Chapter 16

SAVANAH

The ride to the venue was a long walk of comfortable silence except for the music in the car.

Leo told me that ball happens every once in a year to raise money for children that suffer from polio or other paralytic diseases.

Vanessa is a paediatrician and she has her child hospital in Brooklyn. Leo also told me her mother is very passionate about kids and that made her organise this event.

Soon we reach the venue it was one of Leo's hotels but a bigger one than we had our dinner.

Leo drove the car to the back of the hotel which left me confused because the entrance was at the front.

Leo noticed my confusion.

"At the front is the media, and I don't like interacting with them and I don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable," Leo said.

"Thanks, Leo," I said.

Leo got out of the car and helped me to get down with the gown I was wearing.

My hands were sweating, suddenly I felt all the voices around me getting intensified.

I never liked parties with lots of people. It makes me very conscious of myself. I mean this event is extravagant and I don't fit in.

Leo held my hand and rubbed it with his thumb. He came close to me and pulls my chin in an upward direction so I could look him in the eyes.

"Stop overthinking, you look gorgeous. And if anyone has a problem with you they can find their way out." Leo said.

Leo said the same thing that my mind was running around. His hand rubs which ease my anxiety so much.

"Now I want you to smile like you always do and don't worry I will be there with you. Tell me what's bothering you." He asked.

"I just feel out of the place and I don't know anyone here," I said while looking at my feet.

"Savanah you know me, mom, dad, Adam and Connor we all will be having our tables together and you don't have to feel out of the place just because there are some rich jerks and princesses around here."

"Let me tell you a little secret." He came closer to me holding both my hands and my eyes went to his beautiful face which was glowing with the moonlight.

"Out of all the people in here including me, you are the most brilliant person here. Look at you you are a Doctor, anyone here is not that capable to do one great thing once in a lifetime that you do every day. You are a fucking diamond in a chamber of coal." Leo said while still rubbing his both thumbs on the back of my hands.

My eyes were soon to be flooded with tears no one has ever said to me that my profession was great except for the patients, but Leo meant every word he said. He didn't just say to make me feel better, he meant every word. I could feel the sincerity in his voice.

"And Vanessa too," I said and Leo laughed.

"Yep mamma too."

We both made our way inside the hotel.

The hotel was decorated beautifully with low golden lights and ribbons. Lots of flutes of champagne were roaming here and there.

We both made our way to Mr and Mrs Morello, Leo locked our arms together and he gave me a firm smile.

"Oh my goodness you look like a princess dear," Vanessa said.

"Thanku you look good too," I said.

Vanessa wore an ash grey gown with an elegant side bun and red lips. This woman knows how to dress up.