Chapter 11

SAVANAH

"I knew you saved me that day after I got stabbed you brought me to hospital and please don't lie, I know you have a big bird tattoo on your shoulder I saw it before I blacked out that day."

The moment the words left my lips I could see a wave of surprise in his eyes. His neck had beads of sweat.

Is he now regretting saving me?

"I just wanted to say thank you." I said, "if you hadn't brought me to hospital in time I would have died."

"I just wanted to tell you that I owe my life to you, and I must pay you back because you paid my hospital bill."

Before I could continue he held my shoulder and slightly push me into the wall, not hard enough to hit me but now he was very close to me.

"Why?" He asked in a low intimidating voice.
"I. I told you I just want to thank you... " he cut me again.

"Why did you got stabbed, do you remember how you got stabbed." He asked in a dominating tone still his hands on my shoulder.

The heat from his palms radiating into my body through my scrubs was annoyingly comforting.

"Y..yes, a man was c...coming to sta...stab you so I just tried to stop him from attacking you, but he accidentally stabbed me," I said

Accidentally stabbed. These words don't look good together Savanah.

His green orbs still looking at the stuttering mess he created. I dared to look at him in the eyes and god kill me for doing that, but I bit my lip.

He looked one good minute at my lips which made me stop myself from biting my lips.

My palms were sweating in a fist hat I created only to feel my nails digging in it.

Searching his face for any kind of emotional, guilt maybe for saving me...... Anger that this information is not confidential anymore.

Only to find his face having the most adorable smile which tells me he is neither regretting nor angry.

"Why did you save me." He asked as he removed his hands from my shoulder and step back to give me enough space to breathe.

Suddenly I missed the heat I missed the low oxygen level. The distance now he had given me was kind of disappointing.

"Why wouldn't I, anyone at my place would have done the same," I said.

"No Savanah you are wrong, no one would come in between and get stabbed in the back because they wanted to save a stranger, they would have pushed me out the sight, called me or screamed but no one would risk their life." He said in a low husky voice.

He is so not right, anyone who is a kind-hearted person would do the same to save a life.

"So, why did you got stabbed when you could have simply called me from across the street or push me but yet you took the stab." He demanded in a low husky voice.

Honestly speaking I don't know the answer to why I didn't call him when I could have easily run and held the attacker from behind.

But still, I just stood there in between when he was about to stab him.

"Your life is worth saving for," I said.

"And yours not." He asked immediately with furrowed brows and with eyes that held lots of questions.

"Everyone's life is worth saving for," I said and exhaled the breath which I held for a very long.

"Why didn't you refuse to tell me when I asked you have met before," I asked.