had become a daily occurrence to Heiran and now she found it odd if there wasn't one to greet her every day. Nora raised a skeptical eyebrow, "You seem to like it."

"Pssh, no!" Heiran flapped her hand dismissively, "It takes a lot more than this to make me like him. Besides, he's bipolar."

"Bipolar?" She questioned, folding her hands over her chest.

"Yeah, it's like he switches his personality every day. One day he'd be passing some corny pickup line, the next he would be going all existential crisis mode on me asking me why I exist, like how the f*ck am I supposed to answer that? Then he'd be cracking some perverted joke the next day. And sometimes he even writes these highly jealous notes because I hung out with the boys or something and then, he'd be apologizing because it's not up to him to decide who I hang out with and wallowing in self-pity because he wishes it was him; it's hilarious."

As Heiran noticed the highly suspicious look Nora aimed at her goofy smile, she grinned and leaned against the locker. "You know what, Nors? Maybe you're right... I do kinda like it."

"Finally she speaks the truth!" Her best friend exclaimed, dramatically throwing her hands up, prompting Heiran's chuckles.

"Alright," Heiran declared, "it's time to find this mystery boi."

"Really?" Nora squealed, excitedly. "How will you find him?"

"I already have an idea," she muttered suddenly, holding the note near Nora's nose, "You smell that? Smells like the Eucalyptus tree in our school compound, doesn't it? There's only one class near that tree as far as I know and that's class 3C. I'm sure he's from there."

Nora nodded her head on board with her idea, "That's genius but how will you confirm who's the one sending you notes? There's like 20 of them in there, right?"

"Easy," Heiran shrugged, "I'll just check their handwriting."

Nora smirked in approval, "You already have everything planned out, don't you?"

"Of course, dear. That's Ahn Heiran to you~"

.

.

.

Heiran and Nora skipped up to the class near the Eucalyptus tree. Though Heiran denied that her heart was pounding due to nervousness, she couldn't quite keep the spring out of her steps. Even Nora struggled to catch up to her, not wanting to miss out on the drama when someone bumped into Heiran's shoulders as he rushed out of the class but before he could get away, she caught his wrists.

"Kim Taehyung."

"What the hell. Oh, sh- Ahn Heiran?" The popular guy in school, almost every girl, and even some boys had a crush on paused and blanched as he realized who had dared to block his path. Heiran offered him her signature grin. "Where are you going?"

"Skipping. Why?" He asked, suddenly feigning impatience but before Heiran could respond to him, another guy called out to him.

"Tae, come on! He's already out the gate!"

"When did he get there so fast? I told him to wait- Okay Miss if you don't mind." Taehyung hurriedly gestured to his wrist she was holding to release him, a soft scowl forming on his otherwise admirable face. Heiran didn't let go right away, giving him a long skeptical stare before shaking her head in denial.