Chapter 17

SAVANAH

"OMG Jul you want me to come to meet your boyfriend. Seriously how long you guys have been official." I asked.

"We have been hanging around for like 2 months and last night we decided to make it official." She said.

"Please come I want you to meet him," Jul said.

"Ok ok but if I feel like this guy is bad news you will listen to me this time," I said with a strict voice or maybe trying one.

"Done we've already met his best friends only you are left." She said nonchalantly.

"Last night you did officially when did you meet his friends?" I asked.

"Breakfast at Carl's." She said.

"Now for lunch at Carl's?" I asked.

"Please you are making us late, he is already waiting for us," Jul said while dragging me to the car.

I sat in the passenger seat and Jul started to drive my car. "At least tell me his name," I asked.

"You are gonna meet him in a few minutes. Have patience." She said while smirking.

Oh holy mother of Jesus Christ this girl is up to something.

We reached Carl's. As we entered the cafe I saw a familiar back of the head. Surprisingly we were moving towards the table.

"Hey babe Sav is here," Jul said which made the mysterious guy turn.

"CONNOR!!!" I yelled.

"Hey, beautiful." He said and smirked.

"When did this start?" I asked while pointing the air in between them.

"Ah, that day when she came to check Vanessa." He said.

Of course, why wouldn't they?

"Leo was here for the breakfast?" I asked.
" yes, he was," Jul said.

Leo didn't tell me, he is so dead.

We all sat and started to order for the lunch.

"So how's work treating you," Connor asked. Which made me surprised because Connor never talk about working with me.

He likes to talk about other stuff like boys, girls and sometimes maybe both together. But he is straight.

"Good actually," I said while still contemplating the chances of Connor and Jul dating.

Don't get me wrong I want Jul to be happy but the Clyde situation always comes in my head. I won't like her to do the same mistake and then cry to me on the phone.

Jul sensed my overthinking, she always does.

"I know Sav you are worried because of what happened with Clyde and me, but Connor is different, he may sometimes look carefree or careless but he is genuine at heart. He cares for me, he listens to me and most importantly he understands me. I need you to accept us happily. You mean a lot to me Sav."Jul said.

It made my eyes tear, I know Connor, he like Jul and I can see it, in the way he looks at her, he is so gentle with her which I never saw Clyde be the one.

He was always a gold digger and a very passive-aggressive guy but the best thing about Clyde was he was a sneaky little bitch who was able to hide his affairs for 2 years and was good with computers.

"Fine, you both have my blessing, welcome Connor." I smiled and said.

Connor happily nodded and we all did cheers with our lemonade.