Chapter 36

SAVANAH

The world is a scary place to live in especially when you live, without your special person, your home person.

My day in the hospital was the most depressing today. Every surgery that I did today was a fail people died today.

Any patient that had come today to me for medical help didn't return home with a smile on their face or a ray of hope in their eyes.

I don't know why but it seems today was a very devastating day for me as well as for the patients and their families.

I missed Leo very much today, I called him twice but he didn't pick up my phone, maybe he is busy with a meeting.

I called Adam, but he said Leo didn't come to the office today. Now, this was a scary thing to hear.

I was going to stay the night with Leo, but he was still unreachable to me, the only person I called to know about him was Gracia.

I am not behaving like a clingy or a control freak girlfriend, it's just that I am worried about Leo, it's never happened that Leo didn't pick up my call.

"Hello dear," Garcia answered the call after 2 rings.

"Hi, Gracia, Are you at Leo's house," I asked.

"No dear, Leo asked to take a leave today. What happened, anything wrong?" Gracia asked.

"everything is fine I was just about to head to his place to sleep today, and he is not picking his phone up. so I thought maybe he is at the club."

" oh no no he won't be dear, it's Wednesday today, he only visits the club on Saturday just to check on the work, he must be at home, I assure you otherwise you can call the ground security for the keys they will give you," Gracia told me, I thanked Gracia and decided to go to Leo's house.

Reaching the ground floor I asked the security if Leo is in his condo, and according to them, he didn't leave his house since the last night none entered and left.

As the lift started to reach a floor higher my heart starts to beat faster. I hope Leo is all well and fine. In the back of my mind, I was considering calling 911 but I want to see and then do things.

Maybe he is just sleeping, or he wanted a day off and just sleep in all day. Away from everyday routine. I think I am gonna intrude on his personal space today.

But it will kill me if I didn't see Leo, it is settled I am gonna go see if he is okay and then I will return home. everyone needs their space.

I am standing in front of Leo's door and I already rang his doorbell thrice, where is he, now he is just giving me a heart attack, I am calling him and he is not picking up his phone.

Just as I was about to call ground security and 911 the door opened, I was ready to be now an overprotective girlfriend and yell at his audacity not to call me and put me in worry but then I saw him.

His eyes were bloodshot red with a red running nose, he looked devastated. I lunged quickly at him as he was burning from fever.

"What are you doing here," he asked.

"You weren't picking up my calls, you didn't have Gracia for your whole day and you are burning now you make me so worried Leo," I said and making him sit on the couch.

"I am sorry it's hay fever, I didn't want you to see me like this, and Gracia would have called mom, and right now she is n a trip with my dad, I didn't wanna spoil that." he reasoned.

" no matter what I am always there for you, sickness and health.' i said without realising what I just said. I laid a cold water cloth on his forehead as he grinned.