19

Suffice to say Min Yoongi had taken on the role of her personal bodyguard and was acting highly weird. Though the man acted like he didn't believe her story about being followed the previous night and was convinced she was drunk, he had made her swear that she would always take the car no matter what. The guy had not even let her go investigate who had followed her and was adamant about getting her back home the previous night. Not one to be treated like a damsel in distress, Heiran was enraged. And that led to a huge argument in the car that morning.

"Min Yoongi, don't you dare treat me like some kind of fragile object that needs constant surveillance. I'm not weak!"

"I know you are not an object and that you're not weak, Heiran. But that doesn't mean I will let you walk into the hands of danger."

Stupid, Yoongi. He might as well pull out a ring at that point. Shaking her head, Heiran shoved her finger into the elevator button only to look up and realize that it was out of order. Cursing her luck, she turned around and ran to the other side to take the stairs through the east section to get to her floor.

The stalking and threatening were getting to her and she was furious that the Yeongsan murderer was still not caught. The detectives under them were all lazy a$s bums. That was all Heiran had to say about that matter.

Head in the clouds, drowning in the details of the investigation as she hastily ran up the stairs in heels, it was just her luck that she misstepped a step. Heiran's ankle suddenly gave out from underneath her, twisting at an awkward angle as she lost her balance. The case files went flying high as her hands shot out in the air, helplessly trying to find a support that wasn't there. Heiran tilted back, her skull headed straight for the concrete side of the stairs. She saw the ceiling in her vision as she braced herself for the pain to come, tumbling into the arms of death (or a rather severe head injury). It was all too sudden. There wasn't even enough time for a yelp to escape her lips that were parted in horror and she closed her eyes, accepting her fate when she, all of a sudden, stopped.

Heiran's eyes slowly opened, bringing into focus the alarmed visage of the most beautiful man she had ever seen. The case file papers showered down over them like cherry blossoms on a spring day. The light shining softly from behind, reflecting off of his smooth hair, and heart-shaped lips parted in quiet surprise, warm brown eyes wide and focused solely on her, the man appeared absolutely heaven-sent. Heiran gasped in awe as she felt his arm around her back, halting her descent down to death. She could practically hear the church bells ringing and faint chorus from the heavens resonating in celebration. An invisible arrow whooshed through the air and ran straight through her heart. Heiran was struck.

She blinked, her brain temporarily on shutdown, wordlessly analyzing the delicate facial features of her savior. A dreamy breath of sigh left her lips.

"Are you alright?" The angel breathed, holding her in his arms.

"What an angel..."

"Excuse me?"

Heiran snapped out of her trance, rushing back to reality as she blinked and scrambled to straighten herself. "Yes! Yes, I'm alright!"

Chuckling awkwardly as she adjusted her blouse and rearranged herself, she flashed him a smile of gratitude, "T-thank you. I thought I was a goner."

"No problem." He answered back, offering his own smile and Heiran had to stop, feeling breathless at its beauty. This man was so ethereal. Why haven't I seen him around before?

The guy cleared his throat at her intense stare and looked down at the ground, "Oh, your papers."

Without wasting a second, he was already on it, picking them up from the stairs before Heiran could collect her wits. Shaking her head out of it, she quickly clambered to pick up her own papers. "Th-that's fine. I got this! You don't have to—"