Chapter 31

SAVANAH

Convincing Leo of my condition was the toughest part, he didn't talk to me for 2 hrs and kept angrily munching on food.

He looked kinda cute if I am being honest. But in the end, all it took was a simple kiss and everything went back to normal.

I already told my mom that I will not come into the house, I will reach the hotel and from there only I will attend the wedding and fly back to New York.

I haven't told anyone in the house, that I am bringing a date with me to the wedding.

Right now we are inside the hotel room which was supposed to be mine because Leo couldn't get a separate room due to the full guest list.

Leo seem unfazed about it but I, on the other hand, wanted him to have a different room because I need to get ready and trust me no one likes to change their clothes in the washroom.

We have already missed the start of the dinner rehearsal and I do not intend to go in between it. So I am taking Leo to my favourite restaurant in Seattle.

"You know we should have gone to the rehearsal dinner, I don't want to have a bad impression on your family," Leo said while he helped me to cross the road.

"It's no issue, plus I want to show you the beautiful part of my childhood," I said while I dragged Leo to go inside the restaurant, but he didn't budge.

"What?" I asked utterly confused what is this man thinking and not moving.

"You said part." He said I am still confused about what he was trying to say.

"You said the beautiful part of childhood, singular." I was speechless because of his peculiar notice of my words.

I mean who does that.

"No, you misheard, never mind we will get late let's get our tummies filled, come on," I said avoiding his further questions.

Entering the restaurant, I got a wave of Deja vu, I remembered my grandpa bringing me to this restaurant to cheer me up.

I took Leo to the booth near the window side to sit. While Leo admired the restaurant, I started to look at the menu to find my grandpa's special.

"Is it my Princess?" A voice boomed from the kitchen to our table.

"Robert." I squealed and went to hug him.

"I didn't know you still work here," I said with a few tears in my eyes.

Robert is the head chef of the restaurant.
He was a dear friend of my grandfather, he used to sit with us when we are eat our food and telling us his village stories.

Gosh, I missed him so much.

"Mija (dear), you have grown into such a beautiful woman," Robert said.

"I am a surgeon now," I said proudly and Robert hugged me tightly.

"Oh God your grandpa would be so proud of you, and who is this young man with you," Robert asked while Leo stood from his seat to shake his hands with him.

"Leonardo Morello sir."

"Mija you got a fine boyfriend for yourself," Robert said but before I could correct him Leo beat me to it.

"Thank you, sir." Leo chuckled a bit and looked at me. Robert sat with us for a minute while telling Leo about how I used to come here when I was 16 and sit here for hours just doing calculus.

He thinks himself to be my boyfriend, but he didn't ask me yet, maybe he just said it to not to explain more. Yea this is the possible reason.

I noticed Leo was peacefully and attentively listening to Robert. Leo is one of the richest people but sometimes he doesn't behave like one.