Chapter 5

LEONARDO

Shutting my laptop off and clearing my table, I got up from the chair and went to the elevator to leave the office.

It's 5:40 pm right now and I have to meet my parents at 6 pm.

I removed the dark green coat and rolled up my black shirt to the elbows to look a little casual because it was a party.

Existing from the office and wishing a good day to my watchman I went to the parking lot and drove in my black Lamborghini to the coffee house.

It was only 3 blocks away from my office so I reached the house at 5:55 pm looking at my mother and father from outside talking to Carl and Joanna.

"Happy wedding anniversary uncle Carl and aunt Joanna." I wished them.
Joanna squealed and hugged me tightly." thank you my sugar plum."

She indeed has a habit of calling me a sugar plum, because she thinks I am cute and she loves me.

I shook hands with Carl and hugged him, "So, how is business going son heard you made a deal in Taiwan." He curiously asked me.

"Yes uncle, it going good, soon enough the production will start designing the product we did," I stated proudly. "Proud of you son."

"Be seated, my sugarplum is gonna be here any minute," Joanna murmured but I heard her.

"Hey, I was the sugar plum, who got that title other than me," I complained like a child.

"Trust me, Tesoro, I only call you two my sugar plum, she is just like my daughter and today she is gonna sing here." She said with a shine in her eyes.

Indeed she loves this 'sugar plum'
Both my parents and I were seated at a table and ordered our coffees.

"So, have you met Savanah again." My dad asked me smirking.
"Seriously mamma you told him." I gritted.

"Oh Tesoro he is your father and my husband I don't hide anything from him, I love your dad." My mother said playfully winking at my father.

Which made me wonder how lucky I am to get these two people in my life.

"No dad, I haven't plus I don't know if she has a boyfriend or not." I shrugged

"Don t give up son, if you both meant to be you will be with her everything will fall in place." He was interrupted by the sudden bell of the coffee house's door signalling someone just entered.

As I lift my head to look at the door my heart came to my mouth, my breathing stopped and everything around me started to get blur.

Looking as gorgeous as ever, wearing black pants with a nude top and a loose ponytail with high platform heels. Savanah looked like a goddess who just descended from heaven.

"My sugar plum you are here, I started getting worried I thought I might have scared you," Joanna asked being worried.

Suddenly I don't mind sharing my nickname with her.

"I am so sorry Jo, the water in my apartment was finished I had to go to Juliet's house to get ready." I read her lips.

It's creepy I know but as a high school teenager, it was the coolest thing I learned in a summer camp.

She rushed to Carl and hugged him from behind, I have never seen Carl act like a child. He squealed jumped and hugged her tightly.

Savanah kissed his cheek and he in return kissed her forehand saying thank you.

"Is she the one?" My dad asked.
Not able to remove my eyes from her I whispered," the only one."

I heard my dad chuckle.