23

"So that's what happened, Ms. Ahn. I showed them the power of my fists!"

Jungkook made a punching motion in the air, making sure to bulge up his muscles for extra emphasis before he realized that his distasteful hospital pajamas won't even let him show off his goods.

Heiran didn't look impressed, "They really did hit your head quite hard, didn't they?"

"Yes, Ms. Ahn," he replied before he realized the double meaning of her words. "Wait—"

She sighed tremendously, getting up from the bedside chair. "Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you, Mr. Jeon. Please focus on your recovery for now. I'll handle things at the office. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. I'll answer this time, I promise."

"You're leaving?" Jungkook didn't mean to sound that desperate but the question was out of his lips before he could hold it back and Heiran looked towards him curiously.

"Why, yes. I left the office open. Yoongi's the one looking after it..."

He couldn't tell if his emotions were that blatant on his face but Heiran looked at him strangely as if she were trying to figure something out. She looked thoughtfully around the room before some kind of realization seemed to dawn on her. She gasped.

"You don't have someone who's staying with you, don't you?"

Well, that sounded way more pathetic than it was. "Well, I do. They just... they're all in Seoul and Busan." He tried to gather his last bit of dignity.

"Oh my god, is that why you called me yesterday? Cuz you didn't have anyone to call?"

Jungkook winced in poorly concealed humiliation as if he was being brashly stripped naked by Ahn Heiran.

"Now I feel even worse..." Heiran commented with a sorry look.

He cleared his throat rather sternly, "Ms. Ahn, are you pitying me?"

"Oh, you poor thing~"

She absolutely was. Jungkook gritted his teeth as Heiran looked at him like he was some poignant, starving, stray dog on the streets. But his thoughts came to a screeching halt when she took hold of his hand in her palms and patted the back of it in consolation, nodding her head reassuringly.

"Listen. I'll make it up to you, okay? I'll do anything you want. Just don't hate me too much..."

Little do you know... Jungkook thought internally but all that came out of his mouth was a strangled kind of sound before he opted to just nod his head.

"So if you need anything, just ask me." Heiran paused, eyes assessing his face to see if he got the point as he looked away unable to handle that stare.

"You don't have to do anyth–" Jungkook began to say when an idea struck his mind and a devious grin threatened to split his mouth in half. "Actually, on second thought, I do require some of your assistance for a while Ms. Ahn, if you don't mind that is."

Heiran frowned at the sudden change in his stance but nodded her head nevertheless, "Sure."

Little did she know what was in store for her.

* * *

"That bastard Jimin even used to do foot massages for me..."

"Hehehe, aah~ Ms. Ahn, that tickles..."