34

[TRIGGER WARNING: Contains disturbing scenes, violence, suggestive content. Viewer's discretion is advised.]

"Officer Kang, I need you to summon Jung Hoseok for questioning—"

Jungkook pulled on his coat, walked out to his garage, unlocking his Sedan as the wee hours of morning made the sky alive with its gentle orange glow,

"We were instructed the same by Prosecutor Ahn, Mr. Jeon, but it seems that he is missing. He is nowhere to be found." Officer Kang Taemin's voice answered from the other end as he got in and slammed the door shut.

"What?" Jungkook questioned, his forehead furrowing. He pressed down on the brake pedal and turned on the ignition as his mind ran all possibilities through his head, the most obvious and certain of them all being one. Jung Hoseok was Y.

He had been there all along, right beside their side, close enough but too far out of reach. It made sense. It all made too much sense.

"Mr. Kang, issue an arrest warrant for Jung Hoseok. ASAP!"

"Got it."

As soon as the call duration lit up on the screen, Jungkook went to call for Heiran again like he had been trying for a while. She still wasn't picking up. He understood why. He truly did deserve the silent treatment but that didn't mean he was fine with it. "Come on, Heiran, this is not the time!"

_______
Note: If you're reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad.com, you're reading the plagiarized version of it illegally and you might be at risk of malware. Please exit the site and go to Wattpad.com to read the original free version of it to show support to the real author. Thank you.
_______

His ringtone blasted from his phone and he pounced on it to answer the call but to his disappointment, the voice he heard from the other end wasn't a certain irate, husky voice but rather a familiar, annoying, nasal one.

"Hello, is this Mr. Silent Wolf?"

Jungkook was at the tip of his patience. "What?"

"Uh – I mean, Mr. Jeon Jungkook? I'm Dohyeok from the NFS, Heiran's friend."

How dare he call her Heiran so casually? The detail pissed him off way more than he should. He didn't even believe they were that close but apparently, the guy thought they were and had galls to call her by her name. Jungkook so badly wanted to snap at him but like the professional, well-mannered civil officer he was, he asked.

"What do you want?"

"I was instructed by Heiran to help her track a phone number just in case and I have the results now from the tech. I tried to reach her but she isn't picking up her phone. She told me to relay the results to you in case something happened to her... and I don't have a good feeling. She's not answering her phone." 

The reluctant voice that crackled from his phone was that of concern. Jungkook soon found his heart beginning to thump in fear. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure, Mr. Jeon but I think something happened to her. She had told me that there was a possibility that something might happen... I'm scared. It doesn't feel right."

Jungkook felt so too. This wasn't right. Why had Heiran thought she was in danger? Did that mean she had found Y? Had she discovered the truth? Did Y know she had?

There was only one way to find out.

"Mr. Cha, send me the results."

He hung up the phone and pressed down on his gas, refusing to believe that something might have happened to her. He rang her number again. She had to be fine. She had to. Because if something happened to her, he could never forgive himself.