Chapter 28

SAVANAH

"No," Vanessa said with a slight annoyance in her voice.

"You can go now, Dr Morello."

"My lord Leonardo Morello bought 49% of the hospital after the first complaint against my client was filed and he bought the rest 51% of the hospital before the second complaint was filed." William's lawyer said.

Leo what have you done, he bought the whole fucking hospital.

"My lord now I would like to call Dr Rodriguez."

As my name was called I stood up from my chair with wobbly legs sensing every eye on me at this moment. I could see William smirking in his seat.

I want everything to stop for this moment so that I can run away far away. I don't want to be humiliated anymore.

I quietly went on the stand and faced the judge, who gave me a slight sympathetic nod and I liked at the lawyer who had a look saying ' you are dead meat'.

"Dr Rodriguez, what is your annual income?" He asked.

It's slightly weird and a personal question, should I answer it, I mean I should answer it. It's not a big thing. I can answer that.

"70,000 dollars," I said.

"Still you blackmailed my client for asking favours for your career." He said.

I was dumbfounded by his allegation, does this nitwit didn't listen to the recording.

"Objection my lord, we have a call recording telling that Dr William forged the message to blackmail my client to have sexual intercourse with him," Christina said in a loud adamant voice.

The judge asked to hear the recording, soon the whole courtroom was filled with the conversation between me and William.

It was very hard for me to just not cry and listen to the conversation, I seemed so weak so fragile and I hated that.

I was never like this, you have had worse than that.

After hearing the recording the judge seemed to be convinced of my side and declined Williams's allegation to be false.

The whole case was being held for 3 good hours. Every close person from the hospital was being asked if they notice anything wrong with Williams's behaviour.

Jul got so angry at the stand that she called William 'motherfucker' thrice. The judge literary warned her for using that language.

Nancy the nurse also told everyone how she was corned in the female bathroom one night during her duty and was groped by William.

Her complaint was deferred and she was transferred to a junior nurse from the scrub nurse.

Till this time everyone's eyes were already moist seeing people supporting me, and till this time I could see William with a sweaty face on.

The judge gave us a 20-minute break to discuss it with the medical board and then they will announce their decision.

To say I was nervous was an understatement, I was fricking scared. My hands were trembling. Vanessa and Jul both were sitting on either side of me.

With my head on Jul's shoulder and my hand was occasionally squeezed by Vanessa to reassure me. Leo was talking with Dr Nolic, Carl and his father.

In the peripheral, I saw William sitting with his head in his hands, and his light leg shaking. His lawyer was pacing around with his tie hung loose.

................

After 20 minutes we all went inside the courtroom, the judge asked both the lawyers if they want to ask any questions to any other person.
Christina denied but William's lawyer called Leo to ask questions.